Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

I agree there were a number of ways the stoyline could have been fixed, the best one being the way you mentioned. If they wanted Zelena to find redemption through a child, that could have happened without the need to involve Robin. They just didn't want to fix it. At some point they decided OQ should end and considering Sean and Lana had great chemistry, I really don't understand why.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I agree there were a number of ways the stoyline could have been fixed, the best one being the way you mentioned. If they wanted Zelena to find redemption through a child, that could have happened without the need to involve Robin. They just didn't want to fix it. At some point they decided OQ should end and considering Sean and Lana had great chemistry, I really don't understand why.
I think it was about pride. They simply didn't want to admit that storyline was a mistake.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

They could have just said it was the plan all along for Zelena to be lying. We wouldn't have believed them, but we would have been so happy that we wouldn't have cared.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They could have just said it was the plan all along for Zelena to be lying. We wouldn't have believed them, but we would have been so happy that we wouldn't have cared.
True!
Old 11-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Dont think anyone understood why they did it, the way they did with these two... But it sucked that they ended them they way they did...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)
Dont think anyone understood why they did it, the way they did with these two... But it sucked that they ended them they way they did...
Yes it did. The only way I'm able to deal with what happened is with fanfiction.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I think it was about pride. They simply didn't want to admit that storyline was a mistake.
I think that annoys me more! Because if they intended OQ to be end game from the start, back tracking with lame justifications to end them just seems worse than, say, had they not intended the couple to stay together and just admitted so.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure when they changed their minds about OQ being long-term. I don't think it was season 4 because they could have just let him go off with Marian to New York and that been the end of it. No further resolution needed. So my guess is early season 5 when they realized nobody thought the Zelena/baby storyline was "fun". I remember Sean said in an exit interview he found out in January of season 5 they were writing him off the show.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure when they changed their minds about OQ being long-term. I don't think it was season 4 because they could have just let him go off with Marian to New York and that been the end of it. No further resolution needed. So my guess is early season 5 when they realized nobody thought the Zelena/baby storyline was "fun". I remember Sean said in an exit interview he found out in January of season 5 they were writing him off the show.
It makes sense, because they started giving him less and less screen time. It was the first season he was a regular, and yet, he was given no other story but to hold Regina's purse, as Sean joked about.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I miss them. It is strange and a little bit disappointing to see everyone get these romantic happy endings and for them it is still nothing.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I miss them. It is strange and a little bit disappointing to see everyone get these romantic happy endings and for them it is still nothing.
I know exactly how you feel. It feels terribly unfair. In fact, their whole love story was unfair to both characters. None of them, especially at that point of their personal story, deserved what was done to them. Robin did not deserve to have his soul obliterated, and he certainly did not deserve to be fooled by Zelena when he and Regina was doing the right thing. Roland did not deserve to lose his father, and Regina did not deserve to have another man she loved being killed because he loved her.

Whenever I remember what happened, I remember why this show mantra of being about *hope* applies to everyone but Robin and Regina. I guess what makes it worse is that it was pointless. There was no story reason for Robin to die. It wasn't necessary for Split Queen to happen. In fact, it would have been more powerful if it had happened when he was alive, since Robin never had to deal with the true Evil Queen. When he met Regina, she was already half way towards redemption. Since the writers were so queen on having *Hey sisterhood* between Zelena and Regina, it would have been a stronger relationship if they had both Robin and Regina actually forgiving her together, and Zelena would be a more mature person if she actually had to share her daughter with her father.

In fact, I'd say removing Robin only made Zelena's redemption more superficial, since she didn't have to deal with any consequences of anything she ever did. It was all wiped out as if it never happened. And, honestly, I never saw any redemption arc in Zelena, because there wasn't. Not really. She didn't face any strugle, and even removing her magic, made things easier. It's much more difficult to be tempted to kill people without magic. In fact, in a way, having dark magic removed from her life, considering using Dark Magic helps to make a heart even darker, losing her magic might have been the best for her.

Last edited by lianamed; 11-21-2017 at 03:15 AM
Old 11-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was ridiculous that they even made him a regular for s5 when there was nothing of substance for Robin Hood and nothing for OQ (ie. Except 5x02). This season really had nothing for Regina either as far as the big season arcs were concerned. She had some flashbacks. And even if we backtrack further into s4, Robin's centric was basically about showing how Robin Hood would come to be connected to Zelena and how she originally had the necklace to disguise her form, which RH stole. I could have done without his whole trip to OZ. He could have even encountered Will Scarlet another way.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I thought the trip to Oz was pointless too. I would have rather seen something of the dark past he kept referring to. We could have seen him meeting Will during that time or even Marian. Instead what everyone remembers about that episode is that it revealed that Marian was Zelena.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Yes it did. The only way I'm able to deal with what happened is with fanfiction.

Thats always a nice way to do...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 11-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I thought the trip to Oz was pointless too. I would have rather seen something of the dark past he kept referring to. We could have seen him meeting Will during that time or even Marian. Instead what everyone remembers about that episode is that it revealed that Marian was Zelena.
I think we suffered as a consequence of Frozen. They changed their entire season to have those characters and Frozen Marian and baby Robyn were the consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)

Thats always a nice way to do...
Thanks for your kindness. I'm so grateful to whover created the first fanfiction ever!