Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
Well said, Maggie. [IMG]It's also not really fair to Sean, I think, since he has to create his own context and mindset for scenes like Robin's conversations with Neal and Regina respectively about Marian in season 3. He doesn't have much to go on in canon anyway and now the writers took what little he, too, must have thought had been established about his character's past, turned it upside down and still didn't give Robin a centric to create a more solid foundation of backstory for him either. Very frustrating.
This! Rina, I totally agree. From some of the things Sean has said about Robin in interviews, I can see how he's worked out Robin's emotions and motivations from the dialog and actions in the scripts. How confusing it must be as an actor, when you've worked all that out, to have following scripts negate what came before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
<snip> Despite the Snow Queen ending her Shattered Sight spell and killing herself, despite Elsa removing the snow wall around Storybrooke, Marian remained affected by the Snow Queen's spell; forcing her, Robin and Roland to leave Storybrooke in one of the series' most contrived and rushed storylines.
Exactly!!! The "wrap up" in the midseason finale for this Marian SL happened so fast it felt like: "oh boy we've got to get this story off stage, so let's zoom through what should be episodes of emotional development and be done with it."
Old 01-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I agree! The whole thing felt so rushed that I actually thought I was running while it played out! One moment Marian is still unconcious and Regina puts her heart back, the next they are all in the park and after one second of happiness Marian collapses again... and then IMMEDIATELY we are in the townline and Robin bids Regina goodbye??? What the hell was that??? I don't think we've seen anything this rushed before and I as a fan felt offended, because it really gives you the impression that the writers just wanted to be done with it and move on to the rest of the episode.

For our next thread's title... How about we take the irony road and use Marian's words "He's in love with you Regina and I think you're in love with him"?

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Agree with what others have said in regards to the last episode. It was as if they suddenly remembered that Marian was still frozen and something needed to be done about that, but they weren't ready for Robin and Regina to be together yet, so they just woke her up and sent she and Robin out of town because they couldn't think of what else to do with them. It was very rushed, I expected much more. They could have at least given them enough screen time for it to have played out over the length of the episode, but instead it was all over in the first half.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
For our next thread's title... How about we take the irony road and use Marian's words "He's in love with you Regina and I think you're in love with him"?
I like this idea!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree! The whole thing felt so rushed that I actually thought I was running while it played out! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
It was as if they suddenly remembered that Marian was still frozen and something needed to be done about that(
you guys gave me a chuckle! hah thanks
Old 01-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ok with me!
Old 01-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Absolute Fan

We are close to wrapping the thread now!
Old 01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

OQ all the way
Old 01-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

so is anyone up to creating the next thread? I will do it, if no one else wants to, but I don't want to take the pleasure of my fellow shippers, especially if there is anyone who wants to try it

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 01-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Thread is almost done
Old 01-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure one of you will manage fine, but poke me or Rho if you need a hand opening a new thread.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm always willing to open new threads, I just asked in case someone else wanted to give it a go. If not, then I'll go right ahead and do it But thanks anyway Cam!

Old 01-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

So we need to kill this thread?
Old 01-13-2015, 04:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Only two more posts now! Let's do this!

Old 01-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Here to help kill the thread!