Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Graphics Team

^ I kind of agree with you there.
I mean I'm partly glad he's free from it, but I'm still upset. I wanted OQ to have a happy life together. I mean why get the fans so invested in OQ just to kill him off afterwards? That's just wrong.

But I do keep hoping that if OQ isn't gonna be together in ouat, then I kept thinking I would love for Sean and Lana to have a series of their own and their characters be canon there and live happily
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| It’s a letter from Robin, to me. He must have written it when he was trying to make things work with Marian, or.. your sister. So what do I do? You have to read it.
x
Old 05-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Graphics Team

That part made me cry. I was like omg that's so beautiful but so sad.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

I love how proud he was of her

RoseBennett
Old 05-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterWitch (View Post)
Yes - exactly, because it is an investment! This shipping business can be hard going lol - no but I'm serious. I lost 2 ships in a matter of 2 weeks - 2/3 years of investing in fictional charactersand then bam - death! (other was bates motel normero so sad)

And then there's Emma and Hook all happy!! Hook always comes back! and we're always left with a weeping Regina! She's now lost 2 loves. I reckon the writers really pushed it on that front. Are they going to put her with someone else now again only to destroy her life all over again?? What was the point of Robin dying? so that she could have that struggle b/n herself and the evil queen? omg! that storyline is soooo season 2 or whatever...Her and Robin and the baby and maybe she could have had a baby of her own - their family - that's hope.
About the bolded part - the writers already ripped that hope away at the end of s4. Remember they had the flashback with EQ and Cora? Regina drank the potion that made her infertile|barren so she would never have a child of her own. I thought it was a real slap in the face to our fandom to add that insult to injury after keeping OQ separate all of s4 with the Marian + Zelena drama and making Zelena pregnant by Robin Hood.

I don't know if they will put Regina with someone else, I personally think there is not enough time or future seasons left to develop it. Plus, they seem to be pushing this concept that her happy ending should be herself, this is only being pushed for Regina while everybody else gets a HE with a romantic true love.

Zimane: As much as I love Regina, I agree Lana deserves better for the writing material just like Sean. At this point, it would have been better for her to have just died and been reunited with Daniel in the afterlife because I cringe at what they might have in store for the finality or conclusion of her character.

That letter was bittersweet.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

They seriously could have handled this differently. If they wanted to split Regina that badly.. then have her be hit by the Olympus crystal..at the last second she threw up a shield that deflected some of it - but what did get through her shield is slowly killing her. In order to get more time to figure out how to reverse what Hades did, they figure they will split Regina's spirit from her body - that way her spirit stays behind for certain. They get a hold of Jekyll & Hyde's potion thinking it will do it - but instead it splits Regina in two - physically so that you get Regina and EQ...as they wanted. Is that too hard to ask? Robin Hood wouldn't have to die.

Bonus) EQ Regina still finds herself attracted to Robin Hood and intends to fight Mayor Regina for him. XD
Old 05-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Graphics Team

^ I lol'd at the last part..
Yeah some people are saying it would be interesting if the EQ would pose as Regina. I thought that would've been interesting.. especially if Robin ended up knowing that's not his Regina. I mean cuz ya know true love and being soul mates and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I love how proud he was of her
Me too!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:21 AM
Absolute Fan

My enthusiasm for talking about show itself is somewhat limited , and you all already expressed much of my what I feel with regards to the recent turn of events extremely well already, but two things worth mentioning:

Baker's Dozen, which started out as one of the most popular alternative universe OQ fics, will be released as an original novel this month.

And our fab fandom is currently organizing an OQ centric virtual season 4 that's set to fix much of what went wrong on the actual show.

Quote:

Dearly beloved, members of the OQ fandom, we are gathered here today… to kick off Operation Outlaw Queen: The OQ AU Project!

It’s clear that a lot of us are heartbroken after a long season of unbalanced angst and our “missing archer.” Many haven’t been happy with the direction of Regina and Robin’s story for even longer. But together, we can rewind the story, fudge a few events here, erase a misguided story choice there, and create an alternate universe where we explore what could have been.

Have you heard of the Voyager Virtual Season Project? Because that’s what the OQ AU Project was inspired by.

We’ve got an amazing team of writers, artists, vidders, playlist connoisseurs, and organizers set to give you a season four alternative universe that picks up before the infamous diner scene at the end of season three, but we need your help! This au needs a few guidelines. We’ve put together a survey to help determine the basic parameters and get all of our writers on the same page. The following link will be open for the next week. That means you have until TUESDAY, MAY 24TH to cast your vote for Operation Outlaw Queen!

Get polling, people!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SW3YKCB
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 05-21-2016, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rina, thanks for sharing that link and information, that is so awesome that the OQ fandom is coming together for such a project. If anybody doubted, it has been a popular, dedicated, and passionate fanbase. Not to mention 'patient' which sadly backfired on us. But it would not be the first time I turned to fanfic or a virtual season rewrite to have closure for a favorite character or pairing, lol. Come to think of it, I can not recall one series I watched where my favorite character or couple came through the show intact or unscathed. When s3 first broached OQ, I thought I was finally looking at an exception since it was a show steeped in fairytales, hope, and happy endings. Guess I was wrong again.

Now is that survey just for potential writers or any OQ fan to submit their insights?

I never came across the OQ version of Baker's Dozen but that is amazing that somebody's writing warranted it's own publishing - although I know the character names would have needed to be altered.

