Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
^ Adam and Eddy made it clear in that interview they did recently with EW.Com that not every new character they introduce is going to get an episode dedicated to exploring his/her backstory. Sometimes they'll be introducing familiar characters simply as 'one-offs' to help enrich the world they've created for the series. They've already done so with Lancelot, Robin Hood, and the Sheriff of Nottingham (Kyle), and I could very easily see them doing the same with Ariel and one or more of her sisters.
I hope so. And I actually loved the Little Mermaid but I think you could go too far with giving people screen time. I would like them to spend a little more time on the contract regulars. I enjoy seeing different fairytale characters but I don't need to see every single one, if that makes sense.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Absolute Fan

The plus side to introducing familiar characters as 'one-offs' is that you then have the option of later going back and exploring them in depth should the story warrant it.

BTW, here's the number of characters they've actually used in a recurrent capacity:
* Leroy/Grumpy and the rest of the Dwarves (that's 7)
* Granny (8)
* Whale/Frankenstein (9)
* King George (10)
* Moe/Maurice (11)
* The Blue Fairy/Mother Superior (12)
* Anton/Tiny (13)
* Jefferson/Hatter (14)
* Sydney/The Magic Mirror (15)
* Cora/QoH (16)

When you've got a main cast of characters that's fluctuated between 9 and 10 strong (even if not all of said characters have been used every single week), 16 primary recurring FAIRYTALE characters over the course of 2 seasons isn't actually that large of a supporting cast.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Am I the only one who doesn't care about Ariel or other mermaids? I think they've got a big enough cast as it is, LOL. I don't need to see episodes devoted to Ariel's backstory.

Anyway, I thought it was a good episode. Cliffhanger. My Rumbelle separated, sad but compelling. Everyone thinking Neal is dead. Hook doing the right thing for once.

I enjoyed Hook very much in this episode. They're finally fleshing him out a bit.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Ann Potter (View Post)
the indians?
I'd been thinking for a while that the native gentlemen in the SB mental hospital could be the Chief of the Neverland tribe and he got to SB when the curse broke. If Hook had seen him in SB, we could've got our answer, but I still think this is a possibility. Also, if he is that Chief, he might know other ways to possibly open the portals without the beans.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I think he's adorable, which is funny considering Belle and Gold are my favorites and all that Hook has done to them. I just like him. Can't help it,LOL.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
I'd been thinking for a while that the native gentlemen in the SB mental hospital could be the Chief of the Neverland tribe and he got to SB when the curse broke. If Hook had seen him in SB, we could've got our answer, but I still think this is a possibility. Also, if he is that Chief, he might know other ways to possibly open the portals without the beans.
This is some of the reasons that this show is so fun. Even if it doesn't happen like you've suggested, BWRN30, it is still a neat and great idea.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this episode despite the moronic villainy of Greg and Tamara. I loved Hook pulling a Han Solo and coming back in honor of Bae and Emma. I loved his scenes with young Bae in spite of the end. He would have really ended his revenge if Bae had stayed. Of course Emma saying they understand each other my Cs heart.
I loved Regina trying to redeem herself and being self aware for the first time that season.
I liked everyone on the boat the only thing I didn't like was the swing scene

Last edited by fox24; 01-11-2016 at 07:45 PM
Old 01-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 2x22 | “And Straight On ‘til Morning” | #44
Written by: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz
Directed by: Dean White
The inhabitants of Storybrooke brace themselves for the end when Greg and Tamara detonate the trigger Regina had placed within the curse, with the annihilation of the town and its residents imminent; and Mr. Gold mourns the loss of his son, Bae/Neal. Meanwhile, back in Neverland of the past, Hook discovers his connection to a young Bae after he rescues him from the sea and soon realizes that the Lost Boys are in hot pursuit of the boy.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love this episode! So many great moments!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Now, also, we can definitely say the story Killian told Bae about his father abandoning him is true.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I love this episode despite the moronic villainy of Greg and Tamara. I loved Hook pulling a Han Solo and coming back in honor of Bae and Emma. I loved his scenes with young Bae in spite of the end. He would have really ended his revenge if Bae had stayed. Of course Emma saying they understand each other my Cs heart.
I loved Regina trying to redeem herself and being self aware for the first time that season.
I liked everyone on the boat the only thing I didn't like was the swing scene
This is my opinion still the same.
Yep Killain story was true
Old 05-25-2016, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| → Season 2 Episode 22 ‘And Straight On ‘til Morning’
+++
Old 10-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Hello again! This is gonna be my little rushed summary and thoughts of S2 'cause there's so much to say and it's late so I might not make a whole lot of sense and I may ramble a bit but here we go.......

