Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wanted Maleficent to do so much more in the series. She and Ursula are my favorites. How could the show not want to use Maleficent more when she's one of the most terrifying villains?

[quote[maybe someone will write her doing that in a fic. I might have to do a drabble. It could be fun

[/quote[

I would love to read it
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too They ruled as baddies... I wish we could have had more. We can still have her in flashbacks, which I think we might. I'm sure Aurora will have flashbacks soon as well, but that won't happen till the 2nd half of this season. I wonder if Hook ever crossed paths with Maleficent.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

^^Maleficent was so easily beaten by Regina though. I also would like to see more of Maleficent as I like the actress, but the writers don't seem that interested in exploring the Sleeping Beauty backstory any time they have been asked about it. I remember there was an interview, and they said something vaguely like it could be interesting in the future. And again in the last podcast, they were like, could be something for the future. So definitely not in the plans, imo.

The same seems to be the case for Neverland. Of course, with OUAT's ratings they probably have several seasons to come so plenty of time to explore as long as both Hook and Aurora survive the season finale. They have also yet to explore Alice in Wonderland, despite Mad Hatter and Wonderland being introduced last season. Could be due to Sebastian's other engagements. But there could be some budgetary restrictions too, probably.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would love it if Hook did have something to do with Maleficent because that would connect him to Aurora.

And I still want to see Aurora pre-sleeping curse because what happened there is still confusing.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Addicted Fan

^It's probably confusing because it was a retcon of what they introduced in S1.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I would love it if Hook did have something to do with Maleficent because that would connect him to Aurora.
Connections are everywhere on this show so I wouldn't be surprised if they've met.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

I'd love to see more of the Sleeping Beauty characters on the Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
^ you have Colin's Campaign link in your sig just noticed.
We have to advertise.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They are making a new SB movie set to come out 2014 with Angelina Jolie as Maleficent. I'm looking forward to it.

I really want more SB characters to. Everything revolves around the Snow White story. I can see why, it was the first Disney Princess movie, but it can't always be about Snow Whites family. They need to give us more of the other characters. I'm not saying make them all main cast characters, but they've just given us bread crumbs--and some haven't even been brought up again since the new season started. Once E/S get back to StoryBrooke other characters really need to be shown more. I love the main cast to death, but I want the others to be able to shine.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advo (View Post)
^It's probably confusing because it was a retcon of what they introduced in S1.
It's like how Snow said in the Pilot that Regina put her under the sleeping curse because Regina was bitter over Snow being prettier.
Writers need to have a clear plan before deciding to add characters.

Quote:
Connections are everywhere on this show so I wouldn't be surprised if they've met.
I'd love it if Hook knew about Sleeping Beauty before meeting her.

eta:

Quote:
I really want more SB characters to. Everything revolves around the Snow White story. I can see why, it was the first Disney Princess movie, but it can't always be about Snow Whites family. They need to give us more of the other characters. I'm not saying make them all main cast characters, but they've just given us bread crumbs--and some haven't even been brought up again since the new season started. Once E/S get back to StoryBrooke other characters really need to be shown more. I love the main cast to death, but I want the others to be able to shine.
THIS THIS THIS

and I'm looking forward to Angelina's version too
Old 11-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Addicted Fan

^I suppose they can be sort of forgiven if it's the pilot, because those are always shot with a lot of uncertainty. Was it in the pilot that Regina fought with Maleficent, and they talked about sleeping beauty?

I'm pretty excited for Angelina's Maleficent too, and Elle Fannning as Aurora. I also read that Cate Blanchett was cast as the evil stepmother for a new Cinderella movie. I guess, the fairy tales are getting both the small screen and big screen makeover.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^I suppose they can be sort of forgiven if it's the pilot, because those are always shot with a lot of uncertainty. Was it in the pilot that Regina fought with Maleficent, and they talked about sleeping beauty?
I think that happened in the 2nd episode.

Fairytales are really popular right now. Jack and the Beanstalk also got made into a movie with Nicholas Hoult, Ewan McGregor and Stanley Tucci.

Um yea, Hook/Aurora. I'd like to see more than one scene with them on Sunday.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Yes, it was the second episode.

I'm craving more scenes with them. I wonder how long it will take Aurora to find out the truth.

Last edited by ~Cydonia~; 11-29-2012 at 10:34 AM
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope the writers don't drag the episode out and have Aurora find out like 45 minutes in. She better find out in the first 20 minutes and get it back.
I do wonder how she will find out. Cora, maybe?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Probably Cora. Do you think she'll get her heart back so soon?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, with Snow & Emma being so close to leaving FTL I can't see them dragging out the heart thing any longer.

I was hoping it'd be Hook who mentions her missing heart, but I think it will be Cora.