Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Once Upon A Time

So how did people feel about that ending? Genuinely curious, cos I can see it being very mixed.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
So how did people feel about that ending? Genuinely curious, cos I can see it being very mixed.

I didn't care for it one bit. As far as I'm concerned, it was chickens**t.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, they didn't merge EQ back into Regina? Cause if not, that's very weird to me and kind of makes a mockery out of the whole redemption arc she went through in the series. Kind of reminds me of the show The Magicians and when the character loses their 'shade.' They are really not a whole person without it.

Robin left with EQ? That's what I'm reading. Some OQ fans may settle for that idea, okay, but I'm personally glad I didn't watch then. That's not satisfying to me; it plays off like a cop out.

I didn't expect Regina to go sliding backwards into evil again but I expected a real healing by unifying herself. I wasn't expecting anything good for OQ but what is this? EQ side disappears to Wish realm with Wish Robin and page 23 is now supposed to represent the tale of evil-OQ? What the hell? I take that as an insult because, what, at the end of the day EQ, the part of herself RESPONSIBLE for the actual wrongdoings walks away with the Happy Ending, not Regina, the actual part of her that wanted redemption in the first place. What kind of twisted message of hope is that? That she gave up on being evil too soon? If she waited it out longer in the EF, she could have cast a wish spell and had Robin's dark counterpart all to herself.

Hell, all that time wasted to bring Daniel back to life and all she needed was Sidney the genie to send her to a wish realm all along instead of using him to kill the King. There she could have found another version of Daniel by this writing logic. Then EQ could have been prevented from the start. I reinforce; this is just weird.

Icon by: Suz (Madame Regal)

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-27-2017 at 12:09 AM
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

It's actually not 100% EQ, she has some light in her and can heal later on together with Robin. I expected worse tbh. At least Regina finally loves herself.
colorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just sounds really weird to me that she's split in two places. It comes across kinda fake with it being a wish and all and not the real thing. Regina, the actual Regina, is stuck behind without her happy ending and if she can't get one now; something is very wrong. I get the OQ fandom is stuck grabbing for whatever scraps they get thrown, and granted, they could have done something even more unsatisfying, but I guess I just don't settle anymore. Give it to me right or not at all. The split arc now sounds like Regina's twin getting a HE not herself.

But, hey, to each their own. I already stopped watching the show so this canon isn't stuck with me as I haven't viewed it. I'll just stick to the fan-fiction world of OQ.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-27-2017 at 12:25 AM
Old 03-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not really satisfied, far from it, but I guess I will take it compared to Robin dead and Regina miserable. Their story was ruined long ago, this is one of the better outcomes in the end after killing him.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
So, they didn't merge EQ back into Regina? Cause if not, that's very weird to me and kind of makes a mockery out of the whole redemption arc she went through in the series. Kind of reminds me of the show The Magicians and when the character loses their 'shade.' They are really not a whole person without it.

Robin left with EQ? That's what I'm reading. Some OQ fans may settle for that idea, okay, but I'm personally glad I didn't watch then. That's not satisfying to me; it plays off like a cop out.

I didn't expect Regina to go sliding backwards into evil again but I expected a real healing by unifying herself. I wasn't expecting anything good for OQ but what is this? EQ side disappears to Wish realm with Wish Robin and page 23 is now supposed to represent the tale of evil-OQ? What the hell? I take that as an insult because, what, at the end of the day EQ, the part of herself RESPONSIBLE for the actual wrongdoings walks away with the Happy Ending, not Regina, the actual part of her that wanted redemption in the first place. What kind of twisted message of hope is that? That she gave up on being evil too soon? If she waited it out longer in the EF, she could have cast a wish spell and had Robin's dark counterpart all to herself.

Hell, all that time wasted to bring Daniel back to life and all she needed was Sidney the genie to send her to a wish realm all along instead of using him to kill the King. There she could have found another version of Daniel by this writing logic. Then EQ could have been prevented from the start. I reinforce; this is just weird.

In some ways, it was even more weird than you would think. The Evil Queen and Regina did became one and they did not at the same time. Thanks to the convenient magic shhers, Regina ended up with two hearts: onethat contained all her light, and another all her darkness.

The good half mixed both hearts, produced two identical ones, in order to make both Regina two whole beings with light and darkness. So, technically, you can't say her Evil half got a happy ending, sincethey both had half of her light and half of her darkness.

I don't know how much sense that even makes, but I think, in their minds, since they are both light and darkness, they were trying to give Regina a happy ending, and not give her at the same time. They actually had Robin saying maybe he was supposed to save the EQ, and Regina saying page 23 was never supposed to be her happy ending, but only supposed to give her hope when she needed it.

In another words, we are supposed to accept Robin was always supposed to be the EQ happy ending and never Regina, and our Robin was only supposed to be a "test".

The way I see it, they clearly don't realize they owed Robin's fans fixing the destroyed soul thing. They are never going to give us morethanwhat they did on that matter. We are supposed to be happy with the 'maybe Hades was lying' thing, because Robin was never a character for them. He only mattered as Regina's love interest. Ultimately it was only about her. Even Wish Robin was treated with more respect and care than real Robin was.

But, it was nice to see the old Outlawqueen chemistry once again, and I did enjoy the scenes I saw with their banter. It was bittersweet in a way. I didn't watch the whole episode, though. Just some scenes...
lianamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

Was our Robin suppose to be a test though? If he were still alive I'm sure they'd be together.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I wasn't the worst ending they could have given us, but it certainly wasn't the best. I am disappointed in the overall story arc. I wanted a story that included the Robin I loved and this guy wasn't him. I guess it's nice that there is some version of Robin and Regina out there that might get a happy ending (if they don't get killed by Rumple or King Henry), but the version they gave the possibility for a happy ending to ins't the couple that I love and am invested in. We'll likely never even see those characters again.

