Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

The Savior {6.01} - Episode Discussion

The Savior {6.01} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, September 25th (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

THE HEROES FACE OFF AGAINST A DANGEROUS NEW ENEMY, AS EMMA COMES TO TERMS WITH WHAT IT MEANS TO BE THE SAVIOR, AND RUMPLE ENTERS BELLE’S DREAMSCAPE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S ‘ONCE UPON A TIME’

Oded Feher Guest Stars as Jafar and Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin

Welcome to Storybrooke, a small town in Maine that you won’t find on any map. This town is full of magic, populated by fairytale characters once cursed by the Evil Queen Regina to live in our world—deprived of their memories and happy endings. Until Emma Swan came to town and changed everything. With the help of her son, Henry, Emma embraced her true identity as the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming—the Savior destined to break the Curse. But even after returning everyone’s memories, Emma’s mission was far from over. With the Curse broken, Mr. Gold (aka Rumplestiltskin) was free to bring magic to Storybrooke. And magic ALWAYS comes with a price…

As “Once Upon a Time” returns to ABC for its sixth season, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network, so does its classic villain—the Evil Queen. Creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite you to join everyone’s favorite fairytale characters as they face-off against this supercharged enemy.

In the season premiere episode, “The Savior,” as our heroes set out to stop Hyde, Emma develops a mysterious side effect, and Storybrooke becomes a haven for refugees from the Land of Untold Stories. Meanwhile, Regina and Zelena embrace their newfound sisterhood by becoming roommates, while Rumple tries to free Belle from the sleeping Curse with the help of a stranger. In flashback, Jafar confronts an afflicted Aladdin in Agrabah, and a secret about the Savior is revealed.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Oded Fehr as Jafar, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Tarun Keram as Emir, Peter Marcin as Chief, Farris Tyab, Jordan Ashley Olson as Young Nurse/Oracle, Giles Matthey as Morpheus, Thomas Gasior as Musketeer #1, Ingrid Torrance as Nurse Ratchet, Hank Harris as Dr. Jekyll and Sam Witwer as Mr. Hyde.

“The Savior” was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz directed by Eagle Egilsson.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 09-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Happy Once Day!

One hour before the premiere, there's a recap show, "Evil Reigns Once More."
Old 09-25-2016, 09:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Happy Once Day! I won't be able to catch the recap show, so I'm recording it. Feels good to have our show back. I'm interested to see how Regina handles the Evil Queen being loose and knowing exactly how to ruin everything she has gained. Oh! Also super excited to meet more literary characters. If there is one antihero who would play excellently into the Evil Queen's plans it would be Edmond Dantes, or The Count of Monte Cristo. Just imagine the damage their thirst for vengeance would bring.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

well that was INTERESTING

nice twist on Morpheus!! Oh this show

Emma

the scene with Snow and Charming OH scary

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-25-2016, 06:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I honestly don't know who's got the toughest break. The Savior having visions of her doom, the Dark One who's unborn child has warned his beloved not to trust him, or the sisters being driven apart before they have a chance to be sisters. Excellent showing and I'm thrilled to have the show back. Just please don't make me get tired of thinking, "oh you poor thing."
Old 09-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Good opening epi overall! I also liked the recap epi with ?s ahead of the show - A&E were hilarious with their answers to the fan ?s and gave me hope for the characters

I'm liking the Zelena/Regina/EQ triangle, how interesting! I sincerely hope they show RH made it to the other side and not just wrap things up with the "well I think he's not obliterated since Hades is known to lie" - I think Robin deserves a better send off than that

Very cool surprise with Morpheus being RumBelle's son! I have hope for RumBelle still because he looked at his Dad with such affection and warned him. I think he knows if there is any hope for their family that Belle has to be strong to give Rumple the kick he needs once and for all. Plus I think he's magical, being able to go into dreams, I think his robes looked Dark One-ish to show their link. I still have hope for them!

Emma! TALk TO HOOK!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank Oncers for putting these clips on youtube asap

That beautiful scene with Regina and Snow was WORTH the wait. Just for that scene alone.

Emma. Good gods I thought the Underworld arc was bad enough with her grief. Now seeing what's coming her way next.

Belle. Belle is amazing. Belle is love.

I hate the EQ.

