Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm assuming that response was for above my post, seeing as, I bascially agree whole-heartedly on the analysis regarding Regina and her relationship to her mother?!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ I'm assuming that response was for above my post, seeing as, I bascially agree whole-heartedly on the analysis regarding Regina and her relationship to her mother?!
Yep, hence the "^^" at the start of the posting.

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ yeah, I didn't catch that at first. '^^' would mean two.

Anyways, the previews for next episode make it appear that the rest of the season will be pretty Gold|Bae + Henry|Emma|Charming centric/heavy so ... I guess no background story yet into Henry getting adopted by Regina and then coming to SB anywhere this season. I kind of thought it would fit direction, considering the first half of the season but oh well. I guess that's shifted course.

Oh, and I was a little disappointed that the writers couldn't throw in an Archie reference when Regina went to the Charmings apartment. I know the actor is no longer a regular but since the episode revealed that the Charmings have been in contact with Archie since his rescue (David shares this with Hook regarding how he knew about the ship), and Regina was a patient of his and he seemed invested in her 'change', I think some dialogue could have been added like ... 'Regina, you're back. Archie was worried.' Or something to show his connection still to the plot point that Regina was framed for his murder. Oh, well, more lack of follow-up, I guess I'll have to get used to it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm still hoping for Henry's back story on how he got to SB. I think it would fit in to one of the episodes this season.

I agree with you ladies about Regina. It is sad but true. She really doesn't have anyone else. Unless when Emma comes back she tries to mend what ever it was they were starting. I don't know how receptive Regina will be and I think that Emma may be pretty busy with other story lines.

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperann1978 (View Post)
I'm still hoping for Henry's back story on how he got to SB. I think it would fit in to one of the episodes this season.

I agree with you ladies about Regina. It is sad but true. She really doesn't have anyone else. Unless when Emma comes back she tries to mend what ever it was they were starting. I don't know how receptive Regina will be and I think that Emma may be pretty busy with other story lines.
The unfortunate and unsympathetic argument, and imo, very superficial argument will be 'she did this to herself.' *sighs* Now, while some of that can be true to a certain extent later on in her life, let's be honest, the same thing can apply to Mr. Gold|Rumplestiltskin as well yet we'll hear nothing about Gold deserving to be alone for the rest of his life or deserving to be rejected by Bae forever. And this also doesn't change the fact that Regina was predisposed to loneliness WAY before her EQ reign in FTL and played a HUGE impact on who Regina became. It effected 'how' she learnt to make choices.

As for Emma, I think she'll be too caught up in this Gold|Bae drama to have much to do with Regina and her fall from redemption arc. The minute she hears she's teamed up with Cora, it'll just be about stopping her, not helping her to get away from the bad influence of her mother.

I wish the writers had thought this out more - because they already had alot going on that needed resolving before all this Nae=Bae reveal that is likely coming next Sunday. Now character development and growth, like Regina's which was already opened up in the first half of the second season, appears to be being pushed to the side and suffering in favor of dropping 'OH MY GOD' bombshells (like Bae being revealed as Neal, which, imo, really isn't THAT big to me as I predicted it a long time ago and I don't even read nor need to read the spoilers to figure something like this out) and introducing too many new characters and side plot lines. Not good from where I'm sitting.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-12-2013 at 11:00 AM
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't want Emma to help Regina get away from Cora, i want Regina to do that all by herself. Emma can give some words of encouragement and so can Henry and that might be the boost Regina needs but i don't want Emma playing the savior card again. Love them both but the dynamic must change IMO.

They can start being "whatever they were" (i don't think they are friends are they?) before Cora created havoc but we've done to savior plot, now give our Queen some much needed confidence to walk away from dear mom and choose to continue down the path of redemption.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They can start being "whatever they were" (i don't think they are friends are they?) before Cora created havoc but we've done to savior plot, now give our Queen some much needed confidence to walk away from dear mom and choose to continue down the path of redemption.
Lol, if this isn't the ultimate purpose for the Cora|Regina pairing, then the introduction of the whole redemption arc was pretty pointless this season. *sighs*

Old 02-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Lol, if this isn't the ultimate purpose for the Cora|Regina pairing, then the introduction of the whole redemption arc was pretty pointless this season. *sighs*
I couldn't agree more!

Emma & Hook // Belle & Rumple // Nolan & Emily // Red & Whale // Spike & Buffy // Eric & Sookie // Oliver & Felicity
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
^ yeah, I didn't catch that at first. '^^' would mean two.