They had Sean for 5 episodes and they did nothing to fix the horrible ending they wrote for Robin in season 5. That was the thing I most needed to see from this arc and it didn't happen. Nothing about the OQ story that I love has changed. I'm happy that Regina loves herself now, but Robin was a part of the story too, even if the writers didn't care about him as much as they did Regina.

As a Regina fan, I was fine with the way they chose to resolve the split queen story, but as a Robin and OQ fan, I don't feel any more closure than I did last May.
charming_essa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)
Was our Robin suppose to be a test though? If he were still alive I'm sure they'd be together.
I got that impression from the EQ and Regina talk. The EQ said 'so Tinkerbell was wrong'. And Regina did agree that Robin wasn't her HEA after all, and that page 23 was only about giving hope when she needed it. She seemed to dismiss her feelings for him very easily.

I was left wondering, since she said she put her love for Robin and some of her love for everyone she cared about inside the EQ, how much of it did she put on the EQ heart. Maybe all of it? It almost felt like he died 1/2 years ago, not a week (or who knows how long it actually was...)>
lianamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just my interpretation, but I don't think she meant that she didn't love Robin or didn't still wish she had a future with him, but that the scene depicted in page 23 was meant specifically for the evil queen. If she had chosen to go into the tavern, that would have been her story. But since she chose a different path she became a person that story wasn't meant for. I don't think it was meant to diminish how she felt about the Robin she knew though. They had a different story, unfortunately one that didn't have a good ending. Maybe if I get around to rewatching sometime, I'll see it differently, but that's what I got from last night.

ETA: After re-watching the Regina/EQ scene talking about the tavern and Robin, I do see what you're talking about now. I didn't really catch it the first time. It does seem like they downplayed the importance of Robin in Regina's life, which really sucks considering he sacrificed his life and possibly his soul for her. It feels like they're going back on what they wrote though because in 5x02, Regina was ready to let that Fury kill her in order to save Robin. I never had any doubt that she loved him and wanted him in her life. So I don't accept that he wasn't that important in her life, just that she realizes his death doesn't mean she can never be happy.

Last edited by charming_essa; 03-27-2017 at 01:48 PM
Old 03-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
In some ways, it was even more weird than you would think. The Evil Queen and Regina did became one and they did not at the same time. Thanks to the convenient magic shhers, Regina ended up with two hearts: onethat contained all her light, and another all her darkness.

The good half mixed both hearts, produced two identical ones, in order to make both Regina two whole beings with light and darkness. So, technically, you can't say her Evil half got a happy ending, sincethey both had half of her light and half of her darkness.

I don't know how much sense that even makes, but I think, in their minds, since they are both light and darkness, they were trying to give Regina a happy ending, and not give her at the same time. They actually had Robin saying maybe he was supposed to save the EQ, and Regina saying page 23 was never supposed to be her happy ending, but only supposed to give her hope when she needed it.

In another words, we are supposed to accept Robin was always supposed to be the EQ happy ending and never Regina, and our Robin was only supposed to be a "test".

The way I see it, they clearly don't realize they owed Robin's fans fixing the destroyed soul thing. They are never going to give us morethanwhat they did on that matter. We are supposed to be happy with the 'maybe Hades was lying' thing, because Robin was never a character for them. He only mattered as Regina's love interest. Ultimately it was only about her. Even Wish Robin was treated with more respect and care than real Robin was.

But, it was nice to see the old Outlawqueen chemistry once again, and I did enjoy the scenes I saw with their banter. It was bittersweet in a way. I didn't watch the whole episode, though. Just some scenes...
Yeah, that sounds VERY weird and I don't think I like it, lol. I'm back to thinking of it like Regina having a twin who is now composed of both her light and darkness. It's technically not HER happy ending nor her life she is living out so it is so pointless. The whole split arc is pretty pointless.

So the reasoning behind page 23 is now that it was never meant for Regina? If true, it negates Tink even taking her to the tavern in the first place. To say it was always the EQ's story is cementing the stupid idea that EQ and Regina are now separate people. The EQ who left with Wish Robin is not even an Alternate Reality Regina|EQ, this is a part of Regina that literally came out of HERSELF. Wish Robin isn't even AU either. How does this even make sense?

Oh, so page 23 was never about any actual hope for the real OQ, only for Regina when she needed hope herself? Mind if I ask, hope for what exactly? Nothing works out for her. The page seems to come across pretty meaningless at this point as it pertains to the real Robin Hood, who found the page lol, and our Regina|EQ.

I don't like how it was explained away. Not shocking, though.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

There was a lot about wish Robin that they never explained. We don't know why he didn't age like everyone else in the wish realm. We don't know how much of it was real and how much wasn't. I guess it does exist as an AU now. We don't know why suddenly no one seems to recognize the evil queen. In 6x11 when Regina walked into that tavern, dressed as Regina with short hair and modern clothes, everyone went running and screaming. In 6x14 when the evil queen, dressed fully as the evil queen, walked into the tavern no one noticed her. I don't know if that is part of the magic of Henry's author pen since she asked for a "fresh start" that no one there would remember her. I was actually expecting wish Robin not to remember her, but he did.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

++
Old 03-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do like those parrallels