Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Honestly, I don't think it was clear.

There was a synopsis for last week that leaked early that said Regina "steals" Belle's heart.

I know she went and Belle asked what she could do but not real sure why she would have allowed Regina to take her heart. Why? Belle doesn't really believe Rumple loves her so why would she think her life being threatened would mean anything to him over his power?

I don't think, even as mad as she is, Belle would say such hurtful things to Rumple.

Plus why would Regina then wipe her memory of it?

I guess it could turn out later that Belle allowed her to do it but not sure what it matters other than making Regina not look bad. It's not like Rumple can get mad at her after all the deceiving he's done to Belle.
I can't imagine Belle letting Regina rip out her heart and hold onto it, especially for the reasons we saw in the episode. Regina can manipulate Belle in all sorts of ways, like telling her to forget her meeting with her husband. If Belle had agreed to this and the show was going with the wimpy option that this meeting was "too painful" for Belle to remember, Regina would have at least asked her consent before making her forget.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am waiting for AE to clear this up if belle was in on it or not
Old 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I am waiting for AE to clear this up if belle was in on it or not
I honestly don't know that they will.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
It was in the vision Gold showed her. Lily's adoptive father said they wanted to name her Lily.
I thought that was for the audience's benefit. Didn't realize that was a part of Mal was witnessing.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
Belle's heart is so beautiful and shiny.

RIP Cruella. I'll miss this freaky sociopath. Her happy ending wish would be to have her freedom to murder restored. Too warped and funny. I love her.
Adam and Eddy said something interesting in an interview earlier this season about happy endings. They're subjective.

Quote:
HOROWITZ: Happy ending doesn’t necessarily equal redemption, because happy endings are in the eye of the beholder.
KITSIS: Yeah, it’s what makes you happy. For instance, if watching two beloved heroes die makes you happy, well then your happy ending is probably different than the two heroes who want to see the villain die.
Exclusive: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses tease the Queens of Darkness | EW.com

Happy endings means what makes you happy personally. For most of our heroes, their happy ending means being with the person that they love and makes them happy. But happy endings mean something different to the villains.

We're probably going to see the same with Rumple, whom is still searching for what makes him happy because -- even though the answer to us is, is so simple.

And Adam and Eddy's quote above, is especially relevant for what Emma is going through now.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Happy endings means what makes you happy personally. For most of our heroes, their happy ending means being with the person that they love and makes them happy. But happy endings mean something different to the villains.

Which villains are you talking about?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I think they were talking about Rumple specifically, but it also apply to Cruella too in this case.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Tonight's eppy just made no sense to me. First, Regina blackmailing Gold. Really!?! Why didn't he just pull out his phone and say, "Do it and Robin's dead." Second, Henry has been in mortal danger before and Emma hasn't had to resort to killing. She could have stalled for time. It just seemed out of character for her to kill someone right in front of her son. I really disliked the entire CD back story. I will miss the character.
I don't think Rumple would take the chance with Belle's heart in Regina's hands. But I agree that Emma's choice was a bit senseless, since she has "retrieved" Henry many times before without killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So once again Rumple has a problem and everyone else has to suffer because of it.
To be fair, if he looses his humanity it becomes kind of a general problem. There would be nothing to hold him back to literally kill everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Mirror (View Post)
However, I still disagree with the writers' implication that killing for self-defense or defending another innocent person from being killed is "dark". Letting the innocent be killed is "dark". This doesn't make Emma dark any more than Snow for killing Cora.
I don't think that was the point. The dark comes from deciding to kill when there are other options available. She took the easy one in a sense

Quote:
I know she went and Belle asked what she could do but not real sure why she would have allowed Regina to take her heart. Why? Belle doesn't really believe Rumple loves her so why would she think her life being threatened would mean anything to him over his power?

I don't think, even as mad as she is, Belle would say such hurtful things to Rumple.

Plus why would Regina then wipe her memory of it?

I guess it could turn out later that Belle allowed her to do it but not sure what it matters other than making Regina not look bad. It's not like Rumple can get mad at her after all the deceiving he's done to Belle.
I agree with everything. This part was such a mess. And even if Belle said "yes take my heart" I doubt she agreed to have her memories wiped out. Especially since, for once, Rumple told her the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhRightTheConscienceThing (View Post)
Belle's heart is so beautiful and shiny.
My baby

RoseBennett
Old 04-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)

What a terrible way to be a mother.
If someone had a gun to my child and had intent of harming them, I wouldn't think twice about killing them. Protecting your child in anyway is not a terrible way to be a mother.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Matt Mitovich confirmed that Regina had Belle's consent.

Matt Webb Mitovich says:
April 19, 2015 at 6:50 PM
No, she had Belle’s consent. (The things you miss by “not watching.”)
Old 04-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastya (View Post)
If someone had a gun to my child and had intent of harming them, I wouldn't think twice about killing them. Protecting your child in anyway is not a terrible way to be a mother.
If there were other ways to save one's child, there is. Zelena was in the act of killing Henry, when Emma saved him. She didn't kill Zelena.

When did Regina wipe away Belle's memories in this episode?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Matt Mitovich confirmed that Regina had Belle's consent.

Matt Webb Mitovich says:
April 19, 2015 at 6:50 PM
No, she had Belle’s consent. (The things you miss by “not watching.”)
People actually kind of called him out on that in his article and reminded him that all we saw was Belle asking what she could do. He's assuming she had consent, imo.

Quote:
When did Regina wipe away Belle's memories in this episode?
Right after she revealed herself in the woods. She told Belle, or rather her heart, lol, that she would remember nothing of this and then she sent Belle away. That's why it's very confusing because it's really strange if she had her consent why she would wipe her memory of it.

It's possible she had consent to take her heart, although again, why would Belle feel that was necessary, but then used Belle to hurt Rumple, without her consent.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
If there were other ways to save one's child, there is. Zelena was in the act of killing Henry, when Emma saved him. She didn't kill Zelena.
Emma had other options yes, but in that moment she obviously let her emotions make the decision for her. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, but I understand it and agree with it.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's possible she had consent to take her heart, although again, why would Belle feel that was necessary, but then used Belle to hurt Rumple, without her consent.
Exactly my opinion. I think Regina decided to make her forget after she saw her being close to forgive Rumple/At least be a bit by his side.

But I do think Regina has Belle's permition to take her heart. Or at least I hope so.

RoseBennett
Old 04-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
To be fair, if he looses his humanity it becomes kind of a general problem. There would be nothing to hold him back to literally kill everybody.
There wouldn't have been a problem if he'd just stayed gone. What gives him the right to sacrifice others just so he can save himself?