Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for the art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
I hate that there's no episode tonight. It's brutal.
It is

Old 11-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Hopefully she could get things done on the island and go back to SB with no regrets by the end of S3's first half.

Edit: There's something else I must say about ships. You can be a CS shipper or a ST shipper, but you can't be a CS shipper while rooting for Neal or a ST shipper while rooting for Hook. As romantic rivals, one is naturally and fundamentally excluding another. It's like you can't be liberal and conservative at the same time. Either of them could be Emma's endgame partner, but I'll always hold onto my faith in Neal and pray for a happy ending of him, Emma and Henry.

For the record, I did call Hook a hot pirate and Neal a common guy, so what? As the subtext thereof, Hook is being insolent while Neal is being humble. Moreover, as a hot pirate out on the street, Hook draws every lady's attention; while as a common guy out on the street, Neal draws Emma's attention. As God is my witness, I didn't speak anything against the character I respect and admire. Instead, I've been defending him the whole time. Badmouthing him would be blasphemous to me. If I did, I'd be damned.

And don't tell me this is irrelevant in this thread, because it's not. Emma is the storm eye, the center of this piss contest. Two guys fighting for her, she's stuck in between and she doesn't know what to do until the writers cast their verdict as a decision of hers.
I get what you're saying, if you support one ship, you wont be rooting for the guy on the other team. Having said that, I ship CS but that doesn't mean I hate Neal or think of him in a negative way. I simply don't see him as the right fit for Emma. That doesn't stop me wanting him and Rumple to have a better relationship, nor does it mean I wouldn't want to see Henry and Neal bonding scenes. And I also happen to think that Neal and Tinkerbell could make an interesting pair.

You're right I can't root for Neal with Emma when I really want her to be with Hook. But I still like Neal as a character, and I enjoy watching his scenes with his father/his son and other people on the show. And despite me wanting CS to be ultimate endgame I do hope Neal and Emma sort out their issues, because I want that for Emma. She's been holding onto her past for too long.

So you see? Just because I'm a CS shipper, doesn't mean I have to immediately dislike or hate on the other guy. I just don't want him with Emma.

Love triangles tend to do this kind of crap all the time - start shipping wars, create character hate etc. its just bound to happen. I just think that on a neutral thread like this one - Emma's thread, it shouldn't be about bashing other characters down. We should just focus on her. And that does involve talking about her relationships with other people on the show i.e. Neal and Hook and it will create disagreement between people. But like I said, it doesn't have to involve unnecessary bashing on a character or acting like certain things are fact about them when they're really just the way you're interpreting them.

Yeah I for one can't wait for them to get back to SB. Neverland has been great but I feel like the ride is over, and I'm ready to get back to town.

baelfire24 those arts are beautiful! Especially the first one - nice reminder of season 1 Emma
.{Zee}.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaley23x (View Post)
I get what you're saying, if you support one ship, you wont be rooting for the guy on the other team. Having said that, I ship CS but that doesn't mean I hate Neal or think of him in a negative way. I simply don't see him as the right fit for Emma. That doesn't stop me wanting him and Rumple to have a better relationship, nor does it mean I wouldn't want to see Henry and Neal bonding scenes. And I also happen to think that Neal and Tinkerbell could make an interesting pair.
Neal and Tink? Nuh, not gonna happen, not in a hundred years. Literally, not in a hundred years. I think the disqualified fairy is more likely to be Hook's woman, since the last time we saw her she was in his company at the Lost Boys' camp. That could be a clue of the new direction that the writers are going in. Emma is not the right one for him and vice versa. When they were smooching, there was nothing but lust floating in the air. They got a "moment" and they gave in to their hormones like two highschoolers. It was a one-off thing and it did no good to either of them. Partnership is the line that neither of them should cross. As they did what they did, it created a "dangerous situation" for Emma. That was Snow's warning, to which, unfortunately, she didn't listen.

Quote:
You're right I can't root for Neal with Emma when I really want her to be with Hook. But I still like Neal as a character, and I enjoy watching his scenes with his father/his son and other people on the show. And despite me wanting CS to be ultimate endgame I do hope Neal and Emma sort out their issues, because I want that for Emma. She's been holding onto her past for too long.

So you see? Just because I'm a CS shipper, doesn't mean I have to immediately dislike or hate on the other guy. I just don't want him with Emma.
This is the cliched kind of love story in which a woman's ex unexpectedly comes back from the shadow of her past and goes after her relentlessly while she's been with a new guy for a while. That is ABC's forte within its wheelhouse. I can buy that stuff on a bunch of their soapy operas, but Once is my exception. Neal wasn't a jerk and Hook wasn't a sweetheart. They are where they are by a twist of fate, not the lady's choice, and the future still lays ahead. You know, this show is named Once Upon a Time for a reason. It is a family show of fantasy, idealism and purity without any extramarital craps. That is what separates it from Revenge, Scandal and Betrayal. I just hope the producers live up to their standard and never go down.

