Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Crimeny. They said the same damn thing about Lost, and that turned into an all-time suck-fest. I guess, at the least, they gave Graham a halfway decent death and didn't neuter him before stuffing him into a shapeless potato-sack jumpsuit?

Maybe @AdamHorowitzLA needs to get hammered with a "Save Graham" trending avalanche?

"Magic can do much, but not that."

Yeah, I take what writers say now with a grain of salt. LOST was one of the shows that taught me that. Something tells me; however, they will stick to Graham being gone and that if he does reappear somewhere down the line, it'll only be in flashbacks.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Jamie was recently interviewed by Eonline and he said something that I thought was really interesting about his character. Apparently, Sheriff Graham wasn't originally supposed to the Huntsman. The producers had actually a different fairytale identity for him in mind, but they couldn't make it happen due to rights. When I read that, I thought it immediately explained why he was downgraded from series regular to guest star status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Crimeny. They said the same damn thing about Lost, and that turned into an all-time suck-fest. I guess, at the least, they gave Graham a halfway decent death and didn't neuter him before stuffing him into a shapeless potato-sack jumpsuit?
I know. They're copying the Darlton playbook word for word, which is probably not a good sign for the future of this show.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Jamie was recently interviewed by Eonline and he said something that I thought was really interesting about his character. Apparently, Sheriff Graham wasn't originally supposed to the Huntsman. The producers had actually a different fairytale identity for him in mind, but they couldn't make it happen due to rights. When I read that, I thought it immediately explained why he was downgraded from series regular to guest star status.
Oh, wow, interesting. That definitely explains alot to me and why his stint on the show has been cut so short. The huntsman was probably intended to be a short stint character down the line anyway, with the exploration of the SW story. It's ashame then, that they couldn't think of something else for him more 'permanent'?! Don't get me wrong, I think he nailed his scenes well, he made a good Huntsman but still.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well done Jamie! And I am going to miss him...he started to grow on me.

Max❣️Liz
Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He had LOTS of potential.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Oh, wow, interesting. That definitely explains alot to me and why his stint on the show has been cut so short. The huntsman was probably intended to be a short stint character down the line anyway, with the exploration of the SW story. It's ashame then, that they couldn't think of something else for him more 'permanent'?! Don't get me wrong, I think he nailed his scenes well, he made a good Huntsman but still.
Yeah, I feel the same way. They surely could have come up with a different and more important fairytale identity for him, and it kinda feels like they took the easy way out when they decided to kill him early instead. But I think this also explains why the Emma/Graham scene was cut from the pilot. The writers were originally most likely intending to write a long term romance between the characters of Emma & Graham when Graham was still supposed to be a main cast member, ergo the planned meet-cute scene in the pilot to set it all up, but when they couldn't pursue the story they originally wanted to pursue for Graham, the Emma/Graham relationship was cut short as well.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Which character did they cast him for originally? Such a pity UGH.Jamie is so good I though I finally found a way to have him on my screen more time

Icon
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

It's such a shame they couldn't find a way to keep him in the storyline. I do believe he is probably still alive in the fairy tale world but it's sad to lose him in the Storybrooke world.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Added the people who asked to be added.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Add me. I'll really miss him
Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I feel the same way. They surely could have come up with a different and more important fairytale identity for him, and it kinda feels like they took the easy way out when they decided to kill him early instead. But I think this also explains why the Emma/Graham scene was cut from the pilot. The writers were originally most likely intending to write a long term romance between the characters of Emma & Graham when Graham was still supposed to be a main cast member, ergo the planned meet-cute scene in the pilot to set it all up, but when they couldn't pursue the story they originally wanted to pursue for Graham, the Emma/Graham relationship was cut short as well.
Yup, I remember about the cut scene - it was the one by the car, right, with the two of them standing there?! I remember it was one of the original promotional pics and there was some discussion about it being a cut scene. But now, it would make even more sense if that scene was intended earlier on to establish an important connection for Emma & Graham that would be developed along the way. It's a shame really, I'm going to miss Jamie.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Added you Caro.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Interesting...wonder which FT persona they originally had him planned as?

Jamie has been filming something new back in the UK for a couple of months now too, hasn't he? Everything is pointing straight at Graham = Gone Forever.

Quote:
I know. They're copying the Darlton playbook word for word, which is probably not a good sign for the future of this show.
Oh goodness...if they "pull a Lost", we WILL have Snow White hooking up with Rumplestiltskin in a WTF?GOTCHA! moment, dead in a church.

Fortunately, we'll only have to endure it for the last 30 seconds of the series!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
It's such a shame they couldn't find a way to keep him in the storyline. I do believe he is probably still alive in the fairy tale world but it's sad to lose him in the Storybrooke world.
That'd be nice, but I don't think he can be. Regina is proof now that all the Storybrook folks ARE the same people who came from the FT world...there's no difference. She crushed the heart of the huntsman, transfered into the cursed world, which killed Graham just as dead as it would have in the FT world.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hm I really wonder what FT character he was originally supposed to be
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Graham! Nooo! He was so amazing last episode, I don't want him gone.