Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex88 (View Post)
I´m not sure I like that Bridget killed two people already...I know that first was self-defence and this was kind of too....but still...I didn´t think that she will kill Bodaway...
Bodaway wanted her dead, so I think her killing him to save herself and Siobhan (who she originally thought was Juliet - which, if you think about it, was pretty sweet of Bridget to do because she thought Juliet was the one in trouble) was the thing to do and the right way to go.

And Bodaway had to die because if they still went with the Bridget running away from Bodaway storyline, it'll get dull. IMO, the writers did a good job of wrapping up this season and made new storylines open up for next season. Bridget and Siobhan are both homeless now and Bridget finally knows Siobhan's alive, it won't be long until they meet face-to-face and Bridget figures everything out.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, it is gonna be really interesting to see the Bridget and Siobhan relationship now Understandably Birdget is gonna be so hurt about Siobhan. But as they are both left with nothing now, I can see the sisters coming together in their hard times
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think Bridget was so brave, she could have run but she loved Andrew and Juliet more and went straight up to face Bodaway, that's why I love Bridget
Icon- Me | http://hannzz.livejournal.com/
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannzz (View Post)
I think Bridget was so brave, she could have run but she loved Andrew and Juliet more and went straight up to face Bodaway, that's why I love Bridget
Exactly. I feel the same way
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still don't have an idea how I feel about Bridget to be quite honest.... but SMG portrays her great.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I am the same with Bridget One moment, I understand her and supportwhat she is doing. And the next I am completely against her and think she is being delusional with her pretend life
She sure brings out a lot of emotions in me

Source
I loved the parallel between these two scenes from the pilot and finale. "You've got the wong girl"
Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Have Eyes For You (View Post)
Yeah, I am the same with Bridget One moment, I understand her and supportwhat she is doing. And the next I am completely against her and think she is being delusional with her pretend life
She sure brings out a lot of emotions in me

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...bup2o1_500.png
Source
I loved the parallel between these two scenes from the pilot and finale. "You've got the wong girl"
Exactly how I feel about her.
I just haven't come around to liking her yet.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

She is a complicated girl

I am still not sure what I feel. I think she is a really interesting character, but I cannot say that I like her lots And I cannot really feel too sorry for her situation atm

The fallout from what she did was inevitable, so I don't feel sorry for her now that Andrew and Juliet know the truth.
It will be interesting to see her try to repair the damage in s2, and this might make me like her more
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Supreme Fan

bodaway was scary man the way he grabbed siobhan around the neck. he was scarier than the guys bridget killed in the first epsiode.

i still love bridget she did the right thing telling andrew and juliet and she took there insults from them . and faced bodaway when she thought that bodaway had juliet. bridget was as much a victim in siobhans game as andrew and henry tyler.

everything was set up by siobhan . she wanted bridget to take her life or she wouldnt have left her id and everything else on the boat with her ring.

i would like to ses the sister come to an understanding thats why i want a season 2.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

^ Hey I haven't seen you in a while

Yeah, Bodaway was pretty scary. I am so happy that he got his compupance in the end. Although I would have loved if Victor had got the opportunity to throw him in jail instead

I agree that Bridget was in the right telling Andrew and Juliet the truth. And I support her for that. I just think it took far too long for her to tell the truth I just makee me bit uneasy how long she was faking to them and how far she took her relationship with Andrew, without him knowing it was the wrong person

I agree that she is also a victim of Siobhan scheming But then again she wouldn't have been in that position, if she had not of decided to take other her sisters life

Yeah, in a season 2 it would be great to see the sisters try to form a connection again
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Graphics Team

Omg I've never been in this thread?! Add me please
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

^ Welcome to the thread now

Added you
Old 07-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

I never thought it would be possible for me to like a story like Ringer. I hated when Faith bodyswapped Buffy and Callisto bodyswapped Xena. I was annoyed by The Parent Trap and all of the other Princess & the Pauper switcheroos where someone pretends to be someone else.

And yet I love Ringer. And I never once blamed Bridget for pretending to be the sister she thought died. I never cringed at the thought of her making love with her twin sister's husband. I ended up shipping her with him and believing that had he not married Siobhan he never would've found his real soulmate in her sister.

I can't imagine the guilt she must have felt when her nephew Sean died. She saw and helped raised him and was an important part of his life. She may have not been his mother but she was a mother-figure and dedicated herself to his well being. She spent hours with him every day. And then he was gone.

It must've been hard enough dealing with that loss. And then losing the friendship and love of her only sibling, the person she shared a womb with and grew beside and loved more than anything in the world.

I don't know how she managed to go on with everything she was dealing with. Her life was in complete shambles and then she believes that she finally has her sister back and things might change and she might be forgiven only to think that Siobhan was at the bottom of the ocean.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

I think Ringer handled the switcheroo really well

Whilst I love the character Bridget, it does sometimes make me a little uneasy to think about Bridget pretending to be Siobhan and lying However I can't hold it against her either

I cannot imagine her guilt either Even though she wasn't responsible, she must have felt enormous guilt.
And she had to grieve for her nephew but also for the lost relationship with her sister They went from being inseperable, to not seeing each other for years

No wonder Bridgets life went downhill and she got lost in her drug use

I have always wondered about the twins parent We never knew much about them
Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Keeping up the lie was a huge violation of trust and since he truly thought she was just Siobhan transformed, it could be considered rape and a defilation of his marriage. I completely get that and infact, on other shows I would be the one that still argues years later about the wrongness of the entire situation and how it disgusts me. And yet she makes me feel such compassion for her, I see such a need in Andrew for her, that it overrides my logical brain and makes me watch with only my emotions.

I hated that Faith-in-Buffy's-body had sex with Riley. I could NEVER forgive Faith and thought of it as raping both Buffy and Riley. I hated on American Horror Story when Tate put on the rubber suit and had sex with Vivien (she thought her husband was under it since it was the middle of the night in their bedroom). In both cases they thought they were sleeping with the person they loved and that is why they consented and tricking them was taking away their ability to really consent. Faith never realized how wrong what she did was and Tate just didn't care.

I would have loved in the series had delved more into those thoughts. There must have been a way to show the reality of the situation that could've added to the complexity of the series instead of leaving a bad taste.

I have to admit I did root for Roman & Jessica in Possession. Infact, I always wondered if SMG ever thought of how similiar the the series was to the show. Except that the beginning motivations were different and in that she was in Andrew's shoes while Lee Pace played the troublesome one that pretends to be his brother and acts as husband to his brother's wife.