Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

omg...that artwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
I don't see friends with benefits leading to more. That's how it works in our world, but Regina expects fairytale love, not what we get in a magicless reality.
She has to let herself try, though. I think it would be easier and more realistic if Tink was around, because she promised Regina happiness and the love she needed to move on. If Regina can change and evolve from the person who blamed Snow for Daniel's death to the fierce mama bear who worked with Emma. If she can evolve in that aspect, who's to say she can't in others?

I think it's too soon to see if she's being ooc or that this isn't a forced relationship. Maybe in about 5-7 episodes, but atm, it's too early to tell on either side.

Quote:
To me this is why Roland is a drawback, not a benefit. He's someone who Robin HAS to put first. Daniel always put Regina first, so Robin can't compete in this arena. He has to make it up in some other key way.
How do you know that he can't do both? Regina is a parent and would expect Robin to put Roland second as much as she'd put Henry.

Quote:
And I agree that she won't feel guilty. Daniel told her to love again, so she can, but her own expectations of love are the barrier. I know I sound like a broken record, but Robin has to be perfect. He has to be more exceptional than any other man or Regina will be able to fall back on Henry as her happy ending and friendzone Robin and Roland (whom I think she will grow to care for).
That's what A&E are trying to fix, though. Believe me, I'm not a fangirl who blindly loves every choice they make. Regina has to let go of the notion that she'll only have one love and she was too young and too scared to believe Tink back then. I think now, as an adult,she'll realize that she can't keep doing it forever. Snow will mind her business and push her because that's just how Snow is.

They boxed her in with Daniel and they kind of made her isolated in general. Idgaf about what Leroy and the dwarves think,but it's going to be ridiculous if every single person in Storybrooke keeps hating her and blaming everything on her. Even if Emma hadn't come back, this is their attempt to avoid making her a mustache-twirling villian.

Quote:
To me this is why Roland is a drawback, not a benefit. He's someone who Robin HAS to put first. Daniel always put Regina first, so Robin can't compete in this arena. He has to make it up in some other key way.

And I agree that she won't feel guilty. Daniel told her to love again, so she can, but her own expectations of love are the barrier. I know I sound like a broken record, but Robin has to be perfect. He has to be more exceptional than any other man or Regina will be able to fall back on Henry as her happy ending and friendzone Robin and Roland (whom I think she will grow to care for).

Being single is easy for Regina. She's come to expect a life where the only one she can depend on is herself. To me this is the only real in for Robin. He has to show her that life with him is worth the effort of a relationship because of the happiness he can bring her. Roland has to prove that being his stepmom is worth it as well. To me that's the only believable way to get Regina to let them into her heart.
She's also really lonely, which is why she resented Emma. Henry was all she had and he suddenly became fixated on his birth mother. By giving up Henry and giving him false memories, she's lost the one person in the world she truly loves. How long can she keep relying on Snow, Charming and Hook to be people who won't throw things at her?

She needs love aside from Henry and circumstances may for her to realize that she doesn't have to live like this and she's not the Evil Queen anymore. Zalena is the bad guy now and everyone is a lot more afraid of her than Regina. For once, she'll actually be on the same page as the good guys. I think if anyone aside from Robin was around her,they'd freak out.

Then again, Archie is her therapist. He could probably recommend St. John's Wort or a FTL version or Prozac.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 03-29-2014 at 07:48 PM
Old 03-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
She has to let herself try, though. I think it would be easier and more realistic if Tink was around, because she promised Regina happiness and the love she needed to move on. If Regina can change and evolve from the person who blamed Snow for Daniel's death to the fierce mama bear who worked with Emma. If she can evolve in that aspect, who's to say she can't in others?

How do you know that he can't do both? Regina is a parent and would expect Robin to put Roland second as much as she'd put Henry.

That's what A&E are trying to fix, though. Believe me, I'm not a fangirl who blindly loves every choice they make. Regina has to let go of the notion that she'll only have one love and she was too young and too scared to believe Tink back then. I think now, as an adult,she'll realize that she can't keep doing it forever. Snow will mind her business and push her because that's just how Snow is.

They boxed her in with Daniel and they kind of made her isolated in general. Idgaf about what Leroy and the dwarves think,but it's going to be ridiculous if every single person in Storybrooke keeps hating her and blaming everything on her. Even if Emma hadn't come back, this is their attempt to avoid making her a mustache-twirling villian.

She's also really lonely, which is why she resented Emma. Henry was all she had and he suddenly became fixated on his birth mother. By giving up Henry and giving him false memories, she's lost the one person in the world she truly loves. How long can she keep relying on Snow, Charming and Hook to be people who won't throw things at her?
From my point of view, accepting a love that evolves from friendship and sex is called settling when your previous love was forged in a fairytale reality and you've spent your life around people who got fairytale quality love. Again, in our world it happens every day but we learn from an early age that fairytales aren't reality and that relationships are hard work. There are no Prince Charmings and we always have to deal with imperfections in our partner in order to have a successful romantic life. That is why Emma is much stronger a person when it comes to romantic relationships because she never let herself believe in true love and eternal romance, etc. Regina evolving while still surrounded by a fairytale characters would be accepting that she will never have the happiness that others have, in short, a happy ending which seems to be everyone's goal in the Enchanted Forest.

