Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Fans who ship the real persons, the actors and not only the characters scare me. It's creepy. They are real people with real lives. The most of the actors from OUaT are married, have families. This week on Twitter I saw a posting from a photographer from Vancouver who became very angry because a fan of OUaT send him a message where they wanted him to confirm that two actors from this show are together in a secret affair although one is married and has a baby. It is weird to me how you can be a fan and want your favorite actor to break up with wife or husband, leave their children.

I think you are right and when the actors see things like this or when they see that their friends are bashed and attacked all the time they lose the interest to interact with the fans. It's sad because the bad behavior of a few affects all the fans. It made me sad too when some fans of OQ attacked Sean and Christie when they were at the convention together in Miami. They were only 3 who send the tweets. But if I were an actor and I would see tweets like theirs it would discourage me. Some can be so mean.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

couldn't agree more. Like I said, those people are a small minority of the whole fandom, yet they are extremely vocal, thus making all of us look crazy and bad. It's disgusting that people like these have no limits nor any sense of dignity. To even imply internal affairs between two actors when almost all of them have their respective families is just plain crazy! I just hope that the actors know where to hit the block button and how this will make their lives a lot easier.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimane (View Post)
It made me sad too when some fans of OQ attacked Sean and Christie when they were at the convention together in Miami. They were only 3 who send the tweets. But if I were an actor and I would see tweets like theirs it would discourage me. Some can be so mean.
I know it's extremely hard and I was this close to replying a few times too, but I think the best way to go about these things is to ignore such people. If they get attention from the rest of the fandom, it usually only encourages them to continue. Like you said, during the Magic City weekend it was always the same few people and if Christie and Sean did see any of it (busy days for them, after all) they could have taken care of it by muting or blocking them. But if lots of other fans respond to their tweets and keep Sean and Christie tagged... well, makes it harder to ignore it.

Real life shipping is certainly one of the more cringeworthy, second-hand embarrassment inducing phenomenons. I've seen some of the RC/EdR stuff too and I know it's happening in at least two other corners of the fandom, but I always try to ignore these people as well. Twitter does make that a bit harder than Tumblr too, but I've stopped feeling bad about muting/blocking fans who repeatedly cross lines in their interactions with the cast and crew in whatever form. Like Rhonwen said, Twitter is not the most fun place to hang out unless you zip yourself up in a safe fandom bubble and every fandom plays its part in that.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 01-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

oh good Lord, you mean to say that they are not just doing it with Bobby and Emilie?? They do it with others as well??? Thank God, until now I haven't come across any RL shippers for Lana and Sean! I love their friendship and how comfortable they are with each other, but I'm mostly a fan of these people's happiness, and luckily they have both found their true loves in two gorgeous human beings, that are Tanya and Fred.

During the con there were indeed a couple of peeps constantly moaning about the fact that Sean and Christie shared a panel. Unfortunately, even if these two didn't notice those tweets, Chris Lewis and Tanya as well did and they even responded to them... It's sad that negativity has spread into our side of the fandom as well... Too sad, imo.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 01-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Absolute Fan

I am happy because before today I never heard of real person shippings before. Maybe it is because the Outlaw Queen fans like Fred and Tanya veeery much.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Maybe it is because the Outlaw Queen fans like Fred and Tanya veeery much.
True, but then again I doubt it's very different among the vast majority of fans in other fandoms. I tend to think of RL shipping as something that's limited to the dark corners of online fandoms.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

This photo makes me melt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Absolute Fan

I love the picture too! Maybe we can get a new one with all 4 from Brazil!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

oh yeah yeah!!! We'll ask for a couples (and baby ) selfie!

Old 01-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I even saw a Colin/Jen fanfic where they were having an affair. I mostly try to not pay attention to people who ship RL couples
Old 01-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Lana Parrilla
Old 01-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Omg... that edit.... (...where's the I"m dead it killed me emojii?? haha)
Old 01-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

real person ship? thats a thing? ahhhh I cant wait until march 1. still seems so far away. going thru OUAT withdrawals!I hate these long hiatuses.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawqueen16 (View Post)
going thru OUAT withdrawals!I hate these long hiatuses.
Me too. We are finally past the halfway point, but it still seems to be taking forever.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

4 more Sundays without OUAT... 5 weeks till the new epi and God knows how many more till Robin is back! Ugh, it really is taking forever...