Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Supreme Fan

I didn't really like how Emmett was tonight. I mean SERIOUSLY hinting to Bay that he wants them to sleep together, by indicating that she can spend the night because his Dad's okay with it? Gee, that's romantic. Don't think he noticed how uncomfortable he was making her by putting on that kind of spontaneous pressure. So Emmett's not a "vegetable" huh? Wow, must've been a quick fling or something. Wonder if it was with one of his school teachers (where did Tamara Jacobs go after leaving Capeside, again?). Loved how Bay left him with "If you think that we are still sleeping together after this, then you're higher than your Dad."

Emmett's Dad ... no wonder Emmett was happy to move in with him. His house is like Neverland. Nobody has to grow up. The man has no rules. Getting his son out of school for a whole day to go look for a new motorcycle frame? Yes, that really embraces the responsibility that Melody is trying to instill in him. A bong ... wow. The free-spirited (and need I add younger?) girlfriend who encourages Emmett and Bay's sexual lifestyle by indicating that the beds are better than a backseat? If I was Melody and I found out about that, I'd hit the roof about that kind of influence. Perhaps Melody actually set boundaries for Peter Pan (Emmett's Dad) who had already met his young little girlfriend and decided to walk out on his wife and kid for greener pastures? I think the guy who played his Dad played late teen/adult Cole in Mr. Holland's Opus.

Angelo ... hmm. Still think there's something more. Bravo to Regina's mom though. Liked Daphne/Wilke - they were adorable tonight.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean0002 (View Post)
Regina and Bay need to wake up. They are both going to be seriously hurt by Angelo.
They both need to step back and be cautious on Angelo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I knew he had some moves during their make out scene in the park.

Hated their fight. They need to make up like yesterday. Hehe. Next week I hope.

I am feeling bad for Bay and Daphne too, but I'm glad Daphne and Wilke made up and Daphne had her moment with John. I still think he's lying.
Emmett not being a V is interesting, but the fact that he hasn't pressured her to do anything but tonight he did seem to hope she'd be up for it.The "Is Bay a V" question can be put to rest finally.

Bay was just upset about Angelo, had nothing to do with Emmett, they'll be okay. I knew Bay was nervous when Emmett asked her to stay over, that's just nerves and Angelo talking. I do like that they were talking about it, I hope Bay loses her V card to Emmett, I really do but not right away, let it be eventually.

I have another pressing question, so Emmett pined for Daphne for years but when he said he got tired of waiting, that's obviously when he had sex with another girl, and I wonder if Daphne has any idea of this, I'm thinking NO.

tonight's episode funny as hell! LOL
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I didn't really like how Emmett was tonight. I mean SERIOUSLY hinting to Bay that he wants them to sleep together, by indicating that she can spend the night because his Dad's okay with it? Gee, that's romantic. Don't think he noticed how uncomfortable he was making her by putting on that kind of spontaneous pressure. So Emmett's not a "vegetable" huh? Wow, must've been a quick fling or something. Wonder if it was with one of his school teachers (where did Tamara Jacobs go after leaving Capeside, again?). Loved how Bay left him with "If you think that we are still sleeping together after this, then you're higher than your Dad."

Emmett's Dad ... no wonder Emmett was happy to move in with him. His house is like Neverland. Nobody has to grow up. The man has no rules. Getting his son out of school for a whole day to go look for a new motorcycle frame? Yes, that really embraces the responsibility that Melody is trying to instill in him. A bong ... wow. The free-spirited (and need I add younger?) girlfriend who encourages Emmett and Bay's sexual lifestyle by indicating that the beds are better than a backseat? If I was Melody and I found out about that, I'd hit the roof about that kind of influence. Perhaps Melody actually set boundaries for Peter Pan (Emmett's Dad) who had already met his young little girlfriend and decided to walk out on his wife and kid for greener pastures? I think the guy who played his Dad played late teen/adult Cole in Mr. Holland's Opus.

