Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Strike Rules - Please read and respond

SHIPPER THREADS | CHARACTER THREADS | GENERAL THREADS -- STRIKES

Tension between the fan groups here at the Once Upon A Time Board are quite high. As a result rules have been broken. In an effort to curb "fan wars" the board will use a "3-Strike Rule."

The rule is pretty easy to understand. Each shipper thread, character thread, or general thread will be given a strike when a rule on the board is broken. Once the second strike has been issued, the moderators will consult with the Moderator Managers about a possible temporary thread closure. If a third strike occurs, the thread may be closed for 24 hours. All strikes expire 6 months after they've been issued.

We understand that this may appear to be harsh but it has gotten to the point where a simple slap on the hand will not do the trick. Everyone should be respected on the board.

Some of the strikes we will be looking for are the following:
  • Bashing of fans groups and shipper threads (title, conversation, etc.)
  • Bashing and making fun of any couple. Constructive criticism and comparisons are fine, but it will be our discretion as to whether or not it crosses the line.
  • Bashing either fanbase or taking posts from their thread is not allowed.
  • Lurking in the other threads is strongly discouraged and members should leave it up to the moderators of that thread to control them (but by all means, if you see a rule being broken, report it)
  • Making fun of titles, or using titles that take jabs at the other fanbase is not allowed.

Threads With Strikes

Belle/Rumpelstiltskin - 1 (Issued December 20 | Expires June 20)
(Issued: March 8 | 2 strike expires July 8)
Belle/Emilie - 1 (Issued December 20 | Expires June 20)
Hook/Emma (Issued: January 4 | 1 strike expires July 4 2013)

Also we have noticed a lot of spoilers being posted on this board, just to remind you this is the official rule about spoilers. This includes no spoilers inside of spoiler tags. Spoiler tags are to be used sparingly/lightly for anyone who may wish to be cautious regarding such things like promo or speculation discussions.

Quote:
No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.

Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.

Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.
Your Moderators

Jakls, *OldHollywoodStarlet*, GrhmLz

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 03-08-2013 at 11:09 PM
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I had no idea shipping wars had gotten this out of hand. Thanks for notifying us, mods.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Graphics Team

Wow how did it get like this? Idk what's going on with this kinda thing. I agree that we should all get along ... or atleast try to.
Thanks for letting us know.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
New Fan

It has really gotten this out of hand? Seriously, who died and made OUAT out to be like Twilight.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Supreme Fan

I joined the OUAT fandom because I thought it was warm and welcoming. I just recently abandoned another fandom because of all the nastiness. Come on guys, don't ruin a good thing. The show hasn't even finished its first seaon and we're already poisoning the fandom. We're all family here, so let's try to respect each other.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Wow.... Ignorance is bliss..... I had no idea any of that was going down! If I said or posted anything like that.... SORRY!! Won;t happen again
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Absolute Fan

I like these rules. Sad that people haven't been following them. I love this fandom so far, hope everyone stays civil!

I haven't seen any of this going on in the threads I post in, so glad for that.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Old 04-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for notifying us. I haven't notice so much of it and I didn't think it was so out of hand...

Hope we all can get along...

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 04-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I had no idea about shipping wars
My English is not very good, but I hope to enforce the rules.
Thanks for notifying us, mods...
Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for this. Yeah guys lets respect each other and try to get along.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebird (View Post)
I had no idea about shipping wars
me neither but I don't read all the threads

Icon by fairestcharming
Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Loyal Fan

So it has really gotten out of hand?I thought the "shipper wars" were only going on at tumblr (to that extent). It's really sad to see that some people don't know the word respect and that every ship has it's meaning. Still I think that it would maybe make more sense if you post a short notice in said threads too - not only here. Cause people, who act disrespectful in general, tend to ignore important notice like this (like "Surely they are not referring to me"). It's really shameful and sad, that shipper wars have started in the first place - doesn't let our ONCE fandom shine in the light it deserves.

On a sidenote: Thanks mod dearies - you are really great in the way you handle things. We couldn't wish for better ones!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

I didn't realize that any of this was happening here. Everything appears to me as being civil conversation and I have not seen anyone insult or launch a personal attack on anyone. It has all been normal and decent conversation up to this point for me. If this has been going on without my realizing it, I'm glad it was caught
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know how bad this board got with fighting over things. But, the rules are pretty fair so I agree that the board should be fun and lighthearted it's not hard to share your opinion but when it gets this bad people should know what happens.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga