Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, expect the worst, that's what I'm telling myself, maybe I get surprised (not that I expect anything good). It's just laughable at this point.

So dark Robin is EQ's soulmate, "whole" Robin is Regina's. You do that when you have a chance of Regina "changing" dark Robin just like Marian did.

Honestly I can't wait for this sl to be over. I love Sean but it's painful to watch. At least we'll get a sword fight between EQ and Regina.
colorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)
You do that when you have a chance of Regina "changing" dark Robin just like Marian did.
That could have been a decent story, even if they didn't end up together. At least Regina could have felt like she made a positive difference in his life. Instead they are reinforcing her belief that everyone, including wish Robin, is better off without her.

I'm ready for it to be over too. I like Sean, but I don't like this version of Robin.

Regina was awesome in this episode though, saying she would look for a way for him to leave town if that is what he wants. I'm not sure he can exist outside of SB though since he only exists by wish magic.
charming_essa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
That could have been a decent story, even if they didn't end up together. At least Regina could have felt like she made a positive difference in his life. Instead they are reinforcing her belief that everyone, including wish Robin, is better off without her.

I'm ready for it to be over too. I like Sean, but I don't like this version of Robin.

Regina was awesome in this episode though, saying she would look for a way for him to leave town if that is what he wants. I'm not sure he can exist outside of SB though since he only exists by wish magic.
There is magic outside Storybroke though. Magical objects still carry magic, as we saw with Zelena, and they were granted a wish in the real world last season when Henry got people to believe in Magic. Rumple's heart did turn black causing hima heart attack and August was turning back into wood even though people couldn't see it.

So, who knows if Wish Robin would disappear in the real world. As Regina said, he shouldn't have been able to be transported to SH in the first place. She saw it as a sign and was led to believe exactly because he was supposed to disappear. Why he did not, we still don't know, but I'm assuming that will be explained next week. If it will be acceptable, though, it's another story...
lianamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I guess this show doesn't really follow it's own rules.

After his comment last night about "brats" we can rule out the idea that he would have any interest in Roland. I know he isn't his father, but I thought he might at least be curious about him. I guess not. It doesn't seem like this Robin cares about anyone at all.

If the real Robin were here, he would punch this guy in the face.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More "Pleasurable" viewing, I see? I know this is so awful to say but can Regina please just die already? They have clearly written her not to get a HEA. And punished Robin for loving her.

At this point, I don't think I would even tune in for the series finale.
GrhmLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*sorry double post*
Old 03-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Regina's story has moved from being one of redemption to one of being tested over and over again to see how much she can withstand without going evil again. It's clear she will always be paying the price for her past. They can't seem to think of anything else to write for her, which is why I am okay if this season is the end of her story. I'm tired of them punishing her for having hope. That's all this story with wish Robin is.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think Regina's story has moved from being one of redemption to one of being tested over and over again to see how much she can withstand without going evil again. It's clear she will always be paying the price for her past. They can't seem to think of anything else to write for her, which is why I am okay if this season is the end of her story. I'm tired of them punishing her for having hope. That's all this story with wish Robin is.
It's so stupid, when you think about it. She is told, repeatedly, that she has to have hope, and the reason she was unhappy in the past and became the EQ was because she lost hope, and yet, when she does have hope, she is punished for daring to hope.

It make so much sense... NOT!

But I'm sure Eddie and Adam think it's brilliant and ironic, and how unique it is to fate a fan favorite character to never ending doom and misery...
Old 03-21-2017, 04:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Once Upon A Time

| “Regina, I can’t live up to the legacy of a man who died for you.”
++

Christine • icon:
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True - while in s2 to s3 it made sense in order to show her redemption was sincere, but this repetitive theme of testing her has been ongoing since s4. It's just beyond ridiculous now that she can't catch a break and everything is dark and depressing regardless of what she does.

Robin? Dear lord ... even Cora gets a shot at the afterlife and Robin gets poofed out of existence because he dared to love a reformed Regina.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Robin? Dear lord ... even Cora gets a shot at the afterlife and Robin gets poofed out of existence because he dared to love a reformed Regina.
I think we're supposed to assume Hades was lying, but they need to make it canon. Even if they did though, can we really be expected to believe Robin died with no unfinished business? If his soul still exists, he should be in the underworld. We saw the underworld was not for "evil" people, it was for anyone with unfinished business. Robin's son is an orphan being raised in the land without antibiotics, his daughter is being raised by a woman that Robin hates, and the woman he loves literally tore herself in half in her despair.

