Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
True love's kiss is not an elite club, and anyone can feel true love for anyone.
Then it's ordinary, and nothing special about it.

As Snow has said if True love was easy than everyone would have it. Therefore, there's nothing special about it. I would like to believe that it's rare and very difficult to achieve. Most people's goal is to find one and few truly do. It's what makes it special when you see it. There's an Awww-ness to it.

Last edited by CityGal; 04-26-2016 at 07:56 PM
Old 05-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Wow, totally wasn't expecting this episode to turn out the way it did!

Dorothy and Ruby as a couple was unexpected. A little rushed, to say the least, but I'm glad to see Ruby found what she was looking for. I actually shed a tear like Snow did when Ruby gave her true love's kiss to wake her from the sleeping curse. It was undeniably a very sweet moment, but I just wish there was a little more build up between them, Especially from Dorothy's end. She has only appeared in three episodes so far including this one and the last one was the first time we saw her as an adult. She has had no one in her life except the love she earnt from the people of Oz (and her aunt who was the only one to believe her of her adventures in Oz before she died) and now she has a woman in her life who loves her. But honestly, where has that love come from? They shared a connection of having a family that didn't want them, but what else?

I suppose I shouldn't be too critical, because one; Disney was notorious love at first sight (but now jokes about it ala Frozen) and two, OUAT has rushed other couples that shouldn't have been. Ariel/Eric were extremely rushed, but then I suppose we know the couple very well from The Little Mermaid tale, we know their story so I guess the writers thought it was Ok not to develop them as much (either that or they were rushed for time with the other plots going on at the time). On the other hand, OUAT has done very different takes on classic Disney couples. However, neither Dorothy Gale nor Ruby (Red Riding Hood) are Disney characters, so they can write them how they see fit I guess. I'll stop before I make things too complicated. I blame the show for complications! Anyways, perhaps we can see more of Dorothy and Ruby's relationship in the future. If they have the time. I really want to see them get to know each other more and build Dorothy's character further. I have a sad feeling that might not happen though. I guess it's just up to the imagination!

Right, now on to the rest of the episode. Emma wanting her parents to go home to baby Neal was so touching. But Regina reminds them that Snow can't leave since she's one of the names on the grave, and Snow says that David can still go home to Storybrooke to take care of Neal. But David felt he couldn't let Snow miss any more of baby Neal's life and I freaking cried so much when David got Hook to change Snow's name on the grave for his so she could go home to Neal. I can't even.

Rumbelle. Oh Belle. I can't even begin to describe my feelings about them this time. It's too much. Need more time to think.

Last edited by livstevi21; 06-06-2017 at 01:37 PM
Old 06-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Sorry, dp!
Old 06-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To me a lot of the couples who aren't regulars like snowing, Cs, RB, and Oq tend to get less build up so I didn't mind that I just wish it had been with Mulan cause I don't understand the point of episode 5.09
Old 06-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand the writers were limited in this love story by actor availability. It is a shame, but it's good it was in there in some way. I didn't mind it being with Dorothy, though.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yes, Ruby with Mulan would have more sense, and it would have given Mulan her happy ending, since she couldn't be with Aurora. But as it is, I don't mind Ruby and Dorothy together.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind together either
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I understand the writers were limited in this love story by actor availability. It is a shame, but it's good it was in there in some way. I didn't mind it being with Dorothy, though.
I'm not sure if it was actor availability. I think Adam and Eddy were planning for Mulan and Red, but the dynamic didn't work for them in 5A, so they changed Red's love interest for the second half. I remember Jamie made a statement on Twitter, on when you make promises, you follow through on them. I think she may have been referring to Adam and Eddy promising her that Mulan would get a happy ending.

To clarify my statement earlier, what I meant was that true love's kiss is not something specific to heterosexual couples (straight couples).
Old 06-12-2017, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

What I liked most was Ruby confiding in Mulan and Snow about how she felt.

It's good that the writers remembered the SnowRed friendship. Missed seeing that.