Regina can understand Robin's absolute devotion to Roland, but inevitably there will come a situation where Regina has to compromise with the reality that Roland exists and her needs have to come second to Robin. Again, that's real life poking it's ugly head in.

As for Regina believing she'll only have one love, I think she's already let that go. Daniel told her to, and I think she'll try, but if Robin can't make her as happy as Daniel did, that's settling and Regina doesn't settle. Like her mother, she gets up when she's kicked down, even when the smart or 'good' thing to do is lie there and play dead. It's really the only way she's like Cora. Otherwise, she's Henry Sr. down to her lack of backbone when it comes to her child's every demand.

Finally, Regina doesn't expect Snow and Charming and Hook to carry her socially. She expects them to eventually give up and kick her out. Then she expects to live the rest of her life by herself. She's already emotionally prepared herself for this. Yes, she's very lonely, but Regina is smart enough to know that if things don't work out between her and Robin, the town will drag out the pitchforks the minute they see Roland upset over loosing yet another mother. Henry will likely turn on her as well for not living up to his expectation that because she is no longer the Evil Queen, she should have a happy ending with Robin. Rather than go there, rather than risk Henry's anger, Regina would otherwise choose to not let Robin in. It would be easier for her to be alone than to risk things not working out and Henry getting upset that his prescribed fairytale ending didn't take. Not to mention the difficulty getting from day to day with the town scorning her again for breaking Roland's heart.

Again, I'm not against Robin and Regina getting together, but he has to be extraordinary enough that she can push through all the expectations and hardships that a relationship would bring. Otherwise it won't ring very true, no matter what the actors do.

Last edited by aeverett; 03-30-2014 at 12:41 AM
Old 03-30-2014, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, just to jump in, I have to say that I do not think A&E have ever presented the idea that fairytale TL is perfect. At least not in the disney fashion. I think they molded some of that with some darker aspects, wherein, our TL couples definitely have hurdles and challenges to overcome. It is not, nor has it been, smooth sailing.

For me, there is no need to compare Daniel with Robin as they are two different men. Two different relationships at different times in her life. I am going with Lana's interpretation, if anything can be compared to Daniel, it would be the fear of losing Robin like she did Daniel. I think the possibility of losing another TL to death would weigh on her mind because that kind of fear can be exploited by other villains out there. Daniel's death launched her on a downward spiral into darkness - she could fear taking a turn for the worst again if such a thing happened. But that is where evidence of true change comes into play, how one chooses to deal with pain or loss. As for this perfection ideal, I do not think the show has ever demonstrated that anybody's TL is perfect.

I think Regina will have to overcome her fears of intimacy and getting close to someone again while taking a leap of faith in spite of possible pain or loss. Otherwise, she remains stagnant in her life. I donot believe she will be stuck in a place comparing how imperfect Robin is compared to Daniel but that's me.

Also, I do not see Roland as an issue. I fail to see why there is this need for spousal|romantic relationships and parent|child relationships to be placed in direct competition with each other. They both come FIRST, there just needs to be balance. Both relationships require different needs and attention - you do no justice hiding behind one and avoiding the other.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Hm, just to jump in, I have to say that I do not think A&E have ever presented the idea that fairytale TL is perfect. At least not in the disney fashion. I think they molded some of that with some darker aspects, wherein, our TL couples definitely have hurdles and challenges to overcome. It is not, nor has it been, smooth sailing.

For me, there is no need to compare Daniel with Robin as they are two different men. Two different relationships at different times in her life. I am going with Lana's interpretation, if anything can be compared to Daniel, it would be the fear of losing Robin like she did Daniel. I think the possibility of losing another TL to death would weigh on her mind because that kind of fear can be exploited by other villains out there. Daniel's death launched her on a downward spiral into darkness - she could fear taking a turn for the worst again if such a thing happened. But that is where evidence of true change comes into play, how one chooses to deal with pain or loss. As for this perfection ideal, I do not think the show has ever demonstrated that anybody's TL is perfect.

I think Regina will have to overcome her fears of intimacy and getting close to someone again while taking a leap of faith in spite of possible pain or loss. Otherwise, she remains stagnant in her life. I donot believe she will be stuck in a place comparing how imperfect Robin is compared to Daniel but that's me.

Also, I do not see Roland as an issue. I fail to see why there is this need for spousal|romantic relationships and parent|child relationships to be placed in direct competition with each other. They both come FIRST, there just needs to be balance. Both relationships require different needs and attention - you do no justice hiding behind one and avoiding the other.

Who's afraid of little old me?
--------------You should be.
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ love that emicon, Jessica. Simple and to the point.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Happy Once upon a Time Sunday! I hope we get new scenes with Robin and Regina tonight.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
^ love that emicon, Jessica. Simple and to the point.
I love that too

Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Happy Once Day!

Lots of hope and wishes for great scenes between Regina and Robin tonight!

And Robin and Roland. And Regina and Roland.

And Regina, Robin, Henry, Roland.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Forgot to ask, can I be switched to the shippers list please?

Icon by Fiona
Old 03-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I also be add on the shipper list. I love these two together.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome

Old 03-30-2014, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

all