Quote:
Love triangles tend to do this kind of crap all the time - start shipping wars, create character hate etc. its just bound to happen. I just think that on a neutral thread like this one - Emma's thread, it shouldn't be about bashing other characters down. We should just focus on her. And that does involve talking about her relationships with other people on the show i.e. Neal and Hook and it will create disagreement between people. But like I said, it doesn't have to involve unnecessary bashing on a character or acting like certain things are fact about them when they're really just the way you're interpreting them.
Yeah, for EMMA'S benefit, Neal is a better choice if she is tired of banging her head on the rock of her trust issues. He doesn't throw curveballs, he doesn't play mind games, he doesn't second-guess his loved ones, and he certainly doesn't have a history of pledging allegiance to whomever he shared the same purpose with. Whatever he says, he means it, and whatever she says, he's all ears. He might not be cool or sexy like Hook, but he's not troublesome or deceptive like him either. I'm positively sure that Emma and Milah are not from the same gene pool. She may prefer a peaceful life with her kid's father to an adventurous life with a one-handed pirate.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 11-25-2013 at 10:44 AM
Old 11-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know - I miss the sass!
I know. She has my kind of humor.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Neal and Tink? Nuh, not gonna happen, not in a hundred years. Literally, not in a hundred years. I think the disqualified fairy is more likely to be Hook's woman, since the last time we saw her she was in his company at the Lost Boys' camp. That could be a clue of the new direction that the writers are going in. Emma is not the right one for him and vice versa. When they were smooching, there was nothing but lust floating in the air. They got a "moment" and they gave in to their hormones like two highschoolers. It was a one-off thing and it did no good to either of them. Partnership is the line that neither of them should cross. As they did what they did, it created a "dangerous situation" for Emma. That was Snow's warning, to which, unfortunately, she didn't listen.

This is the cliched kind of love story in which a woman's ex unexpectedly comes back from the shadow of her past and goes after her relentlessly while she's been with a new guy for a while. That is ABC's forte within its wheelhouse. I can buy that stuff on a bunch of their soapy operas, but Once is my exception. Neal wasn't a jerk and Hook wasn't a sweetheart. They are where they are by a twist of fate, not the lady's choice, and the future still lays ahead. You know, this show is named Once Upon a Time for a reason. It is a family show of fantasy, idealism and purity without any extramarital craps. That is what separates it from Revenge, Scandal and Betrayal. I just hope the producers live up to their standard and never go down.

Yeah, for EMMA'S benefit, Neal is a better choice if she is tired of banging her head on the rock of her trust issues. He doesn't throw curveballs, he doesn't play mind games, he doesn't second-guess his loved ones, and he certainly doesn't have a history of pledging allegiance to whomever he shared the same purpose with. Whatever he says, he means it, and whatever she says, he's all ears. He might not be cool or sexy like Hook, but he's not troublesome or deceptive like him either. I'm positively sure that Emma and Milah are not from the same gene pool. She may prefer a peaceful life with her kid's father to an adventurous life with a one-handed pirate.
You know what? I still disagree with a lot of your points and I don't think you and me are ever gonna agree on this entire situation so I'm just going to leave it at that. This debate can go on endlessly so lets just agree to disagree about it

Jamie Choate - same here. I love the dry witty edge to her. It's one of my favourite things about her
.{Zee}.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!

Diana
Old 11-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Emma’s men

they are the ones who believe in her, who protect her, who make her feel home and loved

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

I adore that gifset.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You know what? I still disagree with a lot of your points and I don't think you and me are ever gonna agree on this entire situation so I'm just going to leave it at that. This debate can go on endlessly so lets just agree to disagree about it
Good, call it a truce then. That would suffice. Debating is fun for me, but no matter how strong my opinion is, I have to admit that this relationship thing could go either way as long as they're altogether on the island. We just have to wait and see. May the best man win!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Jamie Choate - same here. I love the dry witty edge to her. It's one of my favourite things about her
Bravo! the most refreshing thing I've read the past two days.

---------
Quote:
Good, call it a truce then. That would suffice. Debating is fun for me, but this relationship thing could go either way as long as they're altogether on the island. We just have to wait and see and devil take the hindmost.
Which explains everything.

Last edited by CityGal; 11-26-2013 at 01:26 AM
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
the most refreshing thing I've read the past two days.

---------

Which explains everything.
Well it's better than picture spams anyway. We've got nothing new to post until sunday.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
I know. She has my kind of humor.
I hope we see more of it in the eppy's to come

Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

I still don't know how she handles all that's been handed to her.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, for EMMA'S benefit, Neal is a better choice if she is tired of banging her head on the rock of her trust issues.
Because it's not like Neal did anything to cause trust issues. Like sending her to jail for his crime.

Well, you've all spouted off your Emma/Neal & Emma/Hook hopes, so let me throw in my Swan Queen dreams. Because that would at least be entertaining. And it'd take a route on tv that often times it lacks.

A surprise.

I like a good surprise. And having guessed who Neal was three years ago when I first heard Rumple had a son, saw that whole thing coming. I'd rather have some ground breaking storyline, then a tired love triangle that's been done to death.

): )