Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Also, I am becoming more and more convinced that this also does not guarantee Regina ends up with Robin Hood and this will be her happy ending. I think the recovered book page shows what could have been one path but now future decisions can make a new one. Robin appears to be promoting the redemption arc here, his involvement in the book angle attempts to cheer her on that it is not too late for her, to have hope. This definitely seems to be more of a Regina arc, rather than an OQ arc. Which is fine for me at this point, I do not think an adulterous relationship benefits any redemption.

I disagree. As long as Robin comes clean with Marian about whom he truly loves, I hope that he and Regina have a future together. Snow White seems to hope for the same, considering what happened to her and David back in Season One.

By the way, some are claiming that in the light of Regina and Robin's relationship, "ONCE UPON A TIME" is a family show. Is it really? Adultery has been featured three times since Season One - cursed "Mary Margaret and David", Hook and Milah, and Regina and Robin. It's interesting that all three instances featured couples that were and are genuinely in love with each other.

And by the way, my opinion of Robin has not lessened. One, Marian is not supposed to be in this present. I'm sorry, but she isn't. I realize that many fans believe otherwise, but Emma screwed up when she "rescued" Marian. She should have allowed the dead to remain dead. Two, Robin has finally faced the truth that he longer wants to be with Marian. Some fans have claimed that it was his "duty" to feel true love for Marian. He can't. Love does not work that way. In reality, love has nothing to do with moral compass. Robin got over Marian, following her death, and fell in love with someone else. If it is that difficult for him to resume his old feelings for Marian, then chances are he never loved her the way he now loves Regina. However, I do hope that when Marian is finally unfrozen - and I suspect that she will - Robin will come clean and tell her the truth about his feelings. Perhaps they can get a divorce. I suspect that Marian will react with a great deal of anger, but . . . what can one say. I hope that in the end, he handles this situation a lot better than cursed "David" did.

Is this situation with Rumpel and Hook a setup for the former to become "the Big Bad" by the series' last season? It seems like it. Perhaps it's about time. After all, Regina had to serve as "the Big Bad" for Season One, even if Rumpel was acting as puppet master. Perhaps his time for that role is soon to arrive. And why did he try to trap Emma into the wizard's hat? Why only her? Surely he needs more than her powers. Will he try to do the same with Ingrid? Elsa? Or Regina? Surely, he would attempt to collect as many powers as possible. And I wonder if the hat will turn on him.

Why did Snow White tell David that Emma had saved Storybrooke "many times"? Since when? I can only recall two instances - when she broke the curse in the Season One finale and when she and Regina saved the town from the fail safe that the latter had created and in which Greg (through Pan's instructions) had kick started. Other than that . . . I don't recall Emma saving the town. She once saved Regina from a fire. And she also saved Henry from Zelena . . . once. That's about it. Why do Kitsis and Horowitz insist upon portraying Emma as some kind of Buffy Summers 2.0? And when in the hell will they get off this "Savior" kick? Are their memories so dim that they forgot that the only reason Emma was dubbed "the Savior" in the first place was because Rumpelstiltskin manipulated her into being the one to break the curse?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Rumple mentioned something about other means now that he didn't get Emma's power into the hat. I'm thinking that when he visited the SQ after she said the ribbon she wore was harnessing all her "sisters" powers, so maybe Rumple will use the hat on her and take it that way?

Anyway, Kalinda tweeted this and it's food for thought about Rumple's descent. In SB it's only been a week or so since he was released from Zelena's control and apparent abuse too. And the fact that she mentioned Rumple not having a say on if he wanted to be resurrected I think plays a part on why he has given up and become nihilistic.

Thanks T'Lynn for sharing this

It helps my wounded heart from not giving up on the show quite yet.

[/QUOTE]
Old 11-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Rumple mentioned something about other means now that he didn't get Emma's power into the hat. I'm thinking that when he visited the SQ after she said the ribbon she wore was harnessing all her "sisters" powers, so maybe Rumple will use the hat on her and take it that way?

Anyway, Kalinda tweeted this and it's food for thought about Rumple's descent. In SB it's only been a week or so since he was released from Zelena's control and apparent abuse too. And the fact that she mentioned Rumple not having a say on if he wanted to be resurrected I think plays a part on why he has given up and become nihilistic.

