Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

Old 08-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh my god. Oh my god. I am so glad I managed to stay away from every single spoiler with this particular episode, because EVERYTHING about it took me by surprise in ways you can't even imagine. I knew it was going to be a somewhat musical episode, but I had no idea it was going to be this amazing. Holy * When Snow and Charming broke into song in the EF, my face lit up like a child at Christmas. I couldn't stop smiling. Seriously. That was such a great song and so very Snow and Charming. Wonderful singing from Josh and Ginny. And then when the EQ got into song tears of laughter were rolling down my cheeks. Fantastic song, and I LOVED Lana's performance. I wasn't expecting Zelena to have a song, and was wondering why she was singing since she was in Oz and the spell was cast in the EF. But then it didn't matter because I loved that song too. And then Hook's song. That was awesome. I knew it was Blue that granted Snow's wish and cast that spell. I loved that it turned out to be for Emma, so she would have all the songs in her heart and that she wouldn't ever be alone because she had her family right there with her, in her heart.

The songs take such a precedence in this episode that it was actually very hard to concentrate on the more serious stuff going on. Like the BF turning up just as Snow offers Emma if she would like to wear her wedding dress. Heartbreaking when Emma tells Hook she has to defeat the BF alone because she doesn't want to lose him. I loved the scene with Emma and Henry afterwards. Heartbreaking even more, when she thinks the best way to stop the BF from casting the curse on the town is to give the BF what she wants - her heart. Yay Henry, when he finds the page of the story with the songs in her heart and shows it to her in time, even though I knew the BF couldn't crush her heart. Emma finally realises she was never alone this whole time, even when she was a child, because she had the songs, she even recorded herself humming a tune as a child. Realising that, she finds the strength to break the spell that Regina had found to try and stop the BF's curse but the BF had used on everyone to stop them in time, in song. That was all kinds of amazing.

And then, Emma and Hook's wedding!!! BEAUTIFUL. I can't even. The setting, their vows to each other, the song afterwards, everyone there the song...well, almost everyone. I was a bit disappointed that Belle wasn't there, but then I remembered Rumple had said she and Gideon were placed somewhere safe. I was also sad that Belle didn't get a song. And then just as it looks like it was going to be happy ever after, the BF's curse arrives, and engulfs the town. What a climax!

This episode was all kinds of AMAZING. I had no idea Josh, Ginny, Lana, Colin and Jennifer had such wonderful voices! The songs were fantastic and very Disney-like. I really need that soundtrack - right now! Please tell me it's on iTunes! edit: It is on iTunes! I'm gonna play this so much just like my favourite Disney soundtracks.

One last thing - I loved when the EQ told Rumple of the song spell and expected him to sing her how to break it, he said "Do you think the Dark One sings? I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork."

Last edited by livstevi21; 08-31-2017 at 01:51 PM
Old 08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The soundtrack is on iTunes!

So glad you loved the episode! It was pretty amazing
Old 08-31-2017, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

It's on iTunes.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

I did love how Emma's story comes full circle in this episode and she realized finally that was she was never alone.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks guys. Yeah, I saw it was on iTunes, I went there as soon as I finished my review, and bought it straight away. Listening to it right now.

^ Me too, it was awesome for Emma to realize that.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope our icons didn't give too much away.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, my ex-co mod of the Disney board, Jenny, already had a similar icon way before I got to S6, I think I was at the beginning of S5 at the time, so I knew Emma and Hook were going to get married eventually. But other than that, I was spoiler free.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
One last thing - I loved when the EQ told Rumple of the song spell and expected him to sing her how to break it, he said "Do you think the Dark One sings? I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty fork."
That's pretty much how Robert Carlyle feels about musical episodes

And Belle didn't get a song because Emilie didn't want to sing either.

icon by me
Old 08-31-2017, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But other than that, I was spoiler free.
Best way to go really. I spoiled myself on everything. Just needed to know they would be married before the curse came. Any sooner and there would have been hell to pay.

Still, Black Fairy deprived them of a romantic honeymoon. That's unforgivable.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
That's pretty much how Robert Carlyle feels about musical episodes

And Belle didn't get a song because Emilie didn't want to sing either.
Really? I didn't know that. I can understand why. And fair enough, that Emilie didn't want to sing either.

Yeah, I just hate being spoiled for things. This show in particular, I was very careful to avoid any spoilers because I love it so much, and I wanted everything to be a surprise. It wasn't easy, since I was late coming into it.

Ugh, yeah. Very unforgivable. I hope they get their honeymoon in the end!
Old 09-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad I didn't hear a lot of the songs this was my face episode of 6b. Yeah Rumple line was hilarious. McKenna rose little Emma did a commentary on afterbuzz on how she was disappointed 23rd didn't sing she's really cute
Old 04-30-2018, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

A delightful break from all the heavy drama of the season but still had plot points moving forward. I love that this show can still surprise me. Take a deep breath and onto the Final Battle. Here's hoping Emma turns the BF to toast.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked how they made the songs part of the plot too. An awesome episode!
Old 02-19-2020, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero