Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2017, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Maybe there will be more consequences than we think? But there is certainly a double standard with the writers as far as who gets forgiven and who doesn't.

I do believe Hook regrets this and he's not the same person. But I think David shouldn't be asked to just get over it or that he would be wrong to be angry and I think Emma should feel some anger about this on her father's behalf.

Last edited by Belleislove; 03-27-2017 at 12:46 PM
Old 03-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

On this it's hard but Emma didn't know Robert she is able to distance and she feels if her parents are able to fogive Regina and the EQ then they forgive Killain.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

She knows her Dad. And she expressed zero sympathy for him. At this point, Hook cares more about David than Emma does.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Maybe there will be more consequences than we think? But there is certainly a double standard with the writers as far as who gets forgiven and who doesn't.

I do believe Hook regrets this and he's not the same person. But I think David shouldn't be asked to just get over it or that he would be wrong to be angry and I think Emma should feel some anger about this on her father's behalf.
Thank you. Right now I feel like David's feelings don't matter. But, I am clearly biased. It's nice to see someone else feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
On this it's hard but Emma didn't know Robert she is able to distance and she feels if her parents are able to fogive Regina and the EQ then they forgive Killain.
She should have some empathy for her father. Plus, how did she even know that was Robert? The only reference to him is the pages August gave Hook Did Hook show her the story pages showing Robert going to Pleasure Island? Why are we being forced to fill in the blanks?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I feel sorry for Little Roland, if he ever sees FakeRobin in the EF.
There is no Roland in the wish realm.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emma doesnt care about her father??? thats ridiculous

that scene was about them as a couple, at some point he will go to tell David, Emma by his side.
there's probably a delete scene when Emma learn what Killian and david were up to because she knows he was looking for answers of what happened to his father.

talk about double standards here jeez

if they forgave Regina who did far worse things directly to hurt them, knowing them, Snow her step daughter.
they better forgive Killian, because he had no idea who that man was, and Killian isnt that man anymore.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 03-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Unsuprisingly you've missed the point. It isn't about keeping score, or who owes who what.
Thank you for your succinctness.

It's about character growth over time. All characters. This isn't a police procedural. It's about who you were, and who you are now. Villians and Heroes mature and grow from their beginnings in the series.

Rumple, Regina and Hook all have differing redemption story paths. It's unique to the character, and should be judged on it's own story merits.

Heroes also have stories, and their ideals of heroism is challenged. How hard is it to be considered a hero when it's saving old ladies and cats? Heroes happen when the choices are hard, real hard. What could be harder than forgiving someone who has personally caused egregious harm to you? Or putting one's personal life on the line for someone. It's those moments that define a hero.

I think the show is trying hard to do both. Give the heroes, real personal challenges that define them as heroes, and give the villains a real opportunity to truly atone for past crimes over the course of six seasons. That's a tall order for a writer.

We'll know more at the end of the series if they succeed.

Last edited by CityGal; 03-27-2017 at 08:41 PM
Old 03-28-2017, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Forgiveness is a choice. It's not a demand and should not be treated as a given or a must. It's a choice.

Charming has been pretty forgiving in the past, so he'll probably be so again, but it shouldn't be demanded of him - and certainly not be demanded that he immediately does so. He is a victim in this. He's allowed to feel hurt by this, to feel grief, and to take as much time as he needs to process it - and make the choice of whether to forgive or not.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Killian is not demanding Charming for his forgiveness . he's deeply sorry for this crime.

and if they forgave Regina for everything she did directly to them, to hurt them with all full intention, they sure can forgive Killian.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bear in mind the point of this programme. The point is that violence begets violence, resentment begets resentment, vengeance begets vengeance. Look at any conflict in this world: the hardest thing for anyone to do is to put down the weapons and break the cycle of violence and retribution. A man in Northern Ireland who died recently, was former IRA, and he turned from the path of violence, and helped to broker a peace, which is probably the hardest thing anyone can do. Whatever anyone's opinion of him and the things he has done, he must be respected for that.

This show is about breaking the cycles of the past, it's about choosing the harder path of forgiveness, and acceptance of past mistakes, and finding a way to make a better future.

Last edited by Meliana; 03-29-2017 at 04:16 AM
Old 03-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

I am not missing the point. I agree it should be about forgiveness. I am just appalled that the feelings of the victim are not being considered at all. Especially not by the victim's daughter. And I am appalled at the people who have kept saying that they shouldn't have forgiven Regina or Rumple and who trashed Snowing for one action with Lily are now demanding that they immediately forgive their favorite with zero consideration to Charming's feelings. Just appalled.

Last edited by Austenphile; 03-29-2017 at 04:19 AM
Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I am not missing the point. I agree it should be about forgiveness. I am just appalled that the feelings of the victim are not being considered at all. Especialky not by the victim's daughter. And I am appalled at the people who have kept saying that they shouldn't have forgiven Regina or Rumple and who trashed Snowing for one action with Lily are now demanding that they immediately forgive their favorite with zero consideration to Charming's feelings. Just appalled.
Unfortunately, there is a double standard when it comes to Hook. And I say this as someone who likes him. I think if Rumple had killed Charming's father all those years ago people would want Charming to do all kinds of things to get back at him. It is what it is. I like all the main characters except for Zelena (and the EQ) but even with the writers there's a bit of a double standard there. Now in Hook's situation, in fairness, he didn't obviously know this was David's father or he would later become friends with him and love his daughter, and he was a pirate. And I overlook a lot of what Rumple does because he was under a Dark Curse so I can't hold this over Hook's head either as a fan.

But the bigger point is about David and whether he should forgive him or not. That's an individual choice and he clearly will need time to come to terms with this and he should be the one given the consideration here.

Quote:
feel some people on here are missing the point of this programme. The point is that violence begets violence, resentment begets resentment, vengeance begets vengeance. Look at any conflict in this world: the hardest thing for anyone to do is to put down the weapons and break the cycle of violence and retribution. A man in Northern Ireland who died recently, was former IRA, and he turned from the path of violence, and helped to broker a peace, which is probably the hardest thing anyone can do. Whatever anyone's opinion of him and the things he has done, he must be respected for that.

This show is about breaking the cycles of the past, it's about choosing the harder path of forgiveness, and acceptance of past mistakes, and finding a way to make a better future.
I think the show is about fairytale characters living in our world. I don't think they're trying to send any kind of message. The only "message" they've ever given about the show is hope.

Unless you are Neal, Graham, Robin, Rumbelle, etc.

I think forgiveness is a wonderful thing. But it doesn't wipe out the past. And someone shouldn't be expected to break bread with someone who killed their parent, spouse, child, loved one.

I am a forgiving person and a Christian. But that doesn't mean I could sit down or become friends with someone who murdered my parent or child or just get over it overnight.

I actually think Rumple has the most realistic point of view as far as people who have harmed his family, and the most natural point of view.

Now, Hook did not set out to kill David's father. So I'm sure at some point David will forgive him or at least learn to live with it. But it's not realistic that he should do it quickly. And they certainly did not forgive Regina overnight. I still don't think they should have anything to do with her but that's another issue. But I'm saying, David has every right to feel anger with Hook about this and carry this anger around with him for awhile. And he may never be able to get past it, who knows?

Last edited by Belleislove; 03-29-2017 at 04:28 AM
Old 03-29-2017, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

To be fair, Emma did technically already kill the man who killed Robert. Zeus just decided to bring him back to say thanks for helping with the defeat of Hades.

Quote:
I actually think Rumple has the most realistic point of view as far as people who have harmed his family, and the most natural point of view.
No one in Storybrooke is responsible for what happened to Gideon.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
No one in Storybrooke is responsible for what happened to Gideon.
No, I didn't mean that.

I mean regarding Zelena. Sorry, I wasn't more clear.

I mean that he hasn't forgotten her part in his son's death (not trying to debate that particular issue). Just that any father would feel that kind of anger toward someone who killed their child or was responsible for their death. I'm saying he has a natural reaction to it as a parent. It's not even, for him, what she did to him, but about his son.

And I'm not saying he should kill her or anyone. Just that his feeling of not letting it go is the most natural.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Dwelling on the past is exactly why the Evil Queen couldn't forgive Snow for what happened to Daniel. And look how many people suffered for it.

Robert is gone. Emma is alive. If Snow and Charming want their daughter to be truly happy with the man she loves, then they will do just what they did with Regina and put the past behind them, and look to the future.

Otherwise there's just a stupid double standard where the EQ and Hook are concerned. One is worthy of forgiveness but the other one isn't? I call BS if that happens.