Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was great... my only real complaint is that... NEEDED MOAR MALEFICENT!!!!!! I hope Kristin comes back with that role... she was... perfect.

I loved everything, including the back story of the Evil Queen. I like how they gave us a 'soft' side of her, too... and I love seeing more of her deal with Rumplestiltskin, and the eventual encounter they had in the modern world.

Most of all, I loved the Emma/Mary scenes. Everytime I saw them together on screen, I was like "mummy~~~" XD
Old 10-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED the episode! Will post more of my thoughts tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

I seriously missed Prince Charming/John Doe. The episode needed more of him!

Other than that I loved the mother daughter moments in this episode and Rumpelstiltskin, Mr. Gold is deliciously creepy…

And of course Snow/Mary's house in OUAT is so gorgeous

Old 10-31-2011, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like you all I loved this episode....I need to get caught up on this thread as there is so much good stuff being discussed.

Let me just say that Emma Swan can hold her own against Regina. Cutting down the apple tree.......hell yeah!

The evil queen will not let anyone, I mean anyone stand in her way of releasing the dark curse. Even her father was expendable.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Addicted Fan

loved this episode
A little disappointed by the effects ! The special effects were cheesy in the first scene between Malificient and the Evil Queen.

loved the scenes between Emma/Henry, Emma/Mary, Emma/Regina, Emma/Graham and Regina/Mr Gold

oh I ship Emma/Graham
so excited for the next epsiode !!

Icon by fairestcharming
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

I have to mention the scene where the Queen turns the goblin/gnome to stone and then it shifts to show the statue standing in Regina's garden it was brilliant

Name: Call me Ash, everyone does
Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Loved this episode!!! Really am enjoying the Evil Queen vs Emma in this one. Love how they are both just egging each other onwards.

The mother/son bonding was so nice and it's interesting now we know where the name Henry came from!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Total Fan

Did anybody notice the parallels between the scene of the Evil Queen with her dad and then in the next one they had a simmilar one between Mary Margaret and Emma?

Both women were adviced by their parents to do the right thing but only Emma did it while the Evil Queen let her selfishness get the best of her. That's why one is our hero and the other is our villain.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

Brilliant, brilliant 2nd episode.

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

The episode was flat out awesome!

A to the writers (the Regina and Mr. Gold scene: FANTASTIC!!) and a to Emma, especially for the cutting down the tree part Big to the Evil Queen...

My theory remains that no one in Storybrooke remembers anything from fairy tale land. There just seem to be parallels because the person has remained, but not the memories, so some mannerisms and characteristics are still present. So it's cool to see that kind of crossover, for instance with Regina and Mr. Gold, and with Mary feeling a connection with Emma. I'm looking forward to being proven right or wrong, either way I am absolutely loving it.

Quote:
I knew I'd like it but not that it was going to be my favorite after several seasons of being out of interest with tv.
Totally agree! Ever since the first season of Heroes, TV dramas not named Dexter have been way far off my interest, but this one is definitely worthy of my viewing.

"Sucker Punch" is the love of my life and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is the reason I live
Old 10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! I'm getting my review up really earlier compared to last time.

Evil Queen/Regina - I felt a little bad for her until she did all those things she did tonight. At first I thought she was going to kill Maleficent because they were old friends and she was the Evil Queen only friend, but when she had that scene with that older man (when she killed him) I knew it was going to be him. What was shocking was learning it was her father! She truly doesn't know what happiness really is. All her choices are on her and not Snow White. Those choices led her to where she is. How creepy is that she named Henry after her father? Like he could fill the void he left behind? It's not going to happen. Henry can see right through it. The schemes she was doing to get Emma out if town...like Emma said it only makes her want to stay more because she knows she is right about the situation with Henry. Also I think Regina knows something for sure! Maybe even kept her memories. She now knows who Emma is! The scenes with Maleficent where deliciously fun! Though I admit the CGI wasn't the best in that scene it didn't take me out of it.

Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold - He is deliciously creepy as ever! The whole curse being from him! Though it might not have been made by him which begs the question who did? Anyway back to him. The last scene with Regina was AWESOME! I love how they are playing the do they know or not card, but I think that last scene put points in the section that they do. The whole please part was good and creepy.

Jiminy/Archie - I was pretty shocked that he did what he did for Regina! I was disappointed about that. I don't hate him though. Regina is pretty freaky and I do wonder what she has over him. I'm glad he apologized to Emma and I hope he doesn't tell Regina about the talk between Emma and Henry.

Sheriff Graham - We got quiet a bit more with the Sheriff! (I'm going to write about his scenes with Emma a bit later). I'm so glad he stood up to Regina that he was rational and calm about it. It reminds me a bit of Prince Charming actually. He also has some dry whit. I really like his character so far.

