Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Supreme Fan

when Bay pointed out that quitting school was a surefire way for Emmett to get a job at the mini-mart while waiting for his photography career to take off. Thrilled his Mom fought for him. Awesome ASL fight. Cameron - gee, what a prize. Melody and Emmett are better off w/out him.

Not sure about Daphne going back - pretty much gave Simone what she wanted, and made the show-down for point guard pointless.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 02-21-2012 at 07:20 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
New Fan

Well this was the thrilla in SAB match you couldn't miss.

Round 1:
Bay/Emmett -- The boy got his wish w/o limits but he got deeper & deeper in the hole -- jail (but he lost his dream bike), leaving school (lost of an education) & booze (self destruction as he wants positive changes in his life the hearing aid & to speak like normal people do). The love for the fabulous duo will be hitting a rough patch but I really do hope they work it out.EBay forever!

Round 2:
Wilke/Simone & Daphne -- Daphne makes the right choice for her instead of being pushed & pulled to sell this or hype that up for the school. She was tired of the BS from the coach, her "friend" Simone. I approve her choice to go back to her old school at Carlton I really do hope Wilke & Daphne are still good friends even after what happened.

Round 3:
Melody vs Cameron -- The only thing missing was a slap to his face or a Dynasty catfight w/ Olivia aka Crystal vs Alexis. BRAVO on the ASL verbal fight.

Round 4:
Kathryn/John -- I don't care if you are super rich if you buy a house, a car or anything over a certain agreed amount beforehand the two of you let the other person know ahead of time. I would be ticked off if my gf or wife did that.

Round 5:
Regina/gallery art dealer -- Yeah the money is nice but even still you make dang sure she wants her story for even more public knowledge on the gallery pamphlet. She wants to be known for her art not her past.

Note:
Melody was less annoying than episodes before. I hope Bay & her get along better.

Tonight's episode 4.9 out of 5 -- It hit all the right beats & delivered a payoff that couldn't be topped.

Matthew

Last edited by mguy1977; 02-21-2012 at 09:20 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Kathryn's behavior tonight was wrong - it's gonna bite her.

Still wondering why in the world Cameron would show up, and bring his gf - Regina is his ex-wife's best friend. Regina obviously found it easy to pick sides (wonder if Cameron was a jerk even during the marriage), so why would she want you there with your new girlfriend ... right in the face of your ex-wife No thought there. None. Especially when he put his hands on his ex-wife .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 02-21-2012 at 09:07 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cameron and Oliva didn't even seem to be invited. They just crashed the art show. Everything about those two are tacky.

Emmett needs tough love. He is out of control.

I'm looking forward to art dealer catching Bay placing her art around his gallery in the future because eventually she will get caught. That said, I always thought her pop art of her and Emmett on the bike was the coolest thing she did, but it seems like it would have been better to leave it as something personal between them.

I feel bad for Kathryn, that lawsuit storyline is easily the worst thing going on the show and it makes me zone out her scenes. The strength of the show is having the parents play off the kids, not lawyers and nurses no one cares about.

Wilke was right. Daphne was out of line.

Not as good as last week, but the highlight was definitely the ASL fight.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I really love the Bay/Regina bay leaves moment.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
I really love the Bay/Regina bay leaves moment.
I did to, only thing missing was an embrace from Regina to Bay. Let them have a real touching mother daughter moment.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Great episode!!

The sign language that is the reason why I love this show. The fight was just as intense as if they has spoken the words. Very powerful stuff.

Emmett really is spiraling and Bay has his best interests at heart. He really shouldn't have acted the way he did but I can forgive him because of all that he is going through and dealing with. He really needs to move back in with his mom.

Kathryn shouldn't have given the money to the nurse. That is going to hurt them in the case.

I am glad Daphne is going to play for Carlton again. I want her far away from Simone.

And someone get Toby away from Simone too!

I loved the Bay/Regina moments.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I did to, only thing missing was an embrace from Regina to Bay. Let them have a real touching mother daughter moment.
yes I would really like a hug between these two

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, they should have hugged each other!

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's been a crazy week and I haven't even watched yet lol, but I will soon! Don't want to read anything that'll spoil me!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Getting around to my review a little bit late but here it is:

Good episode.

Kathryn: I totally felt her position, her heart was definitely in the right place wanting to help the nurse out but ... in the end, I think it was a risky move that can come back to hurt their case. First off, I'm not totally on board with trusting the nurse yet. I still think there might be more to that story, like, is she really telling the truth or is she in this for some money?! What's to stop the nurse from blackmailing them down the line for more money, and if they don't pay up, she'll threaten to tell the other side (hospital defense team) the Kathryn gave her a payout for her testimony?! It's obviously not what happened but it's likely what people will believe. I know that the nurse refused the money at first but that could have been guilt rather than pride if she's hiding something. Hopefully I'm wrong about this, though.

Melody: It was refreshing to see her lightening up on Bay this episode - some of the defenses appeared to break down. I do feel for her in this situation, she wants what is best for her son and living with his father clearly is not the answer. I know she had a freakout moment at the art opening and while it was bad timing, it was completely understandable. Smelling the alcohol on Emmett's breath sent that spiraling into motion.

Bay: I supported her decision to go to Melody - she is concerned about Emmett and rightfully so. Also, I'm glad she came around to being a bit supportive of her mother's art being displayed in the gallery rather than her own and she and Regina had a touching moment in the end over the sentimental meaning attached to the mask.

Emmett: I know he was upset but the people around him who love him are concerned for his welfare. He is going through alot of family drama; however, his choices are not the answers to his problems. Hopefully soon, he'll realize that his mother, while imperfect, really has been looking out for his best interests all along.

