Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

Sydney/The Mirror/Giancarlo Esposito: Cause we don't really know what he's got up his sleeve

After last night's episode, I thought we'd start to discuss Sydney, whose Regina's lachey. We know he's her mirror on the wall and until last night, the town editor of the paper called The Mirror. Until last night, I always thought of him as a complete wimp. The way he was so tidy, mild-mannered and willing to please Regina. He just seemed too neat to really be taken seriously. I thought that if he became the sheriff next, he would not be able to do the job right because of this wimpiness. Last night, we saw a different side of him and he seemed like a completely different person. We saw that when he was a genie in FTL before he trapped himself in the mirror, that he was a tough and competent person that could handle himself and do what was necessary. He killed Snow's father, the king, and thought he could love Regina; but she didn't want him. He pulled off a really good sharade with Emma, so there's no telling what he can do next. He can even possibly turn on Regina in the future.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

I was surprised by Sidney in this episode too. Any Sidney fans out there?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

I keep hoping that Sidney is playing Regina. That he and Emma came up with that plan but I don't know...

-Hannah
Old 02-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hard to tell if there is a double 'double' cross going on here. For now, I think he was planted near Emma by Regina. But at the same time, you'd think maybe he'd start to feel something was off, that he'd want to break ties from her, given their past in FTL - even though he can't remember. But, then again, it seems like his 'love' for the EQ almost bordered on obsessive to the point where in the end, if he was always with her, it didn't bother him that he became stuck in the mirror.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I agree Heather.

I mean he freaked out at first, but he seem to get over after time.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Hard to tell if there is a double 'double' cross going on here. For now, I think he was planted near Emma by Regina. But at the same time, you'd think maybe he'd start to feel something was off, that he'd want to break ties from her, given their past in FTL - even though he can't remember. But, then again, it seems like his 'love' for the EQ almost bordered on obsessive to the point where in the end, if he was always with her, it didn't bother him that he became stuck in the mirror.
Yeah, I don't think so either but I just want someone to get the best of her. LOL But I don't actually expect it. I think it's like with David... he feels something is off and then when he starts to act on that weirdness by branching out(helping Emma), the curse comes back and he's back where he was before, in Regina's back pocket. Just drives me nuts.

-Hannah
Old 02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ You'd think someone would be bound to double-cross her at some point. Sidney did seem like the perfect choice for it, though.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

***FLASH

GIANCARLO ESPOSITO JOINS NEW JJ ABRAMS SHOW ''REVOLUTION''

Breaking Bad’s Giancarlo Esposito Joins Abrams & Kripke’s Revolution Spinoff Online – TV, Film and Entertainment News Daily

Congratulations Giancarlo!

But I will miss you
Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I just heard about this; but I think he can fit in both shows into his schedule
Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, thanks for the news. Yeah, it's possible he can still recur on OUAT, though, Sidney isn't a main/regular character.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new Suite.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Hm, thanks for the news. Yeah, it's possible he can still recur on OUAT, though, Sidney isn't a main/regular character.
Unfortunately it is very difficult for him to return as a recurring in OUAT. It's an unwritten rule that whoever is a series regular on the show is only on that show, otherwise all actors could be all the shows and it would be chaos and economics damage for the show where you are regular, so the regulars actors signed an exclusive with a only one show for this. May he can return an episode next year if they do not have time to finish his storyline this year, but that's it.
But the fact that they are two different channels (ABC and NBC) is actually a help, a couple of years ago I read an article very well documented that the real competition is within the same network, because their survival depends how many spectators do your show have respect to others show in your same network, so it's best to lose as the evening against the other channels but it is the second most watched show in your network, and not you win but to be the fifth most watched show in your network. What matters are the ratings in the range 18-49 business because advertisers pay for them, under 2.0 ratings of the big networks (NBC, CBS, FOX etc) you are cancelled, at 3 or 3.5, you are a success, over 4.0 you are a phenomenon, but it is better to make 2.8 in a network where other shows are on average 2.7 do 3.0 on a network where others are all above 4.5 because your survival depends on comparison with the ratings mean in your network since each network cencelled it show having less viewers than the other which itmself produces.
So if it was an ABC show was much more problematic, because as it is drama against drama so creators do not do certain favors each others. Then obviously has what it costs to produce it than revenues, because there are more expensive show and show less costly. On average, today each episode of a drama costs 4 million to 5 million and net lasts 42 minutes, the sit-com last and often cost half, but on average, highest ratings in the strip mall, this is because on average they last several years. Then there's the money coming foreign but the U.S. sell the shows at different prices depending on the cost of living in each country, then sell at high price to France, but to a much lower price to Lithuania, this is a smart choice, otherwise the industry may not distribute its products in more countries. And entertainment is the second entry in economy in the U.S. and has repercussions in spreading the prestige, power and values ​​of the country, the so-called ''soft power'' so it's strategic for the country.

But in the end the same network or not, little change, in fact, there are regular and guest star contract exsist for this, when the creators believe that your character is fundamental and can not make you lose the contract to be regular and then you are obligated to stay with them, can not do other jobs except special occasions and express authorization etc and the guest star or recurring characters are reserved for temporary or unnecessary charaters in the long term for the creators and therefore can be lost and can go wherever they want. The actors do not choose almost never what to do, this is a tough business, you're lucky to have a job, so the actors take all the roles he gets offered. There have been exceptions in the past, but have targeted actors who were on a show for years, or whose contracts explicitly this mobility, or for special situations (for example Lisa Kudrow) but there are very rare exceptions.
So, this is probably the last year that we will see Giancarlo on OUAT.

Last edited by suite; 03-01-2012 at 05:16 AM
Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

On a rewatch at the moment, I do hope we see Sydney again in S2..,
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be nice to, yes. In the meantime, I do get to watch the actor in Revolution.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

The character in Revolution is little scary I don't want to meet him there

But I hope we will see him again in OUAT

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream