Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I honestly could care less about the Dorothy storyline but I loved how every character (except poor Robin) had an important role in the present day story. That's what made it my fave.
Same. Rumple said something about how TLk would bring him to the light
Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Same. Rumple said something about how TLk would bring him to the light
I must have missed some dialog (no big shock there). IF that is true, then I am hoping he will choose her over the darkness, but I expect it will take a little bit of time before he comes to that conclusion.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24
Rumple said something about how TLk would bring him to the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle
I must have missed some dialog (no big shock there). IF that is true, then I am hoping he will choose her over the darkness, but I expect it will take a little bit of time before he comes to that conclusion.
Ooo, I need to go back and see that again! I need some hope right now!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Loyal Fan

They have put a lot of people in the River of Lost Souls. I bet by the end of the season, they find a way to get them all out again.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Total Fan

I don't understand what's going on with Rumbelle. She fell in love with him as the Dark One to begin with... and now because he's the Dark One again, she doesn't love him?

I also don't understand why he doesn't think he can wake her. He's kissed her (well, more than kissed her considering she's pregnant) as the Dark One in Storybrooke, and he didn't lose his powers. He should be able to wake her without losing his powers.

Unless there's only ONE time they can kiss that can be considered true!love (which will break the Dark One curse), and all other kisses are just meh!love?

Aside from that, this episode was okay. I would have preferred Dorothy/Ruby to build up over a few episodes rather than the Insta!Love that we saw. Oh well.

Random question: Why wasn't Zelena green again when Regina banished her back to Oz?
Old 04-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well... That happened.

It's great that they finally did an LGBT storyline - especially considering the LGBT fandom this show has. Long time coming.
The specific storyline though was kind of dumb.

We've got an established queer character in Mulan, but the gay storyline is between 2 characters who've never shown any such interest.
Ruby's only relationships have been with guys (Peter, Dr. Whale), while Dorothy was a character with virtually no substance at all.
Not to mention the fact that "love-at-first-sight" is not only unrealistic (hasn't Frozen already described the issues with that Disney trope)but, it's completely unromantic.
"Hey, I know we just met, I know absolutely nothing about you, we haven't found any commonalities, and we haven't had any of the ups-and-downs, challenges, or shared growth as other couples, but our love is obviously true and better than other people's common love."

Also, why was Auntie Em in the Underworld? What was her "unfinished business" and why did everyone just assume she would be there?
Old 04-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess she got over her jealousy for regina and is focused on her daughter
Old 04-17-2016, 07:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
They have put a lot of people in the River of Lost Souls. I bet by the end of the season, they find a way to get them all out again.
I think so too! Especially when poor Aunt Em got poured into it!

Hey did anyone notice that Zelena drank the "red wine" Hades offered her? Could it be pomegranate juice that makes her unable to leave the Uworld? Is she his Persephone?
Old 04-17-2016, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I think so too! Especially when poor Aunt Em got poured into it!

Hey did anyone notice that Zelena drank the "red wine" Hades offered her? Could it be pomegranate juice that makes her unable to leave the Uworld? Is she his Persephone?
I think so. I just wonder who was playing who in that scene.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
I don't understand what's going on with Rumbelle. She fell in love with him as the Dark One to begin with... and now because he's the Dark One again, she doesn't love him?
I'm gonna go with Jinzle's excellent suggestion of pregnancy hormones

I remember being about 7 mo along and crying over a McDonalds commercial of all things! I think that scary clown was sitting on a bench and some forest animals came over or something? So....pregnancy hormones!
Old 04-17-2016, 07:08 PM
New Fan

It is sad that Rumple all the time tries to kill and treat everybody but people always blame belle. She knows that the kiss will not work because rumple would have to give up their powers forever what he will not do, he probably will try to kill everybody as it makes the whole season ( "Heroes and Villains", "Operation Mongoose" and "Devil's Due").
Belle her before was not asking to lose the curse, She just wanted it to be good, only after the fourth season in which he tried to kill everyone and then leaves them in misery, where at first he speaks again that will change, and in the second example he starts to cry and acts with the victim, not to mention that in the fifth season she saw as the curse is influencing hospdeiro to do evil, as it is powerful, and "Broken Heart" she says he thinks can not but trust him, of course then it goes back and back to stay together, just that he's back to lie and manipulate her, how could she trust him? I say in "Handsome Hero Her" if you change the Rumple speeches by some drug would not lose any sense.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Fans have been wanting an LGBT romance on this show, and yet when the PtBs deliver one, they (fans) complain because it's not the storyline they were expecting. Really?

"This is why we can't have nice things".

BTW, the fact that the episode is called "Ruby Slippers" really ought to have clued people into the fact that we'd be getting the relationship we end up with (because it's a pun derived from Red's Storybrooke name and Dorothy's connection to Zelena's magic shoes).

As far as the rest of the episode goes, I liked it, although I really don't understand Belle's reasoning for giving up on Rumple or Zelena's rationale for letting Hades seduce her when she'd spent the bulk of the episode "on the side of the angels".

It'll be interesting to see what happens now, and to see if we see anything set in Storybrooke proper in future episodes, because part of me thinks they wrote Snow out due to real-life considerations (pregnancy).
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas 35 (View Post)
It is sad that Rumple all the time tries to kill and treat everybody but people always blame belle. She knows that the kiss will not work because rumple would have to give up their powers forever what he will not do, he probably will try to kill everybody as it makes the whole season ( "Heroes and Villains", "Operation Mongoose" and "Devil's Due").
Belle her before was not asking to lose the curse, She just wanted it to be good, only after the fourth season in which he tried to kill everyone and then leaves them in misery, where at first he speaks again that will change, and in the second example he starts to cry and acts with the victim, not to mention that in the fifth season she saw as the curse is influencing hospdeiro to do evil, as it is powerful, and "Broken Heart" she says he thinks can not but trust him, of course then it goes back and back to stay together, just that he's back to lie and manipulate her, how could she trust him? I say in "Handsome Hero Her" if you change the Rumple speeches by some drug would not lose any sense.
No one is blaming Belle. We are just trying to understand what is going on. She seems to flip flop back and forth over his Darkness/Light and I for one am starting to get a touch of whiplash.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Why couldn't it be Toto that delivered a True Love's Lick?

Everything was excellent and character building except the not-at-all believable 'twu wuv' with underdeveloped, throw away character Dorothy. They had two very well-liked characters in Ruby and Mulan they could have gone that TLK route with. Very disappointing.

Their lack of any chemistry whatsoever was painful to watch.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

I have conflicted feelings about this episode.

On the one hand, I am happy we've gotten a true love's kiss for a same sex couple, because love is love, and I think a modern retake on fairytales should include that.

On the other, the execution of it bothers me. I just felt it deserved more than a one-off episode. If Ruby and Dorothy remain recurring on the show and we see more of them developing their relationship, I may change my mind on that part, but I was a bit underwhelmed by it.

The rest of the episode had Charming family moments, Ruby-Snow friendship moments and Snowing moments I enjoyed, but I must admit I have no idea what the writers are doing with Rumple and Belle this season and how they intend to solve the issues between them 5B has raised. I'm kinda stumped, honestly.

Cruella remains amusing.