Nooooooothing better destroy the bond that Regina/Zelena need right now. Noooothing.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting start.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:24 AM
New Fan

Am I the only one that went a little bit crazy with the Morpheus thing? I mean come on!
Do they have to be ALL related?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the catch up with all the seasons I may try to get into this show. We'll see.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My thoughts on this episode: Well it was an interesting way to start the episode with Emma and Hook getting interrupted, as that was a kind of a bookend to the entire episode, and it's theme of saviors not getting their happy endings. She seems to be getting that happy ending and is sidetracked again. Very hot, steamy moment though.

It was clearly an Emma episode and it introduced the stuff she is having to deal with this season. As much as she started to have to fight for her own happy ending last season, it looks like she is still having to fight for it now too. In a way it was annoying that her issues caused her to not confide in her family, but in Hyde, who's motivations are unknown, but may well be manipulating the whole situation; how much does he really know? Plus this Oracle woman, okay so we saw her in the flashback with Aladdin but does that mean we should trust her, and also it was Hyde's directions which caused Emma to find her, which is very suspicious. As for the visions, Emma had a future vision before in the UW and changed that path due to the vision, so maybe the vision is trying to warn her?

But I do get why Emma puts up these walls when she's scared despite how far she's come; after 28 years, and a difficult childhood it would be easy to fall back into old ways in difficult moments. I did feel for Hook though. The look on his face of 'she's shutting me out again'.

I can definitely see the way this season is going to go with the characters dealing with their emotions as there wasn't just Emma's issues on display in this episode. One of the other arcs which will be interesting to see is clearly Regina. Her conflict with Zelena is setting up a future dynamic with them and the EQ, but also I can see that she's in a great deal of pain, and it just happens to be coming out against Zelena who is an easy target right now.

I loved the fact it was Henry who voiced the opinion that Hades was lying about Robin's death, I've thought the same thing myself, but he was the perfect choice to say it. I also loved that heart to heart she had with Snow. Their relationship is really important with the EQ in town, but I'd love to see more of that.

The figure in Emma's vision looked very much like a DO. Has Rumple divided himself like the EQ to try and win back Belle? I wouldn't be surprised by him trying to find a short-cut, rather than doing what is necessary - to fight the Darkness- but this being Once Upon a Time, I think it's likely to be a more complex situation than I can guess at.

I have to admit for a moment I thought TLK was going to work on Rumple, however, I have to thank the writers for not making it that easy. There have been so many betrayals and broken promises he will need to walk the path to the light in order to win her back, and start doing the right thing. The question is can he? I'm hoping this child of theirs will motivate him. The Rumbelle story this season promises to be very interesting.

Finally, I did not see the whole Morpheus thing coming. I love that this programme can still surprise me.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

It was an interesting first episode. I'm happy that Belle isn't falling easily back into Rumple's arms. As soon as she remembered all the betrayals, she was like, 'Nope! Not doing it again!' I'm proud of her for that.

The son/mother true love's kiss was interesting. Was Morpheus Morpheus all along, or did he become Morpheus when Rumple sprinkled that dream dust on Belle? The Beauty and the Beast dance was really nice. I think I liked this rendition better than the one in season 4 premiere.

Can Emma please talk to Hook? I'm sure if he knew what was going on, he would do what he can to help her.

It is starting to bug me more now that Snow has a better relationship with Regina than with her own daughter. Can the writers fix this already?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
It was an interesting first episode. I'm happy that Belle isn't falling easily back into Rumple's arms. As soon as she remembered all the betrayals, she was like, 'Nope! Not doing it again!' I'm proud of her for that.
let see how long that last!!

Quote:
Can Emma please talk to Hook? I'm sure if he knew what was going on, he would do what he can to help her.
oh he totally knows there's something going on, I hope she talks to him but I get it why she doesnt want to tell him just yet, hours before she thought things were normal, none of them in danger until she has this visions now of herself dying, she is scared, she is trying to protect her family to keep the idea of her happy ending still alive, have hope that she can change this. I can go for hours about this subject!!
storytelling, the writers need to give CS some angst, but Im grateful there's no some stupid triangle, and the angst is nothing like last year, there's still hope we see some domestic happy CS moments.

Quote:
It is starting to bug me more now that Snow has a better relationship with Regina than with her own daughter. Can the writers fix this already?
THIS X100000000

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-29-2016, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Regina is Snow's mother. It's important for her to have a loving relationship and acceptance from the woman who raised her. It's classic abused child behavior.

And it bothers me that Emma has a better relationship with Regina than she does her own mother. Snow kept trying but Emma kept shutting her down.

The breakdown of the mother daughter relationship isn't all on Snow. And there's no competition between Emma and Regina. There's enough love in Snow to go around.