Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 03:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Mima, thanks for posting that wonderful art, sis .

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Love the art. If Rumpel was Regina's father, I think Cora, Rumpel and Regina would have made an amazing magical family together.

I agree with you on that . Interesting family ^^

You know what i would love? An episode where Rumpel thinks about how his life would be if Cora went with him that night. I´ve seen that in almost every of my favourite shows so, i think it would be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)

I'll be honest, I still have some questions about how Rumple was able to get anywhere near Cora's child in the first place, after their break from each other. I mean, the contract was for a child of Rumples, yet if Regina is not his, and Cora broke his heart, what compelled him to go to baby Regina and hold her 'in his arms' {ie. admitted to in We Are Both}?! Let alone, how did he do this without Cora knowing or did Cora consent to letting Rumple see her daughter?! Hm.

I suppose Rumple could have been keeping tabs on Cora all along after she left him. Perhaps he got his idea for revenge after Regina was born.
Yeah, this is what i hope they tell us in S3.
a) Rumpel thought Regina was his and decided to keep an eye on the baby or b) Cora allowed Rumpel to see the baby and maybe they got involve a second time?
What if Rumpel thought of Regina has the Savior but after Cora left him, he changed his plans and decided to make Regina enact the curse years later.

Baelfire, thanks for the video. Zimane, thanks for the picture.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 06-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)

I agree with you on that . Interesting family ^^

You know what i would love? An episode where Rumpel thinks about how his life would be if Cora went with him that night. I´ve seen that in almost every of my favourite shows so, i think it would be interesting.

a) Rumpel thought Regina was his and decided to keep an eye on the baby or b) Cora allowed Rumpel to see the baby and maybe they got involve a second time?
What if Rumpel thought of Regina has the Savior but after Cora left him, he changed his plans and decided to make Regina enact the curse years later.
I love the idea about Rumpel thinking about what his life would have like if Cora stayed with him. Also I love your ideas about how Rumple got to hold Regina when she was a baby. That is an interesting idea about Rumpel thinking that Regina could be the Savior but he changed his mind and made her enact the curse.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
I love the idea about Rumpel thinking about what his life would have like if Cora stayed with him. Also I love your ideas about how Rumple got to hold Regina when she was a baby. That is an interesting idea about Rumpel thinking that Regina could be the Savior but he changed his mind and made her enact the curse.

Well, Cora is dead and Regina doesn´t knows the truth so, that leaves Rumpel.

After Rumpel found out that Regina wasn´t his, he decided to hurt Cora like she did to him.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Love the art. If Rumpel was Regina's father, I think Cora, Rumpel and Regina would have made an amazing magical family together.
Agreed.

Quote:
a) Rumpel thought Regina was his and decided to keep an eye on the baby
That's very possible, especially if Cora ended up pregnant very shortly after their break from each other. He certainly could have been under the belief that she lied to him and just didn't tell him she was pregnant before going off to marry the prince.

Quote:
or b) Cora allowed Rumpel to see the baby and maybe they got involve a second time?
You know, at first, this idea might seem far-fetched but then when you rewatch The Stable Boy and listen to Cora mention to Regina about the 'deals' she had to make to get them this life, you take away that she implicitly mentions deals as in plural and not just a single deal like with the contract for a child of Rumple's. In this context, it no longer seems impossible at all but very likely that more involvement could have happened a second time around.

It almost sounds like Cora had to do more in order to keep the life she still had, which doesn't look like the original life she had at the end of the Miller's Daughter, which appeared like her family was closer to obtaining the throne and was living in the palace kingdom. Something had to happen in order to change that and I'm almost positive that has to involve Rumple somehow or some way.

Quote:
Interesting idea, especially since he already foresaw she'd be very important, as stated to Cora.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
New Fan

(Hi, all! This is my first post on the forum and I joined because I was so happy to find somewhere to hang out with fellow Rumple/Cora shippers. Please add me to the list! Also, apologies if it takes me a while to get the hang of how the forum works.)

What a fascinating idea! I love the thought that Regina could've been the Savior, the Child Born of True Love. Maybe that was originally Rumple's plan when he made the deal with Cora? Maybe he saw them loving each other, and that's why he asked for her child, so he could have a Child Born from True Love? That certainly puts a new spin on things. It also puts a new spin on Rumple's awful line to Regina: "Your mother did you no favors", that Cora tore out her heart so Regina could be Queen but if Cora had left her heart in and run off with Rumple then Regina would've been the Savior instead. Ouch ouch ouch.