About s6, I think a 'bait and switch' scenario for Regina and EQ is an obvious twist they might explore but I agree it would have carried deeper storyline significance had Robin been there as a character to support and pick up on the differences. It would have been a way to highlight further how far Regina has come and bring us back to Regina's s4 declaration to Robin Hood that only Robin and Henry truly believed in her. If Robin could have been the first to pick up on the difference, absolutely.

I just cringe to the idea of ever watching the other main couples all united when Regina got screwed over in that writing department.

I know there are some Regina fans sticking onboard for next season because it appears to highlight Regina. I wish those fans the best but I honestly think it's just a misdirect. So-called Regina arcs tend to turn into Emma arcs or Charming family arcs etc.. I think it appears that there will be heavy Regina focus but a lot of the plot will likely revolve around Hyde and his dealings with Mr. Gold over Belle. Maybe EQ will team up with Hyde, maybe not. I just think they are limited on how much they can actually do with Regina's current arc when they need to focus on the other main characters too.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-21-2016 at 07:23 AM
Old 05-22-2016, 04:39 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news Koda

RoseBennett
Old 05-22-2016, 05:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you from me too. The fan fiction writers are so good. Maybe they can make it hurt less.

For me it is still not only that Robin died. It makes me so sad that the writers singled him out because they gave him the worst fate of all their characters ever.

He did not only die. His soul was destroyed.

No chance for him to have a happy ending even in the after life with no soul. I don't understand what he has done to the writers to deserve this.

How can they say they write a show about hope when a good man and a father like Robin gets this fate. When the only stories they can write for Regina is her suffering.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
My enthusiasm for talking about show itself is somewhat limited , and you all already expressed much of my what I feel with regards to the recent turn of events extremely well already, but two things worth mentioning:

Baker's Dozen, which started out as one of the most popular alternative universe OQ fics, will be released as an original novel this month.

And our fab fandom is currently organizing an OQ centric virtual season 4 that's set to fix much of what went wrong on the actual show.

Quote:
Dearly beloved, members of the OQ fandom, we are gathered here today… to kick off Operation Outlaw Queen: The OQ AU Project!

It’s clear that a lot of us are heartbroken after a long season of unbalanced angst and our “missing archer.” Many haven’t been happy with the direction of Regina and Robin’s story for even longer. But together, we can rewind the story, fudge a few events here, erase a misguided story choice there, and create an alternate universe where we explore what could have been.

Have you heard of the Voyager Virtual Season Project? Because that’s what the OQ AU Project was inspired by.

We’ve got an amazing team of writers, artists, vidders, playlist connoisseurs, and organizers set to give you a season four alternative universe that picks up before the infamous diner scene at the end of season three, but we need your help! This au needs a few guidelines. We’ve put together a survey to help determine the basic parameters and get all of our writers on the same page. The following link will be open for the next week. That means you have until TUESDAY, MAY 24TH to cast your vote for Operation Outlaw Queen!

Get polling, people!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SW3YKCB
Thanks for all that info Rina I love Baker's Dozen.

And it's really great that the OQ fandom is putting this project together.
Can't wait to see what's in store.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
If anybody doubted, it has been a popular, dedicated, and passionate fanbase. Not to mention 'patient' which sadly backfired on us.
It's definitely one of the best fandoms I've ever been a part of and that's what makes everything even sadder in a way. Maybe we ultimately weren't loud and aggressive enough in our support for ABC's or Adam and Eddy's tastes, who knows, but just like Sean and Lana the fans certainly deserved better than empty words, promises that never lead to anything and a completely rushed, cruel end to their story. Even if the writers lost interest in Robin and Regina for whatever reason, I'd expected them to at least close their chapter in a respectful manner, but 5b felt like a slap in the face for everyone who cared about them. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that they paid Sean for every single episode of the season, but flat-out refused to use him even for group scenes and came up with flimsy reasons why he didn't appear in a lot of eps at all. Who does that? Very, very sad. Especially thinking back to how excited we were when Sean was upped to series regular for s5. *sigh*

Quote:
I just cringe to the idea of ever watching the other main couples all united when Regina got screwed over in that writing department.
It's a very unfortunate writing choice on many levels because it's easy to see how it would further frustration and resentment within the fandom when we can spend dozens of episodes on rescuing other characters, one of them even from actual death, with the writers and the characters babbling on about hope and the power of true love and what-not, but Robin's reward for helping his friends and family is having his soul obliterated and Regina has to bury yet another true love; her so-called second chance. I certainly don't wish anyone still watching this show any ill as far as their favorites are concerned, but it does seem like ONCE is ultimately a show about hope only if you're invested in a selected group of characters.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 05-24-2016, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I agree, I didn't think Robin had to die.

Personally, I think it would have been interesting if he would be around in season 6 because of this whole Evil Queen stuff. I mean, Robin's never really seen what Regina was like as the Evil Queen. He knows and has heard about the EQ, but he hasn't met her. That's an interesting story I would want to watch right there!

Just imagining the kinds of funny faces Sean would give us, reacting to the Evil Queen, is priceless.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Graphics Team

^ He does know some of her, atleast from when they met in the EF in s3. But that of course wasn't Regina fully as the EQ as she wasn't mass murdering people then. So yes it would've been far more interesting to see him experience what it's like to be in the presence of the EQ in her full darkness.