Angelo ... hmm. Still think there's something more. Bravo to Regina's mom though. Liked Daphne/Wilke - they were adorable tonight.
Honestly, I think Emmett is just enjoying his new found freedom and it is going to head a little bit. He loves it now but it is going to get old quickly. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he needs some structure.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

The bike stuff is something is something that should be done on a weekend.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm thinking that Cameron is going to let Emmett down in a big way and Emmett will realize that his Mom is the parent he's meant to stay with. Rules and all, I think that his Dad's utopia is going to drag Emmett down eventually. I think it would be interesting if his Dad's attitude starts to influence Emmett in a bad way (more than it already has) and Bay goes to Melody to find out what exactly went wrong, and they can work together to bring the REAL Emmett back.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'm thinking that Cameron is going to let Emmett down in a big way and Emmett will realize that his Mom is the parent he's meant to stay with. Rules and all, I think that his Dad's utopia is going to drag Emmett down eventually. I think it would be interesting if his Dad's attitude starts to influence Emmett in a bad way (more than it already has) and Bay goes to Melody to find out what exactly went wrong, and they can work together to bring the REAL Emmett back.
I think Cameron's behavior right now is "Living the single life" kinda thing. I'm not sure what happened between Melody and Cameron, I think this laid back thing is obviously Cameron acting out and wanting to do what he wants when he wants to, he couldn't do that when married.

I'd like to know the reason why Melody/Cameron split and I won't be open to Melody until she apologizes to Bay for treating her so harshly.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Wonder if that young thing that Cameron is sleeping with is part of the reason behind the split.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Wonder if that young thing that Cameron is sleeping with is part of the reason behind the split.
As much as I dislike Melody right now, she seems like a very together woman, despite her behavior towards Bay. Cameron and Melody. We're obviously missing something here, I hope it'll come out.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved Bay's reaction ... the sexual overtures were very blunt and awkward. Not appropriate at all. You know it's weird when even Bay was staring at Olivia like "Uh okay."
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't hate the grama. I think she's the only smart one with Angelo

Emmett and Bay shocked me. I like the direction they took cause I'm pretty sure everyone thought Bay wasn't a virgin and Emmett was and how Bay will corupt him or something. But he sorta annoyed me. I could tell Bay caused that fight on purpose cause she didn't want to have sex.

John is lying! Poor Kat. She's so sweet and loving.

And Wilke and Daphne are adorable.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I don't hate the grama. I think she's the only smart one with Angelo

Emmett and Bay shocked me. I like the direction they took cause I'm pretty sure everyone thought Bay wasn't a virgin and Emmett was and how Bay will corupt him or something. But he sorta annoyed me. I could tell Bay caused that fight on purpose cause she didn't want to have sex.

John is lying! Poor Kat. She's so sweet and loving.

And Wilke and Daphne are adorable.
Emmett seemed like a typical teenage boy who wanted sex tonight from his girlfriend. Bay was clearly upset about Angelo and she was uncomfortable about the sex thing, so it's a mixture of both why bay fought with Emmett.

Quote:
Loved Bay's reaction ... the sexual overtures were very blunt and awkward. Not appropriate at all. You know it's weird when even Bay was staring at Olivia like "Uh okay."
Bay's reaction to Cameron and Olivia and that bong pipe, good lord, had me rolling!
Old 01-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Emmett was pressuring her, but mileages vary. I saw it as they had a conversation where they talked about it and he was being a guy thinking that she was on the same page. I'm not saying he was right to think that and that there probably should have been more of a conversation but I'm not surprised. Sex in high school has been there since the dawn of day basically and teenagers tend to think they're ready when they're not.

It didn't seem like to me that he wanted to sleep with her just to sleep with her. For me it's been obvious how deeply he cares for Bay and how deeply she cares for him. I think they are having their first serious romance with each other and may feel/think it's love. Clearly, Emmett's not in this relationship just to get into Bay's pants. At this point they've been together a few months. I think he just was you know.....thinking with his other head more. A combination of freedom and just feeling kind of euphoric.

Maybe he should have picked up on Bay's uneasyness, but again, thinking with the lower head.

