Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Amazing scenes tonight The tension and the angst and I adored how he told her he loves her. His face when Regina said "TLK" and then it didn't work! HA! Guess his love for Marian is dunzo Love that he told Regina that he loves her and her face when he did Also Regina was the epitome of selflessness tonight. She's come so far and I couldn't be a prouder fan.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 10-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Extreme Fan

I just love the fact that Robin said TLK didn't work because he loves Regina :-)
REGINA was awesome tonight, I think its the end for Marion unless she secretly has another true love that can save her.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

loved them tonight and that scene <3

yeah I had a feeling it didn't work

{}
Old 10-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

After reading all the comments here I'm looking forward to the Regina/Robin scenes when I finally see the latest episode.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

thansk for the new thread. i know I said I would be here in my lunchbreak but I just couldnt wait anymore and its breakfast

looooooved OQ this episode. i just wish they had more screentime. but well I am glad TLK didnt work haha. take that Marian wonder what she will do when she gets to know about this. although i am pretty sure she will stay frozen for a bit now

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-13-2014, 02:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved OQ scenes in this episode, I love that Robin apologized for dragging Regina into this because he knows how painful it is to her, I love that he trusts her and it's great to see how much they both respect each other.

But, first of all, they aren't getting nearly enough screentime and I don't like how this was basically a repeat of episode 1, they still haven't discussed anything beyond "I love you, but I have to stay with Marian". Regina "saved" Marian again, Robin told her he loves her, again, and they both know he'll stay with his wife. Again. It's like they froze this storyline along with Marian.

Speaking of Marian, bringing her back from the past was the most pointless, dumb decision A&E have ever made, mostly because they're not doing anything with it. They created all sorts of potential conflicts in the finale, but now it's all about Robin's honor that won't allow him to divorce Marian. I like individual OQ scenes, but overall I'm very disappointed with how they're handling this storyline, especially with how they're treating Marian. To be fair, I don't really care about her character, but that doesn't mean I like that she's nothing more than an obstacle for OQ and nobody's even pretending that she's anymore than that. However, I hope her part in OQ storyline will be over soon. Not that I have anything against her character, but every OQ interaction is about Marian and that is getting tiresome and it's only episode 3.

That said, I like that Robin isn't leading Regina on and he's honest with her. They both know where things stand.

I'm curious tho, how long will Marian be frozen? If it's for several episodes, then OQ will be stuck on "I love you but I can't be with you" because Robin won't really be with Marian to realize that this isn't working.

Icon by Koda
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

I love how mature this relationship is. I love what they did with this sl so far. But yes i'm pissed that this sl is on hold for Frozen and CS and we have to basically wait for 4B to get more of them.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

The short scenes that we got with them were amazing. Lana & Sean portrayed Robin & Regina's inner turmoil perfectly. I'm so proud of Regina, as a fan, of her character growth. The old Regina wouldn't have went out of her way to save Marian. It shows how much she values Robin. All of their longing looks were everything.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Extreme Fan

So many things with this SL (Bringing Marian from the past) are wrong. It's not a triangle, not really, because in order to be a triangle, Robin should have to be torn, and he isn't. Not really. He knows how he feels, but his decision is made, and he is not going back on it. And by keeping Marian frozen, the show is stating: "and this is how it is", not allowing this situation to evolve or change.

So, basically, Marian is nothing but the obstacle. She doesn't have a POV of the situation (like Abigail had, for example), besides "Regina is a monster. And how could you let son near her!" We don't know if her and Robin are getting along. In fact, we barelly saw them interact, and when they did, the only thing I notice was a distant, polite Robin, who was near her, by her side, dutily concerned the town could be something shocking to her, but nothing more than that. We didn't see how Marian felt about this distance, though we saw how uncomfortable she felt when Roland mentioned Regina's name.

I'm not a fan of triangles, but don't they usually concern all 3 people involved? I'm forced to agree they are treating Marian as an obstacle to be overcome, not as a person, and I'm not sure I like it. It's not even about the Not TLK, because it was less worst than I thought it would be, though still unecessary. At least Marian was unconscious, didn't know what was happened, and everyone around thought the reason it didn't work was something else, so, no humiliation, at least.

I'm still not certain why Robin feels he has to constantly tell Regina, each episode, that he loves her but has to saty with his wife. At this point, it almost sounds as if he is trying to get her to convince him otherwise.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I'm still not certain why Robin feels he has to constantly tell Regina, each episode, that he loves her but has to saty with his wife. At this point, it almost sounds as if he is trying to get her to convince him otherwise.
I have to agree. When he told her that in the break up scene, it was great that he assured her that what they had was real. But now he's made his choice and as much as I liked that scenes, if he intends to give him and his wife a real chance, he needs to stop telling Regina that he loves her.

