Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I don't think the show necessarily has the time to even develop something close to OQ. If live ratings become the only determining factor, a s8 seems like an unlikely prospect. IF they give her a new LI, I have made a conscious decision not to compare. In the end, I would like Regina to find happiness with somebody, for herself, and a HE that is not again relegated to Zelena or just Henry. I know she loves Henry but he's a grown man with his own family now. They have buried OQ in their writing.
I want her to find someone, don't get me wrong. In a better written show, her love interest wouldn't have been killed, because it doesn't make sense within her journey from EQ to Regina. But, since it was, it would be better than her being miserable and alone watching everyone getting their happy ending but her.

BUT regardless, not only there is no time to get her the love story her character deserves, but any attempt does feel like trying to get people to stop complaining about OQ and how Regina AND Robin deserved better, which, by the way they did. Sometimes I wonder if they thought killing Robin would save two problems at once: keeping SwanQueen viwers happy and solve the Zelena mess. They even tried to sugarcoat it with the fake feminist statement a man wasn't her happy ending. Because it's okay for all the other bad ass women in the show to have a man as a happy ending, but not Regina. Nope. She couldn't even have one as a part of her happy ending. Right. As if anyone with a lick of sense bought that...

A new love interest won't be the same, and it will be a cheap attempt, most probably, if it happens, it's going to be a non descript 2-3 episodes guest star, with a cheap TLK to hammer the point they are true love, just like they did the with one episode LGBT story.

Still, even a half cooked cheap love interest is better than misery and loneliness, so, I will take it, but I will mourn the original, much better love story for sure. It would have been epic

Last edited by lianamed; 12-01-2017 at 01:29 AM
Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
They even tried to sugarcoat it with the fake feminist statement a man wasn't her happy ending. Because it's okay for all the other bad ass women in the show to have a man as a happy ending, but not Regina. Nope. She couldn't even have one as a part of her hapyending. Right. As if anyone with a lick of sense bought that...
This bothers me so much for the same reason you said. Belle, Snow, Emma, Ariel, Jasmine, and many others on the show were badass women and all of them got their happy endings with the man they loved, or woman, in the case of Ruby and Dorothy. Does that somehow make them weak because they wanted to love and be loved? Of course not! So why does that idea only apply to Regina?

I agree there isn't enough time left to write a new love story for Regina. OQ was rushed in 3B and Robin was introduced and the soulmate connection established in the first half of season 3. If they do choose to introduce someone new for Regina, I think we will only see the beginning of the relationship and fans will decide for themselves what happened beyond the end of the season.

I know it won't be like OQ, but I want Regina to have someone to spend her life with. Lana herself has said that Regina is lonely. She will always have Henry, but he has a family of his own and her life can't be all about him anymore.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I want her to find someone, don't get me wrong. In a better written show, her love interest wouldn't have been killed, because it doesn't make sense within her journey from EQ to Regina. But, since it was, it would be better than her being miserable and alone watching everyone getting their happy ending but her.
Quote:
.... They even tried to sugarcoat it with the fake feminist statement a man wasn't her happy ending. Because it's okay for all the other bad ass women in the show to have a man as a happy ending, but not Regina. Nope. She couldn't even have one as a part of her hapyending. Right. As if anyone with a lick of sense bought that...
In regards to the 'independent woman trope' they tried to force onto Regina after the fact (ie. Daniel; Robin Hood), what is even more contrary to the claim is that they have not even really written Regina in any way to match and support the archetype. As of s7, I see a woman who is lonely and still trying to find her place. Which lead her to trying to help Drizella in the first place. She felt needed.

S5 tried to first establish that Regina only considered RH as a part of her HE, not her HE itself. Her HE was finally feeling at home in the world, happy with herself. S6 and the Split Queen arc tried to go further with it when it downplayed the significance of Page 23 because they got rid of RH. Yet her doppelganger got to be with a man, Wish Robin? LOL. S7 has confirmed Regina was not happy in SB; she was miserable there without Henry. She told him so. Without being his mother, she said she didn't know how to be. If her life is so full-filling as this single independent woman, why is that the case? Henry asked her to stay with him in the EF2, claiming her story wasn't over and maybe she needed to be there to find it. Well, I would sure like to know when it will be found because apparently it couldn't be found with OQ, having a reformed sister didn't cut it either, and being Mayor|Queen didn't bring her the ultimate happiness she desired.

Here's the other potential issue. Thus far, Regina is not very significant in the major plot for s7 so why would I expect them to develop any potential new LI for her as if she were a main character? She's one in name only for s7, not in the storyline focus. So I have no doubt any potential new partner would be introduced and crammed into a couple episodes. But at this point, I feel like I have to take what I can get for Regina's HE. She's clearly being written to have no purpose, she even appears to just wander around the Resistance in EF2 with nothing specific to do while Hook does naval patrol and Henry|Cinderella go off on recon missions, lol. So in the event a new love comes along, I will just cross my fingers they have some ounce of chemistry so the implied nature of their relationship passes for believable in the end. Kind of how OQ pulled it off in limited episodes of 3B. I prefer it over her being alone again.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-30-2017 at 07:45 PM
Old 11-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I don't really have anything to add, I agree with everything you said Heather.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/2b...pre.jpg.cf.jpg
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 12-03-2017, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yowza! Smokin'!
Old 12-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I Know right...!!
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They were such a different dynamic from the start.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They really were...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 12-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

They were special in so many ways.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Absolutely...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 12-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Some fans put together an OQ advent calendar. It's really well done.

Once Upon An Advent 2017
Old 12-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that. It is very well done.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is really well done...

Thanks for sharing...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 12-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Extreme Fan

That is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us!