Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tougher Than the Rest {6.11} - Episode Discussion

Tougher Than the Rest {6.11} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, March 5th (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

EMMA TAKES HER DESTINY INTO HER OWN HANDS
WHILE REGINA EXPLORES WHAT ROBIN’S LIFE IS LIKE WITHOUT HER,
ON THE MIDSEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

Sean Maguire as Robin of Locksley and Eion Bailey as Pinocchio/August

“Tougher Than the Rest” — With Snow still asleep in Storybrooke, David and Hook race to stop Gideon before he can confront Emma. Gideon makes a startling confession to Belle and Gold about his whereabouts while he was missing. Meanwhile, Regina struggles with the realization that everyone, perhaps even Robin, is better off in the alternate world where the Evil Queen was defeated. And when Emma inspires a familiar face to help her and Regina return home, she discovers the power to change her fate, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MARCH 5 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EST), on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Sean Maguire as Robin of Locksley, Eion Bailey as Pinocchio/August, Giles Matthey as Gideon, Wil Traval as the Sheriff of Nottingham, Mckenna Grace as Young Emma, Rustin Gresiuk as Young Pinocchio, Nancy Sivak as Helen and Gaalen Engen as Bar Patron.

“Tougher Than the Rest” was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Billy Gierhart.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 03-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Happy Once Day!

Emma's episodes are always my favorite!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 03-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So what did everyone think of the episode?
Old 03-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

it was a lot better than I thought

yes im still UGH about the whole 'Hook is a joke' but I have to say, Colin's acting TOP NOTCH BRILLIANT so it made it a lot enjoyable and quiet funny, you can tell he was having a blast, Jen was having the best day of her life, in the back she was smiling the whole time

the FB was so sad with baby Emma living on the streets in a cold winter her scene with August was great! she changed her life because of him.

the scene with Gideon UGH I was on the edge I was so scared

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually enjoyed wish Hook cause of Colin acting loved Emma fb and the gig. I did enjoy the oq scene too
Old 03-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Master Fan

So I missed the First 10 Minutes because I was out with my Real life sister, I am guessing I missed a lot in those minutes but from what I did see I liked it, Love seeing some old Faves from seasons past.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

I thought it was a decent episode.

I loved the Rumbelle/Gideon parts the best. Loved the scene at the well at the end. I've missed them and didn't even recognize them in the first half of the season so it's nice to have them back.

I thought the Wish Universe was the weakest part and really just unnecessary.

Loved seeing August again. Can we keep him?
Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought the episode was pretty good for a change but you really have to suspend disbelief and Emma should have left that sword behind. My fave moments were Rumbelle and Gideon scenes and the talk at the well. I think Rumbelle, especially Belle got a big wake up call in regards to their son.

Loved August which is weird because usually I can't stand him for trying to hurt Rumple by pretending to be Bae and breaking up Swanfire!

Last edited by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥; 03-09-2017 at 09:14 AM Reason: edited for content
Old 03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey. Emma knew her Tl was back in SB.

Anyway the wish verse is a twisted version of genie magic it's not really what happend if the curse had been cast
Old 03-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

i thought wish hook was great. seeing him with the beer belly and the grey hair was so funny to see.

i normally love august, but for some reason i just wasnt feeling him in this episode.

loved seeing robin again
Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Finally saw the 10 Minutes I missed last night and it left me even more confused, I feel like I missed an ep somewhere or something, Was the one little scene Between August and Emma where they flash backed to where they met the first time we'd seen it? I don't remember getting an explanation of why she chose "Swan" and meeting him but like I said I could have messed an ep or two

That said I did like the ep, I can't wait to see where it all goes from now and How Gideon will be stopped.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

August found her on the streets and she was burning a fairytale book to keep warn and she was about to burn The Ugly Duckling pages and the whole Swan came up.

we all assumed "Swan" came from that family who adopted her and sent her back when she was 3 and kept their last name, even Jen assumed it was that.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Highlight of the episode was seeing Emma return to her true badass self. And also her winning the fight against Hoodeon.

Last edited by scififan2009; 03-07-2017 at 12:50 AM
Old 03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tati_SwanJones (View Post)
August found her on the streets and she was burning a fairytale book to keep warn and she was about to burn The Ugly Duckling pages and the whole Swan came up.

we all assumed "Swan" came from that family who adopted her and sent her back when she was 3 and kept their last name, even Jen assumed it was that.
Thanks!! I remember seeing that Ep but the scene is eluding me for some reason, I am guessing I need to do a Re Watch, Honestly though it kind of makes sense to me.