I have no idea where they're going with this because by freezing Marian, they stopped any natural progression of her relationship with Robin, any realizations that Robin staying with her out of obligations just isn't what either of them want or deserve. In the meantime they risk making OQ very off-putting, if Robin keeps telling Regina that he loves her while his wife, who still has no clue about how he really feels, is dying.

I hate love triangles, but I think I dislike what they're doing here even more because it's starting to look like we're all just supposed to wait for The Obstacle to die because her presence is the only thing keeping Robin and Regina apart.

I hate what they're doing because Robin and Regina's relationship on its own is so great, they respect each other and love each other so much... but this thing with Marian is practically ruining their scenes.

Icon by Koda
Old 10-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Look, I hate this triangle as much as everyone here, and the fact that they are putting this situation on ice because they don't have a 2-hour-episodes show and they can't squeeze everything in is bothering the crap out of me. But I strongly believe that there must be some masterplan behind this, other than to accomodate Frozen and a couple other things...

As for Robin, I believe that this is his way of showing that this mess is not hard only for Regina but it is for him as well. He has his dead wife back, a woman he cared about immensely in the past and needs to honour his vows to her, but his life has moved on. He wants Regina to know that she is not alone in the suffering it has caused them. His honesty is everything, IMO. He is clear when it comes to his emotions, he loves her, that's it, but as much as he wants to, he can't act on that because he can't be that guy! I remember that one thing I disliked in the David/Snow/Kathryn love triangle was that David kept leading MM on and then he let her down, after making her have hope that something would happen between them. That triangle backfired and David was the victim because he came out as a jerk of shorts. This time is different. Robin does tell Regina clearly that he loves her, but he doesn't lead her on. And that's what strengthens her appreciation and love for him as well.

I want to believe that Regina will be torn now that she holds Marian's heart in her hands and possibly the Snow Queen will try to entice her to embrace her old Evil self and get rid of Marian now that she can. But in the end her love for Robin will lead her to a selfless act and possibly that will be the act of true love that will break the spell. But that's just my theory. But based on the promise Regina made to Robin, that she will find a cure (and she wants to do it for him and for him only, not for Marian), I think it's a quite plausible theory.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 10-13-2014, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some others have basically touched upon some of my issues regarding the direction here in their own words.

I was fine with most of the OQ interactions until 1) they went the stupid TLK route that failed (which made no sense to try since Robin is admitting he knows the block is because he is in love with Regina) and then 2) Robin's redundant admission from the premiere about honoring his vows to his wife and reassuring Regina how he feels about her .... I'm just, ugh, blah. Do they even know how they want to write for OQ at this point?

I think I need to take a break from here for a bit. I am going to continue watching for Regina and her awesome budding relationship with Henry, and some other characters, but the way they are handling OQ is very poorly in my opinion. I just feel bad because I do not feel this urge to gush over what they are throwing us. Someone used the term off putting and that is how I would describe it. Others may not think so, and that is fine, but I think the Frozen arc is taking over and has put this important dynamic on the backburner. The way things were first developed for OQ, in 3a & 3b, it feels like the current writing is letting the intensity that was there fizzle out.

*sighs* Anyway, the only good thing I am taking away from this so far is Regina's development. The fact that she stepped up in Marian's best interests speaks volumes and I love our girl for it. I feel bad for her and Marian the most admist all this bad drama that they stuck poor Robin smack dab in the middle of.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-13-2014 at 05:34 AM
Old 10-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
The short scenes that we got with them were amazing. Lana & Sean portrayed Robin & Regina's inner turmoil perfectly. I'm so proud of Regina, as a fan, of her character growth. The old Regina wouldn't have went out of her way to save Marian. It shows how much she values Robin. All of their longing looks were everything.
When i remember how selfish she was before, this is a huge step for her. When Regina loves, she loves deeply and i adore seeing her "in love".

Quote:
Look, I hate this triangle as much as everyone here, and the fact that they are putting this situation on ice because they don't have a 2-hour-episodes show and they can't squeeze everything in is bothering the crap out of me. But I strongly believe that there must be some masterplan behind this, other than to accomodate Frozen and a couple other things...
I'm sure there is, if it's not in 4A then in 4B for sure.