Daphne/Wilke: Some cute scenes, I thought it was nice they were both voted athlete of the month. Some tense moments too - I don't think Daphne meant any harm to her team or Wilke but was just going with her heart when she defended her old team needing some funding. Hopefully they can get past some of these misunderstandings.

Daphne: I actually support her decision to return to her old team, I think in the end, she took away some valuable lessons. There's more to what makes a team than just winning: it's how the team plays together. I think Daphne missed her old team that after getting a bird's eye view of how Simone was treating her after winning the point guard position over her.

Regina: I completely understood why she was upset about the art opening - she never gave permission for her story to be used to 'sell' the artwork. She was taken advantage of but at the same time, I was happy for her that she got to have some of her achievements showcased for others to see.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Getting around to my review a little bit late but here it is:

Good episode.

Kathryn: I totally felt her position, her heart was definitely in the right place wanting to help the nurse out but ... in the end, I think it was a risky move that can come back to hurt their case. First off, I'm not totally on board with trusting the nurse yet. I still think there might be more to that story, like, is she really telling the truth or is she in this for some money?! What's to stop the nurse from blackmailing them down the line for more money, and if they don't pay up, she'll threaten to tell the other side (hospital defense team) the Kathryn gave her a payout for her testimony?! It's obviously not what happened but it's likely what people will believe. I know that the nurse refused the money at first but that could have been guilt rather than pride if she's hiding something. Hopefully I'm wrong about this, though.

Melody: It was refreshing to see her lightening up on Bay this episode - some of the defenses appeared to break down. I do feel for her in this situation, she wants what is best for her son and living with his father clearly is not the answer. I know she had a freakout moment at the art opening and while it was bad timing, it was completely understandable. Smelling the alcohol on Emmett's breath sent that spiraling into motion.

Bay: I supported her decision to go to Melody - she is concerned about Emmett and rightfully so. Also, I'm glad she came around to being a bit supportive of her mother's art being displayed in the gallery rather than her own and she and Regina had a touching moment in the end over the sentimental meaning attached to the mask.

Emmett: I know he was upset but the people around him who love him are concerned for his welfare. He is going through alot of family drama; however, his choices are not the answers to his problems. Hopefully soon, he'll realize that his mother, while imperfect, really has been looking out for his best interests all along.

Daphne/Wilke: Some cute scenes, I thought it was nice they were both voted athlete of the month. Some tense moments too - I don't think Daphne meant any harm to her team or Wilke but was just going with her heart when she defended her old team needing some funding. Hopefully they can get past some of these misunderstandings.

Daphne: I actually support her decision to return to her old team, I think in the end, she took away some valuable lessons. There's more to what makes a team than just winning: it's how the team plays together. I think Daphne missed her old team that after getting a bird's eye view of how Simone was treating her after winning the point guard position over her.

Regina: I completely understood why she was upset about the art opening - she never gave permission for her story to be used to 'sell' the artwork. She was taken advantage of but at the same time, I was happy for her that she got to have some of her achievements showcased for others to see.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Great post! I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I do think there is more to the hospital story than the nurse and maybe she isn't that trustworthy, but I get Kathryn's position. When you're in a position of means and someone else isn't and you see them in trouble, the first natural instinct is to help them. Whether it's right or wrong or if they take it the wrong way, she had her heart in the right place; however, that being said, it could absolutely bite them in the butt.

I was so proud of Bay for getting involved. She made the right decision and it was very nice seeing Bay and Melody getting along, and Melody seeing that Bay is doing the right thing by Emmett. And she noticed how funny Bay was, which was a plus.

I think the scene at the art show was a bit misplaced, but you know, people react to situations and she sees her son in imminent danger and of course, she's going to jump in like a mama bear. Also, take into account what she does for a living; she's a counselor and she probably sees this stuff all of the time. Hearing, deaf, there are families that are dysfunctional and kids go down the wrong path all of the time; she doesn't want that to happen to Emmett.

Emmett, as much as I love him as a character and feel for him, I do hope he gets some perspective soon. I can allow him to have feelings, but I don't think Melody or Bay should be his emotional punching bag. Right now his judgment is clouded, but hopefully soon he'll start to see the big picture.

I'm glad Daphne realized what she did. I don't love the switching teams again, but sometimes you get lessons in life and it happens. The important part is she went back and hopefully it will work out in her favor.

Happy for Regina and I thought she was absolutely right in her reaction. Her story is not a commodity. That being said, I adored the Bay leaves moment!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When you're in a position of means and someone else isn't and you see them in trouble, the first natural instinct is to help them. Whether it's right or wrong or if they take it the wrong way, she had her heart in the right place; however, that being said, it could absolutely bite them in the butt.
Absolutely, I don't think Kathryn can be faulted for that. What sucks is that Kathryn has a giving/empathetic nature and it's going to suck if the nurse, or anyone else, will take advantage of that. So in a way, I hope I'm completely wrong about not trusting the nurse because than that would mean that people 'liker her' give people who really need the help a bad name, and then they suffer when people decide not to trust their plight.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:02 PM
New Fan

I really love this show. I love the signing in it.. I do think Emmett needs to be with Melody though.. I like it when Emmett talks. I think he he has a sweet voice..

I am new here! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglover (View Post)
I really love this show. I love the signing in it.. I do think Emmett needs to be with Melody though.. I like it when Emmett talks. I think he he has a sweet voice..

I am new here! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Hey, welcome to the board. I'm Heather, one of the moderators for the Switched at Birth board. We have an introduction thread at the top, feel free to drop in and officially introduce yourself if you'd like. Look forward to seeing more of you and reading your thoughts.

I agree - the 'signing' makes this show original all on it's own, I can't recall a show that has ever really focused on it in a family drama before, as one of the main themes. And I really like that Emmett is putting effort into speaking.