Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome To the Once Upon A Time 50,000 Posts Celebration: It's Time To Pull Out the Magical Hats and Party!

Welcome to the ONCE UPON A TIME ...
50K Celebration

By: Sparkleyღ

~ ABOUT THE SHOW ~

Quote:
Once Upon A Time is, at its core, a story about hope. "For us, that’s what a fairytale is. It’s that ability to think your life will get better. It’s why you buy a lottery ticket—because if you win you get to tell your boss that you’re quitting and you get to move to Paris or wherever and be who you always wanted to be. And that’s Cinderella, right? One day she’s sweeping up and the next she’s going to the ball. Adam and I just wanted to write about something hopeful that for one hour a week allows one to put everything aside and have that feeling that your dreams just may come true."

- Edward Kitsis, Co-Creator/Executive Producer
Quote:
We kept circling back to the idea of fairytales. The very first stories that you hear when you're a kid. They're full of magic and heroics and fear and joy. But we also found fairytales are full of all these unanswered questions. Like why is Grumpy grumpy? Why is Geppetto so lonely that he'd actually carve a little boy out of wood? And did the Evil Queen really try to kill Snow White simply because of vanity? With Once Upon A Time, we set out to explore those questions and not re-tell these stories but attempt to dig beneath what we all know and try to discover something new."

- Adam Horowitz, Co-Creator/Executive Producer
Source

TESTIMONIALS

I will begin by stating how amazing it is that the OUAT board has already reached a 50K milestone. The show is a hit success and each new episode leaves me wanting more each week. This board is a wonderful place to come to for all types of discussion, with so many great posters who are willing to share their different thoughts and ideas. I often find it difficult to want to leave, lol.

In addition to such unique storytelling, the show is blessed with a beautiful and talented cast. I enjoy watching all the hard work and effort they put into making this show as great as it is and I look forward to many more successful seasons to come. Congratulations to this new cast for helping to bring to life such interesting epic stories inside of fantasy television and congratulations to our board for loving it enough to make this celebration possible.

~ Grhmlz

Wow, this board is going fast and now we are at 50k I'm so happy to see how well this board is doing it's great cause i love everything about this show. Congradulations on 50,000 posts and here's to 50 more.

~ Sparkleyღ

I’m so excited we are reaching this milestone so quickly and I love this show so much. This board and the show are receiving so much more love lately and it’s so great to see, the show deserves every single bit of it. You guys are such a great bunch of posters and I love our discussions on here. Here’s to this board growing even more and future milestones. The show is amazing and the actors are doing a fantastic job at really bringing these fairy tale characters to life and fleshing them out even more. I’m really excited for the future of this show and seeing where it will all lead with you guys. This board is so amazing and we rock!

~ Jakls

I'm so happy to be a part of the 50k celebration. It's wonderful to see the board flourishing for what I believe is the best show on television. It's rare for a program to be entertaining for both adults and children. Who doesn't love fairy tales and the timeless magic it brings? I love the parallel worlds being shown and look forward to watching the characters on their journey. It has everything I could want. Family, friendships, love, mystery, heartbreak, triumphs, and the battle of good vs evil. Many thanks to the cast and crew for all the hard work and for treating the fans like we're a part of the family. I'm settled in for the wonderful adventure and can't think of a better place to be than here discussing it with others.

~ Jamie Choate

Celebration Icons:

Made By: Sparkleyღ

MORE TESTIMONIALS

This is my first celebration with the board and I'm so honored to be among such great fans! I really enjoy the camaraderie among the the posters. I love all the artwork and fan videos that have come out for this show. It's a really great way to unwind after a hard day at work. I always find something to put a smile on my face whether it be the banter about Snowing babies or who gets what piece of Charming's clothing.

I also love Once Upon a Time. It's the first show in a long time that has captured my imagination and heart. Yes, it's a fantasy show, but the real world situations they find themselves in makes it all the more interesting. I find myself looking forward to the next episode as soon as the current one is done. If everyone believed in true love and the notion of happily ever after as much as Henry did, we all just might smile a little more each day.

Love everyone in here!!!
~ miranstarr

I love the show because I have always loved fairy tales. I've always felt like you never truly out grow them. I love the twist that this show has made on all our favourite stories. It's nice to see an original idea for a show for a change, and not these silly 'reality' shows. The cast is phenomenal: I cant say enough how amazing they are all together. And that truly is what makes the show work: the writers write the lines, but the cast all have such an amazing chemistry together. You could choose some of the biggest names in Hollywood and put them all together in one show, and I guarantee that it would not measure up to this ensemble.

I love this board because that's what it is: a FAN BOARD dedicated to this wonderful show. I can come up here and gush and gush about a show that I love, share my thoughts on what might happen, and have good laughs with fellow fans. Everyone here is just amazing and I am looking forward to all the many more laughs we're going to have

~ Brittmyster

Normally someone would say, "I can't believe we have reached 50,000 posts already!", but I know with this board that's not the case! We aren't called the Goal Makers for nothing! It been so much fun to see how fast we moved to get to this huge goal. This show is wonderful, spectacular, amazing, charming... I really could go on. It really deserves this milestone and all the great fans too. As the old saying goes on these occasions, "Here is to the next milestone!"

~ *OldHollywoodStarlet*

~ CRITIC'S REVIEWS FOR ONCE UPON A TIME ~

The fairy tale drama debuted Sunday to ABC's strongest ratings in the 18-49 demographic in nearly three years of regular programming.

Quote:
Once Upon a Time is both family-friendly and smart enough to win viewers of any age and level of sophistication." ~ San Francisco Chronicle {David Wiegand, Critic}

"Once Upon a Time seemed to have the richer premise and more interesting characters, and having Ms. Goodwin (Big Love) in the cast automatically made it one of the more promising new shows." ~ New York Times {Mike Hale, Critic}

"This series turns out to be the fall TV season’s most charming and elegant surprise." ~ Washington Post {Hank Stueverm, TV Critic}

More Celebration Icons:

Made By: Sara Caffrey

~ FAN ART ~ {A Journey into the ONCE UPON A TIME Imagination ... }
I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel. { ~ Peter Nivio Zarlenga}
Source

Made By: DetectiveSaunders

A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life. { ~ William Arthur Ward}
Source

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-08-2011 at 08:33 PM
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

We made it!

Awesome work Heather!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Scrappy and spunky Storybrooke folks! Step into the cafe for your free party drinks! Hot chocolate and cinnamon, sodas, shakes alike!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

awesome guys! We did it!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe we are already at 50K posts!! WTG, my fellow posters!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Good work, Heather!!!

Yeah great team effort everyone!!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the thread Heather! It looks great!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey I got my second gold star around this celebration!!! Time to whip out the Green Beans for more party time!!

Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's great!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome guys.

To us!

Last edited by GrhmLz; 12-08-2011 at 09:06 PM
Old 12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

congrats
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

50K already?!

This is awesomeeeeee