Well, I've just finished watching S2! I LOVED this season. Despite it's unravelling storylines feeling a little rushed at times, not to mention getting pretty complicated I actually managed to follow it for the most part. I loved the introduction of more characters like Hook, Mulan and seeing where Bealfire ended up. I wasn't too sure of Neal being Baelfire at first and Henry being Rumple/Mr. Gold's grandson, but I think with how it's all turned out it's pretty neat, if a little complex.

I liked how everyone in Storybrooke kept their cursed personas and lives whilst also being their 'fairytale' counterparts at the same time. I liked seeing how Emma reacted to seeing magic and finally getting to know her parents. I didn't like seeing Mary Margaret/Snow getting a dark heart when she got Regina return her mother's heart to her so she killed her. Yes, Cora needed to be stopped, but Regina could have actually had a mother who truly loves her daughter. I hated that whole saga, and Mary's immediate regret at what she had done, and then goes to see Regina to say giver her a chance to kill her. That was a bad move, Regina was obviously wasn't going to do that because she knew that her pure heart was turning dark and that was the worst possible punishment. I'm just glad Mary stopped her heart getting any darker before it was too late. Thank god for her Charming.

The only other thing I didn't like was Belle losing her memory, and Regina planting a false memory on her turning her into Lacey. I'm SO glad Mr. Gold used that potion to return her to Belle in this finale. Other than that, I loved this season! I loved all the FTL scenes, they're actually some of my fave moments. Oh, and August/Pinocchio! So glad they didn't actually kill him off, though I'm still not sure about him being turned back into little boy Pinocchio with no memories of being August. I get why they did that, 'cause I guess he deserved a chance to have a proper childhood with his father Gepetto, but his journey into adulthood and who he eventually became an adult made him who he was. Those memories were important.

My favourite episodes have to be Broken, We Are Both, Child of the Moon, The Outsider, The Evil Queen, Second Star to the Right and of course, this episode! This finale was AWESOME. I didn't like seeing Greg electrocute Regina though, despite all the horrible things Regina had done in the past, she didn't deserve such a horrible fate. I'm so glad Mary, David and Emma saved her. Baelfire getting shot and transported through the portal though! Poor Emma they do still love each other! So this whole thing about Tamara and Greg trying to destroy magic, they steal the device that Regina made to destroy Storybooke.....and Regina was willing to sacrifice herself by prolonging the destruction to save everyone else in Storybooke, not just for Henry, but also for herself, to show herself that she CAN be good again! But then Mary says they can't go and leave and return to Storybooke like that, there must be another way to save the town. That scene when Emma helped Regina using her magic though. The FEELS. Like, they're a family now. But then Henry is taken by Greg and Tamara to Neverland? And they set off with Rumple and Hook to find him. Gah, what a finale. Only thing though. Where was Red? Not to mention Archie suddenly reappearing after his kidnap ordeal that somehow went down south once it was revealed he was still alive. I guess there's just so many characters in Storybooke it's impossible to have them all together all the time?

Ach well. I love love love love love this show.

Can't wait for S3! I have the DVDs already.

Last edited by livstevi21; 10-27-2016 at 02:53 PM
Old 10-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you enjoy S3 as well Always fun to read reactions from new watchers.