As for this not being a triangle, well Adam said it's not and no one believed him. This is first and foremost Regina's story. In one way it's Robin's too. I understand Marian has feelings too but they are clear to everyone. I don't like it, i want her to get a happy ending too but i'm focused on OQ and Regina and Robin.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked the scenes last night, I like the story. I don't mind that Marian is an obstacle.

I would like the show better if they had not brought in all these characters from Frozen and the Knave. All of them take away from the characters that are most important. Without them the story would not have to go on hold. They would have time for flashbacks to Robin's and Marian's past.

But it's like it is. I like Regina and I like Robin, they are the ones I care about, their story is the one I want to see.

I don't want Marian to die, I hope she can find her happy ending too. But I'm happy the writers are clear about Robin's feelings and I think when they break the ice curse on Marian he will talk to Marian. He will realize staying with her when his heart is with Regina is not good for him and Marian deserves better too.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Some others have basically touched upon some of my issues regarding the direction here in their own words.

I was fine with most of the OQ interactions until 1) they went the stupid TLK route that failed (which made no sense to try since Robin is admitting he knows the block is because he is in love with Regina)
You know, Robin trying to kiss Marian, I can understand. First, because I think he honestly was willing to try anything to save her, and he didn't stop to think about it. I am not even sure if he hasn't been telling himself, after he decided to break up with Regina, that he HAD to love his wife. or even that whatever he felt, in the past must be still there. He could have been telling himself, since his last talk with Regina, that he had let go...

It would be human, even natural to try to fool yourself about this. If you really think about it, it must be terrible to be with someone you used to love so much, and simply don't feel the same, while pining for someone else. He could be honestly trying to believe he still loved his wife, and that whatever he felt for Regina couldn't be that Strong since they haven't been together for that long.

For all we know, the failed TLK could have been what brought home the fact that him trying with Marian wasn't working, and that he was unable to fall in love with Marian again.

I don't think the idea that the kiss wouldn't work even crossed Robin's mind. It didn't even crossed Regina's, actually. Yes, he looked at Regina with worry, but I don't think it was because he was afraid it would not work. I think he was concerned for her.

However, I do think it would have make a great difference if they had Robin admit he had fooled himself into believing he still felt that same way towards his wife, but he didn't. In fact, he could have told Regina that, and even elaborate he feels terrible he doesn't love her enough for it to work, and leave it like that.

So, even though I feel the failed TLK wasn't necessary, I don't blame Robin for trying. If there was no other way, he should try to save her. It seems pretty clear that Roland doesn't love his mother enough yet for his kiss to work either, so, who else? I do, however, not like him telling Regina he loves her and repeating his mantra that he can't leave his wife.

I get the guy is probably feeling even more guilty for not being able to love his wife enough for TLK to save her, and he probably feels he is letting both her and his son down, because he couldn't even do that for her. I get he is unhappy, miserable, tired, and probably vulnerable. I even get he needs desperatly to talk about him, to get this guilt and pain out for a bit. But of all the people he could choose to share his burden, Regina is the least appropriate, because, no matter how many times he states he has to stay with his wife, every single time he tells her he loves her, he is giving her hope. He has friends, several in fact. They should have shown him talking to them about it, not to Regina. In fact, they could have shown him talking to David. It's not like they haven't become close in the EF, because we saw they did. But NOT Regina. Seriously.

Quote:
I think I need to take a break from here for a bit. I am going to continue watching for Regina and her awesome budding relationship with Henry, and some other characters, but the way they are handling OQ is very poorly in my opinion. I just feel bad because I do not feel this urge to gush over what they are throwing us. Someone used the term off putting and that is how I would describe it. Others may not think so, and that is fine, but I think the Frozen arc is taking over and has put this important dynamic on the backburner. The way things were first developed for OQ, in 3a & 3b, it feels like the current writing is letting the intensity that was there fizzle out.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can understand how you feel. The writers want to play with their new toy (*Frozen*) and this idea they have to relate it to Emma and Hook's relationship, and they are, literally *freezing* the triangle to deal with it later on the season, probably for several reasons. One of them being the actress who plays Marian having other commitments besides OUAT, and the others probably being related to not having enough time to deal with all different characters and plots. And that is why they are going with this.

*Sigh*

Quote:
*sighs* Anyway, the only good thing I am taking away from this so far is Regina's development. The fact that she stepped up in Marian's best interests speaks volumes and I love our girl for it. I feel bad for her and Marian the most admist all this bad drama that they stuck poor Robin smack dab in the middle of.
Regina has appointed herself Marian's savior, and I'm loving it. And that's why I'm certain Marian is not going to die. I think Regina will save her.