Sheriff/Emma - I love their banter! The coco scene. Poor Emma. Also the jail scene too. She hit a nerve when she asked if the police was under Regina's thumb. I think that might be partly why he stood up to Regina. These two have nice chemistry. I could see myself loving them. Being another ship on the show!

Emma/Henry - We got some good scenes with Henry. The apple scene! You go Henry! Also how cute that he bought he coco. The cinnamon running theme is great! I understand it's going to take Emma a while for her to believe in him which I'm okay with. I mean it's a lot to take it and until she sees really proof... That last scene I think it might have been a lie at first to help Henry, but I also think it might have eventually comes from a place of truth too. You can tell that she thinks that there is more to this than what meets the eye. Some think it's going to bite her in the behind right when she starts to believe. Maybe or maybe not I just hope it's just a bump on the road to their relationship. I can see Regina using that for all it's worth, but I hope Henry doesn't go there even if he might be hurt.

Emma/Mary - There scenes were so great. I know some wanted a bigger reaction from Emma when she heard Mary say that Henry thinks she's Snow White therefore her mother but she still doesn't believe any of the things he has been telling her. I think part of her might have that "that kind of make sense", but she is burying that really deep. I mean the look on her face was a mix of disbelief, shock, and realization. I love that Mary said that she feels like she has meet Emma before and that she feels she can trust her. That she got her out of jail. The scene at the apartment was so beautiful and great. Such a mother/daughter kind vibe to that scene.

Emma - I had to add this bit. She was so badass when she cut down part of Regina's tree! Yeah I know some thought that was stupid, but come on Regina was going to find another way to frame her. She was fighting back! That scene was pure AWESOME!

Some other things - Regina seems to also have the town under her thumb. She controls the paper.
Also did anyone else notice that the opening credit are different. There was different figure in the woods. A Unicorn. I wonder if they will do that each week. Have something in the woods opening that has to do with each episode. In the promo they showed the opening credit scene with two people on horse back. Prince Charming and Show White maybe?

I understand there wasn't anytime to have them in the episode and needed to tell this story, but it didn't stop me from missing Prince Charming/Snow White. Next week's episode looks AMAZING!! I can't wait to see it!

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 10-31-2011 at 12:09 PM
Old 10-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

I loved this Episode
Not a huge Fan of Regina/Evil Queen But I did like that they gave us a back story I can't believe she killed her own father though and naming Henry after him for some reason that was just predictable for me but still I can't believe she'd do that it is a bit creepy
I Had a Hunch that Rumpie/Mr Gold Had something to do with Henry's adoption But the question remains how did he do it since No one can leave the town and how did he find Emma?
Loved the War between Regina and Emma ,the cutting down her Apple Tree was the Best part.
totally thinking "Sydney" Is supposed to be Magic Mirror but that scene amused me as well.
I'm starting to totally ship Emma and Sheriff Graham But My question is who was he in the Fairy Tale land?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sheriff/Emma - I love their banter! The coco scene. Poor Emma. Also the jail scene too. She hit a nerve when she asked if the police was under Regina's thumb. I think that might be partly why he stood up to Regina. These two have nice chemistry. I could see myself loving them. Being another ship on the show!
XD I love his horrible jokes. Oh my gosh XD they're so adraoble, and yes, they have very good chemistry.

Quote:
Emma/Mary - There scenes were so great. I know some wanted a bigger reaction from Emma when she heard Mary say that Henry thinks she's Snow White therefore her mother but she still doesn't believe any of the things he has been telling her. I think part of her might have that "that kind of make sense", but she is burying that really deep. I mean the look on her face was a mix of disbelief, shock, and realization. I love that Mary said that she feels like she has meet Emma before and that she feels she can trust her. That she got her out of jail. The scene at the apartment was so beautiful and great. Such a mother/daughter kind vibe to that scene.
I think her reaction is great, like... she doesn't want to believe it, yet she's grown up without parents, and she knows what happens in the book and I'm sure a small part of her wants to believe that her parents didn't abandon her on the side of the road... so I loved her reaction, nothing too big, but it planted a seed.

And yeah, the scene in the apartment was so perfect, I could cry. It's like a daughter going to her mom for advice. Her mom even made her some cookies and warm cocoa.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Totally agree with everything said in *OldHollywoodStarlet* post

I'm really glad they focused on Regina/Evil Queen this episode. I know some people wanted more about Snow and the Prince but I'm glad they gave us more on curse, since that is what drives this whole story

Oh and thought all the Sheriff/Emma scene's were cute, love those too

Name: Call me Ash, everyone does
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

just was re watching the episode..

in the scene with the hot chocolate, between emma and mary/swan

emma has a flower tatoo on her wrist, teh flower reminds me of the flowers that snow had in her hair..

am i reaching too far? or is that intentional?