But I do think Olivia was being inapprorpriate. The first time I could see it as being nervous, but it was starting to cross lines and boundaries. She barely knows Emmett and she's making comments about cars versus bed. Can it, lady. There's being the friendly parent and then being the friend more than the parent. True, she's not married to Cameron, but they are living together and Emmett is now partially her responsibility. I get them wanting to create a big parallel between Melody and the new household, but it was innapropriate. I'd probably have the same reaction Bay did, and this is coming off of the heels of learning about her dad, so I'm not surprised she got upset with Emmett.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't think Emmett was pressuring her, but mileages vary. I saw it as they had a conversation where they talked about it and he was being a guy thinking that she was on the same page. I'm not saying he was right to think that and that there probably should have been more of a conversation but I'm not surprised. Sex in high school has been there since the dawn of day basically and teenagers tend to think they're ready when they're not.

It didn't seem like to me that he wanted to sleep with her just to sleep with her. For me it's been obvious how deeply he cares for Bay and how deeply she cares for him. I think they are having their first serious romance with each other and may feel/think it's love. Clearly, Emmett's not in this relationship just to get into Bay's pants. At this point they've been together a few months. I think he just was you know.....thinking with his other head more. A combination of freedom and just feeling kind of euphoric.

Maybe he should have picked up on Bay's uneasyness, but again, thinking with the lower head.

But I do think Olivia was being inapprorpriate. The first time I could see it as being nervous, but it was starting to cross lines and boundaries. She barely knows Emmett and she's making comments about cars versus bed. Can it, lady. There's being the friendly parent and then being the friend more than the parent. True, she's not married to Cameron, but they are living together and Emmett is now partially her responsibility. I get them wanting to create a big parallel between Melody and the new household, but it was innapropriate. I'd probably have the same reaction Bay did, and this is coming off of the heels of learning about her dad, so I'm not surprised she got upset with Emmett.

Olivia made me uncomfortable, she was acting like a teenager, not a woman and promoting teenage sex!
Quote:

I agree with you. Emmett really cares about Bay, I think tonight was a case of Emmett was thinking with his other head more obviously, lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think Emmett was pressuring her. Bay actually led him to that topic by telling him that Olivia thinks they are sleeping together. All he did was ask if she thought sleeping together would be a bad thing. Given that he is not a virgin, I will assume it is something he wanted for a while but never knew how she felt about it. They weren't comfortable enough around each other to bring it up. Now that a mix of Olivia's comments and Bay's got him into that topic, he asked something he has probably been wondering for a while.

I did think he was being a little too forward with her by asking her to stay over, but with the way they were kissing I wouldn't say it came out of nowhere. She seemed clearly uncomfortable and I think he should have picked up on that. With that said, I don't know many teen boys that would. She also told him that it is something she wanted as well. She didn't have to say that. I think Emmett was just telling her what he wanted. I doubt his intention was to pressure her into sex. I saw it more as a "this is what I want...is this what you want too" type of deal.

I don't know that Bay started the fight inentionally, but I don't think the idea of sleeping with Emmett right then and there helped. It was a little too much weight on her shoulders, so she snapped.
The fight was just dumb, IMO. Honestly, it may just have been nothing more than a plot point created by the writers. They made BE discuss sex and now they had to figure out a way to not let them go though with it. IDK, the fight seemed a bit out of place (forced?) to me.

Olivia...she's a little much. I like that she notices the good in Bay, like her artwork, her signing, etc. At the same time, she needs to tone it down with all the sexual undertones. Its something BE should figure out for themselves, without being pushed into the topic.

Quote:
Just needed to quote this and say I agree

Last edited by Alexandra.; 01-31-2012 at 09:44 PM
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
New Fan

Wow that was an hour amazing tv. Emmett traded up in the parent dept but it isn't all paradise once into the new place. Emmett's dad had something wasn't working in w/ the marriage w/ not so sweet Melody. Bay is a virgin & Emmett got tired of waiting for Daphne so he got some action. Angelo & Regina getting back to together already. John is no "perfect dad" but then who is. Katerine is trying to mix things together for the perfect were are one big happy family facade w/ lots & lots of food. Angelo's secret is revealed assaulted a friend who was nailing his bride-to-be. To quote Chris Rock "I wouldn't do it, but I understand". Grandma deports former son in law hmm on the naughty list for doing the right thing, yeah I think so.

Last edited by mguy1977; 01-31-2012 at 10:34 PM