I wonder who would've cast the curse in this scenario? And who they'd have killed for it? Although I do have my suspicions that Rumple on purpose designed the curse that way so that he could manipulate Regina into killing Henry. He's the worst & most vengeful evil ex ever.

As far as how Regina could find out about the backstory between her mother and her teacher...I'm sort of hoping that when Hook finds out that Rumple was involved in Cora's death that will send him right back into Crocodile-killing mode. That could lead to a conversation like:
Hook: Do you have to kill everyone I ever cared about?
Rumple: Do you have to run off and have adventures with everyone who ever loved me and left me?

(Come to think of it, they could have that exact same exchange about Baelfire as well, since they both think he's dead and Rumple thinks he's responsible.)

In any case, since this conversation would undoubtedly get both heated and violent it's easy to imagine Regina overhearing it.

The other thing I wonder is if the show is going to parallel the Hook&Baelfire relationship with the Rumple&Regina relationship, because they're both stories about mentoring (and betraying) the child of someone you loved and lost. I can see flashbacks to Rumple&baby!Regina going well with scenes in which Hook is reunited with Baelfire and all the emotions around that.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Heather: Rumpel told Cora her baby would be important but as the things went by, Cora wanted more power and revenge against those who treat her bad. Rumpel could be the father and she didn´t told him because a baby would make sure she would stay marry to the King and more important, her daughter would be Queen.

Their love story was very strong so, it wouldn´t surprise me if they still felt something for each other´s when Rumpel came to see the baby. We know Rumpel had Regina in his arms. Now i have an image in my head: Cora cames to baby Regina´s room to find her in Rumpel´s arms. He asks Cora if Regina is his and Cora says she isn´t. Maybe that´s when they make another deal and this time, Cora has to obey or he would take Regina away from her. Cora was controlling Regina with magic, for all we know that could have been part of the deal between Rumpel and Cora...make sure Regina grows up knowing what magic does.

Hi Deborah . Welcome to the .
It´s nice to see another Rumpel/Cora shipper ^^

The writers keep saying that True Love is when you love someone for what he is. If that´s so, Rumpel and Cora can be True Loves. Cora was the first woman to love Rumpel after he became the Dark One.

The possibility of Regina being the Savior in Rumpel´s mind would make sense, especially since she was meant to break the curse that would allow to find her brother.

Coraloved Rumpel but like he did before with magic, she chose power. I think Rumpel chose Emma because in his eyes, Snow and Charming were the couple he and Cora never were, a couple who does everything for love.

Yeah, i also can see that "conversation between Hook and Rumpel. Assuming their journey is going to last a lot of time, some subjects have to came out. Not to mention that, Hook told about Milah to both Bae and Belle while Rumpel...i like him but he doesn´t tells the truth. That said, i think Hook will be the one to tell Regina about it.

I agree with you on the parallels and i would love some Rumpel/baby Regina flashbacks.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM
New Fan

Their love story was very strong so, it wouldn´t surprise me if they still felt something for each other´s when Rumpel came to see the baby.

I wouldn't be surprised. She was crying in the forest when she said she wouldn't have his child. She'll probably still have regret when she tells him Regina isn't his.

The writers keep saying that True Love is when you love someone for what he is. If that´s so, Rumpel and Cora can be True Loves. Cora was the first woman to love Rumpel after he became the Dark One.

I know it's widely thought that they weren't True Love because it didn't break his curse, and I know Jane said something confirming this...but I just don't see it. I mean, it looked like True Love to me. She loved him for all the sides of what he was and wouldn't want him to not be the Dark One, he worked pretty damned hard to get that dagger and that power and she would've respected that and not wanted him to lose it. And if that's the case, then this really was his only chance to have a Child Born of True Love and still go through with his plan and still have all his power.

It's an interesting thought, to imagine him watching Snow and Charming and thinking this is just what he can't be and what he can't have. Now you're making me feel sorry for him.

Thank you for the welcome!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome to the thread, Deborah. You will be added soon.