Anyways, the previews for next episode make it appear that the rest of the season will be pretty Gold|Bae + Henry|Emma|Charming centric/heavy so ... I guess no background story yet into Henry getting adopted by Regina and then coming to SB anywhere this season. I kind of thought it would fit direction, considering the first half of the season but oh well. I guess that's shifted course.
Interesting comment made me think again about this.
So Emma was not in SB when she gave birth. Who made her give her baby up whilst in prison? How long did she keep Henry then?
If he was born out of SB, then who came in and brought him to Gold?
Some type of connection the person had with Storybrooke since Gold could not go out without loosing his memory and no one could come in. August was the only one to come in before the curse was broke.

The idea that Neal is Bae could come be true, but from knowing about those Lost writers and how each story would lead you to a certain thought and then it would end up not being true. I think this could be happening here. Then again having Gold be Henry's grandfather would open him up to all sorts of emotions. Gold seems to be, deep down, a caring individual, as he was before he became the Dark One. I could see him getting in a major twist trying to protect Henry, trying to extract revenge and trying to be a good example for Henry.

And I've just got to say that the Regina we saw in this episode, well, I just don't think it is Regina. The way she talked slowly and carefully was much more in line with the way Cora handles herself. She is putting actions in motion to take over Storybrooke for herself.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Interesting comment made me think again about this.
So Emma was not in SB when she gave birth. Who made her give her baby up whilst in prison? How long did she keep Henry then?
If he was born out of SB, then who came in and brought him to Gold?
Some type of connection the person had with Storybrooke since Gold could not go out without loosing his memory and no one could come in. August was the only one to come in before the curse was broke.

The idea that Neal is Bae could come be true, but from knowing about those Lost writers and how each story would lead you to a certain thought and then it would end up not being true. I think this could be happening here. Then again having Gold be Henry's grandfather would open him up to all sorts of emotions. Gold seems to be, deep down, a caring individual, as he was before he became the Dark One. I could see him getting in a major twist trying to protect Henry, trying to extract revenge and trying to be a good example for Henry.

And I've just got to say that the Regina we saw in this episode, well, I just don't think it is Regina. The way she talked slowly and carefully was much more in line with the way Cora handles herself. She is putting actions in motion to take over Storybrooke for herself.
The writers on the Blue Ray DVD actually said that people could leave SB before the curse was broken, but that bad things would happen. Gold didn't have his FTL memories at the time Henry was brought to SB, so he wouldn't have any memories to lose. They used the conversation about Red going to Boston, but then Grams had a heart attack, which was because of the curse and it kept Red in SB. But I think that Pinocchio or someone like him brought Henry to SB. Didn't Regina say that she changed his diapers since he was 2 or 3 weeks old?

I'm pretty sure it was Regina in this episode, because of what they said on the Official Podcast about the episode. She is just really similar to her mom when she is being evil. I think they have a lot of the same traits.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl
the writer said that it is Regina in this eps 13 'tiny'.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperann1978 (View Post)
The writers on the Blue Ray DVD actually said that people could leave SB before the curse was broken, but that bad things would happen. Gold didn't have his FTL memories at the time Henry was brought to SB, so he wouldn't have any memories to lose. They used the conversation about Red going to Boston, but then Grams had a heart attack, which was because of the curse and it kept Red in SB. But I think that Pinocchio or someone like him brought Henry to SB. Didn't Regina say that she changed his diapers since he was 2 or 3 weeks old?

I'm pretty sure it was Regina in this episode, because of what they said on the Official Podcast about the episode. She is just really similar to her mom when she is being evil. I think they have a lot of the same traits.
I was under the impression that Gold did know who he was through out the SB time. Gold and Regina retained their memory of their former selves unless a pod cast said otherwise.

I did not know podcasts were happening.
Darn, now I feel at a disadvantage to discuss episodes since I do not watch them.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I was under the impression that Gold did know who he was through out the SB time. Gold and Regina retained their memory of their former selves unless a pod cast said otherwise.

I did not know podcasts were happening.
Darn, now I feel at a disadvantage to discuss episodes since I do not watch them.
Gold only gained his memories back in the pilot when Emma said her name and it's why Rumple needed to know it so bad in FTL. Yeah it's mentioned in podcast but also on the commentaries of dvd and interviews. You can still catch up on podcast they are all on itunes for free.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Why did Emma take Henry with her and Rumpelstiltskin to New York? It wasn't really necessary. And Henry was still in school. Regardless of legal guardianship, what was the purpose of allowing Henry to skip school so that he could accompany Emma on a trip to New York that as far as anyone knew, had nothing to do with him?

Quote:

No one made Emma give up Henry. She made the decision on her own. And she gave him up soon after Henry's birth.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Emma wanted him save with Cora in town running around. Plus she didn't know neal was Bae. She probably thought rumple and his son would do their thing and she and Henry would chill in the big apple

Well regina was able to go to Boston even with the curse so the bad things happen didn't apply to the castor lol.