Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Shows were definately given more of a chance I think there is too much competition today and networks are not willing to give shows a chance to mature

I remember that too. I thought it was gonna have 6 seasons I do think that its next season, will probably be its last though
Old 05-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just wondering what they are going to do for it. I mean the Apokalypse is only scary so many times tbh.

Sometimes I wonder if I get so bored with TV today because it feels like I've almost seen everything somewhere else before...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah BTVS was my fav show, but even I had to agree with it ending after 7 seasons, because after a while there is noone new to explore Even though I was devastated when it ended I think it was for the best
It is best for shows to go out on a bang, instead of drawing them out for too long, which makes them lose their charm

I guess, because most stories have been told, it is hard to find new shows with new concepts I cannot imagine what it is gonna be like in another 5/10 years
Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I guess there is very little that is still surprising. And sometimes shows are just ruined in the process of making them... case in point: Veronica Mars.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Have Eyes For You (View Post)
Yes, I am still surprised that 90210 has gotten a renewal And TVD was a guaranteed renewal

I did think that this season was going to be the last for SPN, but obviously I was wrong

90s was really great for tv Maybe because I was a child then, that I look back with good memories. But I do also think that tv was generally better anyway
It was better indeed Buffy, BH90210, FRIENDS, X Files...when you see what's on tv nowadays it's nothing more than copies of what we watched in 90s with the vampires or teen drama for example.

That's why i like Ringer so much, it's really new and refreshing and i'll be very saddened if they don't renew it.

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 05-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really would love to see an Season 2!
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
Old 05-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

Bring on a s2!!

We have seen pretty much everything now, so there isn't too much more that is new to us

Exactly Zohra Most shows are just based on reused storylines Although we know there is nothing like the original (i.e. BTVS )

Ringer is really refreshing It will be such a shame if we miss out on a second season
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Have Eyes For You (View Post)
Bring on a s2!!

We have seen pretty much everything now, so there isn't too much more that is new to us

Exactly Zohra Most shows are just based on reused storylines Although we know there is nothing like the original (i.e. BTVS )

Ringer is really refreshing It will be such a shame if we miss out on a second season

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

I knew you would like that It is very true though. The shows today are just poor imitations
Old 05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Any news yet? Did you say they should announce renewals this week?

Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I read it's on the likely cancelled list. The only negative about the show, is they didn't flesh out the whloe cast of characters, considering they have a solid cast who can act. Only two people got a bulk of the airtime and expansion on their characters.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

I think it is a plot driven show that focused mainly on the sisters. Given that premise i think the other character should be understood as a supporting cast that help the story along. And for that, I think they got plenty of screentime, even their own storylines like Juliet for example.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was talking about Andrew and Bridget. I understand SMG ( Bridget/Siobhan) is the driver of the show so that's understandable, but Andrew had the most development and backstory over Victor and Henry, who are supposed to be the other main characters which was clarified and promoted before the show started.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think we should have gotten news this week. I think somebody mentioned the upfronts are May 13th-ish So not too long to wait now

I agree somewhat that Andrew got a bit more screentime then the other supporting characters, especially in the beginning/middle of the season
And I can understand why Bridget/Siobhan had the most time because the show is based on them

However I would like to have a bit more backstory on Henry, Victor and Malcolm if we get a s2
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I think we got to see a lot of Agent Machado and got to understand some of the reasons for his actions. As for Henry, on the one hand I agree - he didn't get much to do. However, I don't think it would have been necessary for the story. To me it seems that they outlined the story, hired actors and then when they wrote the scripts they realised that they probably do not really need all that much of Henry. It happens. For instance on Tru Calling where they wrote Tru's sister out/turned her into a recurring character after they realised the character didn't add as much as they thought it would. I can't blame them honestly. For me it's more important to keep the story going than to elaborate on characters who do not contribute a lot to the main plot. I think developing Andrew was necessary because Bridget fell in love with him and Siobhan wanted to ruin him, so he was a lot more of a plot device than Henry.