Quote:
What a fascinating idea! I love the thought that Regina could've been the Savior, the Child Born of True Love. Maybe that was originally Rumple's plan when he made the deal with Cora? Maybe he saw them loving each other, and that's why he asked for her child, so he could have a Child Born from True Love? That certainly puts a new spin on things. It also puts a new spin on Rumple's awful line to Regina: "Your mother did you no favors", that Cora tore out her heart so Regina could be Queen but if Cora had left her heart in and run off with Rumple then Regina would've been the Savior instead. Ouch ouch ouch.
You know, I often wondered what exactly Rumple was referring to with this line when it came to Cora. I mean, was he around watching both of them much longer than we think, was he referring to the magical abuse Cora inflicted upon Regina, or the fact that Cora even made a deal in the first place, willingly agreeing to give up a child of hers?! That all the deals Cora made were really only to Regina's detriment, even though Rumple was playing a huge part in it?! Hm.

Ilda:

Quote:
Heather: Rumpel told Cora her baby would be important but as the things went by, Cora wanted more power and revenge against those who treat her bad. Rumpel could be the father and she didn´t told him because a baby would make sure she would stay marry to the King and more important, her daughter would be Queen.
It would also be possible that she didn't intentionally keep the truth from about him being the father, at least, not at first, because maybe she didn't find out she was pregnant until after the marriage to the Prince. Or, if the timing was so close, she just believed it herself that the Prince was the father and disregarded being with Rumple in such a close span of time.

Quote:
Their love story was very strong so, it wouldn´t surprise me if they still felt something for each other´s when Rumpel came to see the baby. We know Rumpel had Regina in his arms. Now i have an image in my head: Cora cames to baby Regina´s room to find her in Rumpel´s arms. He asks Cora if Regina is his and Cora says she isn´t. Maybe that´s when they make another deal and this time, Cora has to obey or he would take Regina away from her. Cora was controlling Regina with magic, for all we know that could have been part of the deal between Rumpel and Cora...make sure Regina grows up knowing what magic does.
You know what would be ironically tragic?! Is if Rumple was her father all along and it never got confirmed, even though he might have suspected it because 1) Cora truly didn't know and kept insisting and believed it was really Henry when they met up again while Rumple was holding baby Regina and 2) He finally managed to convince himself that he wasn't the father and moved forward with his plan for revenge using Regina in the future.

I still find it questionable that if Regina wasn't the baby from their deal, that he was able to get close enough to hold the child, with or without consent.

But you're right, even if Cora intentionally kept such a truth from Rumple, the whole purpose would be to avenge herself and guarantee that her daughter's ascension to the 'throne' as Queen would not be in vain. But something obviously had to happen because instead of Regina becoming Queen to her father, Henry's, Kingdom, Cora had to manipulate and maneuver it happening another way, by arranging it so her daughter could marry King Leopold instead. Wonder if Rumple had any real direct involvement in manipulating these events with Cora, to assure that Regina became Queen {in the land|Kingdom he wanted} and she was in the powerful position he needed her in later on.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Addicted Fan

ladylilith91.tumblr.com

~*~Mima~*~ Icon made by me. I'm Located At:
DeviantART FanFiction.Net LiveJournal Tumblr
Old 06-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah Judge (View Post)
I wouldn't be surprised. She was crying in the forest when she said she wouldn't have his child. She'll probably still have regret when she tells him Regina isn't his.

I know it's widely thought that they weren't True Love because it didn't break his curse, and I know Jane said something confirming this...but I just don't see it. I mean, it looked like True Love to me. She loved him for all the sides of what he was and wouldn't want him to not be the Dark One, he worked pretty damned hard to get that dagger and that power and she would've respected that and not wanted him to lose it. And if that's the case, then this really was his only chance to have a Child Born of True Love and still go through with his plan and still have all his power.

It's an interesting thought, to imagine him watching Snow and Charming and thinking this is just what he can't be and what he can't have. Now you're making me feel sorry for him.

Thank you for the welcome!
Here´s the thing...i´m not trying to say the writers suck at everything when it cames to OUAT because there´s some things they make it right. True Love isn´t one of them . First, they say you can only have one True Love but if that is true, what happens to Regina? I belive she and Daniel were True Love and you can only have one True Love but you can love again. Then, they tells us True Love can break any curse, which isn´t true...examples? Rumpel/Belle and Rumpel/Cora.