Thanks T'Lynn for sharing this

It helps my wounded heart from not giving up on the show quite yet.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing the tweets. They helped give me hope! Kalinda is right, it is only recently that he lost his son and his release from the abusive Zelena. I think her tweet is to show that we shouldn't give up on Rumple and maybe Belle won't either. Will he be fully redeemed, I don't know. I think he will continue to be gray as he heals and learns to love himself but I have more confidence that he will pull himself out of this hole!
Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Regina was emotionally abused by Cora, lost her first love because of Snow and Cora, and manipulated by Rumpelstiltskin. This does not excuse her crimes. She made the choice to seek revenge and hurt a lot of people in her pursuit of vengeance. Snow lost her mother and maid because of Cora. This does not excuse her murder of Cora. It was a malicious and cruel act of revenge that she chose to enact. I don't care what past abuse Rumpelstiltskin had suffered from Zelena. He doesn't have an excuse for his current actions (including Zelena's murder) any more than Regina or Snow did. And I suspect both women would agree.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Regina was emotionally abused by Cora, lost her first love because of Snow and Cora, and manipulated by Rumpelstiltskin. This does not excuse her crimes. She made the choice to seek revenge and hurt a lot of people in her pursuit of vengeance. Snow lost her mother and maid because of Cora. This does not excuse her murder of Cora. It was a malicious and cruel act of revenge that she chose to enact. I don't care what past abuse Rumpelstiltskin had suffered from Zelena. He doesn't have an excuse for his current actions (including Zelena's murder) any more than Regina or Snow did. And I suspect both women would agree.
Nobody is excusing anybody! We are just trying to figure out the motivations and reasons that are going on.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

no one is excusing his actions. They were awful, but it's not cut and dry.

Just like when Regina slaughtered a whole village. I thought I'd never like her again. But I do.

Regina went through her pain and is finding a way now to deal with it. But then she blamed everyone else even her victims on what she did. Rumple has not.

But my point is that Rumple's pain is very real and current and we have no idea what happened to him in the Vault. But from what Kalinda is saying I'm assuming that the vault brought more DO back than the good man that resided inside Rumple

I dont make excuses for Rumple but he is not black and white. BUt seeing what has happened to him gives a better understanding to his plight.

This is why the show gives us backgrounds on the characters like Rumple, Regina and Hook, to show they are not out right villains

ETA: I actually excuse Snow's murder of Cora. Cora was going to kill her and everyone she loves.It was self defense and to me Snow should never feel guilty about it.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

I know it was hokey but I loved the fireworks scene. Emma looked happy. Snow and Charming looked so happy and proud of her. A nice light hearted moment in a sea of angst.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The fireworks scene immediately made me think of my trips to Disney World and the fireworks going off over the castle.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
The fireworks scene immediately made me think of my trips to Disney World and the fireworks going off over the castle.
Exactly.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

dp

Last edited by CityGal; 11-17-2014 at 07:22 PM
Old 11-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
. I don't recall Emma saving the town. She once saved Regina from a fire. And she also saved Henry from Zelena . . . once. That's about it. Why do Kitsis and Horowitz insist upon portraying Emma as some kind of Buffy Summers 2.0? And when in the hell will they get off this "Savior" kick? Are their memories so dim that they forgot that the only reason Emma was dubbed "the Savior" in the first place was because Rumpelstiltskin manipulated her into being the one to break the curse?
Do you have the interview link to Adam and Eddy equating Emma to Buffy?

I don't understand why they need to get off the '"Savior" kick'? The mere fact that it is a title for Emma has story importance in as much as Regina has "Evil Queen" and Gold's "The Dark One" monikers. Clearly, it's part of the story and the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I know it was hokey but I loved the fireworks scene. Emma looked happy. Snow and Charming looked so happy and proud of her. A nice light hearted moment in a sea of angst.
You're not alone. I enjoyed it and such a "Disney" homage.

Last edited by CityGal; 11-17-2014 at 07:21 PM
Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Maybe I missed it, but do you have the interview link to Adam and Eddy equating Emma to Buffy?

I don't understand why they need to get off the '"Savior" kick'? The mere fact that it is a title for Emma has story importance in as much as Regina has "Evil Queen" and Gold's "The Dark One" monikers. Clearly, it's part of the story and the character.

You're not alone. I enjoyed it and such a "Disney" homage.
I loved the fireworks too it was a sweet moment
Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Could somebody add a notation to the title reflecting the fact that StM is actually TWO episodes which aired as one 'feature-length' episode?
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

I have it listed in the OP as a two hour special
Old 11-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Absolute Fan

^ It's two separate episodes (4x08 and 4x09) shot (apparently) and aired as one huge episode, and I think the title should reflect that, but if it's too much hassle, a notation in the OP reflecting that fact would be a good alternative.

BTW, ABC.Com has proof that it's two episodes aired/shot as one because it recaps the episode(s) in two different recaps (labeling the recap of the first hour of the episode as Smash the Mirror Part 1 and the recap of the second hour of the episode as Smash the Mirror Part 2).
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor

Last edited by DigificWriter; 11-17-2014 at 01:03 PM