Thanks for gifs CityGal. I fail to see how she pressured him by taking him to a world he wanted to go to and telling him about her Robin when he was the one who kept asking questions. He misled her by acting as though he was interested when all he really wanted was a way into a new world where he could rob, drink, and womanize. Yet she is the one who feels guilty.

ETA: Just wanted to add that even though I'm not happy about this arc, I really love the real Robin and if we could see him again even for one scene, this will have been worth it.

Last edited by charming_essa; 03-21-2017 at 07:13 PM
Old 03-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone plan to turn on for this episode? I don't think I will.

It seems pretty clear, by now, that this episode will be about twisting the knife on us. I don't think I will even bother.

I feel so bad for the fans who thought "Page 23" meant something. I did, back in season 4 when it turned out, but Regina was right: It was nothing but a cruel joke at OQ fans. And to think I kept wasting my money buying their Blue Rays... Usgh!

I should have learned my lesson when they killed Neal. I shouldn't have returned when I left, and I did, because Robin had shown up, and the promise of a second chance for Regina made me come back.

I am *so* stupid! You can't have nothing in this show, unless you are a fan of the couple they chose as their main couple. As soon as any other couple starts getting attention, they have to destroy it or fade it to the background. They destroyed Rumbelle, killed Robin and put Snowing in the background, because their can't be competiotion.

It is an statement of how incompetent they are as writers/producers when they have to only write *one* couple and nothing else!

Just to be clear, I don't begrudge CS their happiness, I just wish those writers had more respect for others fanbases as well. It really isn't that hard.

Last edited by lianamed; 03-24-2017 at 09:26 AM
Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm watching mostly for the Regina/EQ confrontation and even though I don't like wish Robin, I'm curious as to how they're going to wrap up his character.

Page 23 was supposed to be a symbol of hope and we know what always happens when Regina has hope. So I expect they'll do something to ruin what page 23 represented before the arc ends.

I'm not sure if I'm going to finish out the season or not. I'll see how I feel next week. It's hard for me to stay away because even though I'm not enjoying the show itself all that much, I continue to love the way Lana portrays Regina.

Last edited by charming_essa; 03-24-2017 at 02:07 PM
Old 03-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I haven't been watching, so it won't be any different for me this episode. I'll just check in at places to see what happened from others who watched to know how Sean's arc ends. I don't expect it to be good or meaningful.

The problem with this show is if the writers didn't follow through on something at the EXACT time they throw it out there, you can forget it. Page 23 needed to be told in the season it appeared (s4). Now, it will resemble nothing to the original intention. They stopped caring about page 23 when Robin mattered no longer and they got rid of him. The same happened to Robin Hood and OQ in s4 when their story didn't get told coming right off of s3 and they got pushed to the background for the Frozen arc. So we never ended up with Robin's actual backstory pre- Maid Marian and OQ was forced into what they were doing with Frozen, which wasn't much for them. It ended up mainly just being a plot device to facilitate Zelena's return.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 03-26-2017 at 04:55 PM
Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well they set up an entire new world for the OQ fanfiction writers.

I liked the Regina/EQ scenes. It wasn't the resolution I was expecting for the split queen arc, but it worked for me.

The thing I wanted most was some resolution for the real Robin, what happened to his soul, a real goodbye for them. I didn't get any of that. She didn't even get to say goodbye to the wish Robin.

This was definitely a wrap on OQ and it felt like a bit of a wrap on Regina too. Her story has always been very focused on her internal conflict, her self loathng, dealing with the things she did in the past. It feels like she's moved past that now. I can't see what is next for her. If the series is canceled, then this is okay as an ending for her character. I wanted her with Robin, the real Robin, but since I can't have that, this is a good place to end.

ETA: I just realized there was never an explanation given for why wish Robin hadn't aged like everyone else in the wish realm. I guess we are supposed to assume it was because he was brought into existence to be the EQ's happy ending?

Last edited by charming_essa; 03-26-2017 at 08:15 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top