I think the main reason why Rumpel helped Snow and Charming so much, was the fact that they had what he wish he had too...with Cora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
But you're right, even if Cora intentionally kept such a truth from Rumple, the whole purpose would be to avenge herself and guarantee that her daughter's ascension to the 'throne' as Queen would not be in vain. But something obviously had to happen because instead of Regina becoming Queen to her father, Henry's, Kingdom, Cora had to manipulate and maneuver it happening another way, by arranging it so her daughter could marry King Leopold instead. Wonder if Rumple had any real direct involvement in manipulating these events with Cora, to assure that Regina became Queen {in the land|Kingdom he wanted} and she was in the powerful position he needed her in later on.
Excellent point! All Cora wanted was for Regina to became a Queen but as we saw in The Stable Boy something changed. Maybe i´m going to far with this but...maybe the King found out about Rumpel and he thought the baby wasn´t
Henry´s and Cora was expelled from the Kingdom? Henry loved so he went with her any way? Later Rumpel helped Cora (they made more deals) so, Regina could became a Queen. It makes us think "Wasn´t that all Cora ever wanted?". Yes but this time, it was Rumpel´s terms.

Mima: Thanks for the art, sis .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 PM
New Fan

What beautiful art! I do wonder if we're ever going to see what that means to Rumpel, that Cora still has a place in his heart. That could be taken rather a number of ways.

I have this crazy, mad, unrealistic hope that Cora is still alive, that either Rumpel or Regina brought her back with True Love's Kiss after everyone else was gone, and that since then she's been disguising herself in different forms until she can figure out how to still be powerful now that she has her heart again.

<i>I think the main reason why Rumpel helped Snow and Charming so much, was the fact that they had what he wish he had too...with Cora.</i>

I like that idea very very much.

True Love in the OUAT universe gives me a headache. If it's true that you can only have True Love once then as you say Regina is doomed. I don't think that's true, but I can easily imagine Regina thinking that's true...because it's what her mother would have taught her. (Ouch.) And of course Cora would think it's true because for her it became true, but you can imagine it as a self-fulfilling prophecy - if she had believed that it was possible for her to have True Love again she might have put her heart back and tried to love her husband (who did seem fond of her). Maybe it would've worked, maybe not.

<i>You know what would be ironically tragic?! Is if Rumple was her father all along and it never got confirmed</i>

That would be brilliant! Since one of the themes of the show is tensions between adoptive and biological families, what if Rumpel never ever finds out whether he's Regina's biological father or not? In any case he still had a role in shaping her, so in any case she's in some sense still his child. It would be fascinating if the question of whether or not she's is biological child is left unanswered, even to him.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

This was one of my favorite Rumpelstiltskin scenes and paying respects to Cora. I still hope he tells Regina about his past relationship with her mother.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Thing about True Love in FTL - I think One True Love is true. I think we see the potential for Cora and Rumple to have had that but in canon, and it's easy to forget, lol, the writers aren't coming out and saying it. They've been referenced as being like 'soulmates' and the such but yeah ... I think for Rumple, and as far as FTL goes, canon is sticking with Belle.

But I don't feel like characters from FTL are doomed to find true love again if they do so in our world, or even in another realm, where those restrictions don't apply. I just think that it means that if they go back to their own world and they already lost theirs there, they're doomed in FTL. Regina likely would have been, had she remained there since Daniel was hers from there.

But, yeah, it's hard to speculate with Cora and Rumple now because from Cora's end, it seems like Rumple was her chance at true love, and she lost it, due to her own choice to remove her heart and take power in it's place. And after that, it was impossible for her to actually love again without her heart. But that gets confusing because then are they saying it wasn't true love for Rumple, only Cora?! How does that really work and how can it be called 'true love' unless both individuals reciprocate?!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Passionate Fan

For anyone interested, chapter twelve in The Rough Beast's Hour Come Round at Last is up.

The Rough Beast's Hour Come Round At Last Chapter 12: Roads not Taken, an once upon a time fanfic | FanFiction

The story (so far) is mostly AU Rumbelle, with Rumple and Belle still in FTL after Regina casts the curse. Rumple and Belle just found out they're not the only people left. Rumple has already put the pieces together and realized Cora is the most likely person to have kept people here.

So, he tells Belle who Cora is, giving his take on his relationship with Cora.

Er, not to brag or anything (writers shouldn't, we're the last ones to ever know if something worked or not), but I especially liked the part where Rumple talks about glimpsing the future where he and Cora had a daughter.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top