Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wake Up Call {7.06} - Episode Discussion

Wake Up Call {7.06} Episode Discussion

Once Upon a Time: Friday, November 10th on ABC

DRIZELLA SEEKS MAGIC AND RONI LEARNS AN UNSETTLING TRUTH,
ON ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

“Wake Up Call” – Feeling like a third wheel as Henry and Cinderella’s relationship strengthens, Regina is surprised to find herself needed by Drizella, who is searching for magic. But when a brutal truth is revealed, it could lead Drizella down a dangerous path. In Hyperion Heights, Roni seeks Weaver’s help in finding answers, and Tilly offers Rogers some intriguing advice concerning Eloise Gardener, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, NOV. 10 (8:00–9:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network,.*

“Once Upon a Time” stars Lana Parrilla as Regina/Roni, Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Weaver, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook/Rogers, Andrew J. West as Henry Mills, Gabrielle Anwar as Lady Tremaine/Victoria Belfrey, Dania Ramirez as Cinderella/Jacinda and Alison Fernandez as Lucy.

Guest starring in this episode are Adelaide Kane as Drizella/Ivy, Rose Reynolds as Alice/Tilly and Emma Booth as The Witch.

“Wake Up Call” was written by Jerome Schwartz & Jane Espenson and directed by Sharat Raju.

Facebook: @OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC
Instagram: @onceabcofficial
Hashtag: #OnceUponATime

— ABC —

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 11-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Good Lord! No one has seen this episode yet? You've missed out on something.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Well, I saw it and it was pretty good. I loved Roni/Henry, Regina/Drizella and Regina and Rumple's interactions were good. I have to say, hats off to Kane (Drizella/Ivy)! She killed it last night along with Lana!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I saw it, too! I enjoyed it!

-The Drizella twist was GREAT, i’m just intrigued to know a) what specifically will happen to the people Regina loves if the curse breaks and b) how Drizella specifically cast it...wouldn’t she need the heart of who she loves most?

-Intrigued by the mystery surrounding the lost girl Hook is trying to find.

-Dapper Rumple was looking fine. I liked his scene with Regina and wonder if he’ll reveal he’s awake to Regina and/or what deal he’d like in return.

Great acting from Lana, especially at the end!
Old 11-11-2017, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

I loved it! Great acting by Lana and Adelaide! I can't wait to find out what the consequence is of the curse being broken.

Glad to see some Rumple/Regina and Weaver/Roni scenes. Now that they are both awake, I wonder if Rogers will be soon as well?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

I was not expecting that Drizella was the one who cast the curse. I think most of us on the spoilers board pinned Lady Tremaine at the obvious curse caster. Now that we know that she's not, I'm curious to see how Drizella plans to make her mother suffer. Kudos to Adelaide for playing such a layered and devious character like Drizella. It's so different from her character on Reign. Mary was all good and kind, Drizella is the total opposite of that.

I wonder how long it will be until Weaver figures out that Regina is awake?
Old 11-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

IMO, this was one of the best episodes of the series (especially Lana's performance at the end with Adelaide)

- Drizella casted the curse. Adelaide is doing a wonderful job as the character.

- Lana's performances with Andrew and Robert. The Regina/Henry and Regina/Rumple will
always be my favorite relationships of the show.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a very good episode. Probably my favorite of the season so far.

I am most intrigued about this curse twist and exactly what it was Drizella did just before the curse.

Lana was fantastic with her range of emotion at the end.

Regina|Drizella dynamic is great! The parallel to similar mothers was interesting and Regina became the teacher only for it to backfire on her.

Loved the Regina|Rumple and Regina|Roni & Henry scenes.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

These latests episodes got me thinking where does Lucy come from? I don't see much time happening between the story going on and the "real time" Hyperion Heights", so... is Lucy adopted? who is she really? or what?
Old 11-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Siege (View Post)
These latests episodes got me thinking where does Lucy come from? I don't see much time happening between the story going on and the "real time" Hyperion Heights", so... is Lucy adopted? who is she really? or what?
I agree that part is confusing. I've read 10 years thrown around but 10 years what? 10 years in this new EF? Ten years in HH cursed? I think Lucy was likely born in the EF though because Henry & Jacinda wouldn't have gotten together in HH while cursed to have Lucy.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

so it was drizella who casted the cures,glad we got to see flashbacks

reginas back but the curse

does rogers still remember that he is rumple?

{}
Old 11-12-2017, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arien Siege (View Post)
The flashbacks in EF2 have said “Many Years Ago” with HH as present day.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
The flashbacks in EF2 have said “Many Years Ago” with HH as present day.

Considering that Driezilla was a newbie with magic at the time and that witch helped her "wake up" Regina, chances are she was not the one who created this new and more complicated curse. So many years many years may have passed before the curse was actually cast. And this means audiences will eventually learn how this witch and Driezilla finally managed to cast the curse in the first place. Did it require the "sacrifice" of a loved one? Who knows.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Extreme Fan

This episode was great!

So Drizzy is the curse caster. Love the twist. She seemed to want to target her mother specifically, not the group of "heroes" and it's interesting how obessed she seems to be with causing her mother pain.

Also how more people are "awake" and now this game of dancing around each other begins! Love it!

But dude...Drizzy blocked Regina....I've never seen a dark curse with something bad happening if it's broken before.

The look on Regina face's..... she said something about Henry and Jacinda..... so the curse breaks, something bad will happen to the people Regina cares for.

Drizzy cornered Regina Mills people. And it looks like...Regina may be forced into working for her, at least for a time.

That is Rumple-esque terms of trickery.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

really loving driz/ivy on the show. she is a great villian

love that regina is awake finally. wonder what she will do now that she knows the truth. and what will happen to her love ones if she breaks the curse. hope she can find a way to stop it.