Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

listening to Sean say (once again) that Robin has fallen in love with Regina, is just SO DAMN GOOD!! Like I said in the Prince of Thieves thread, Sean just gave us one more possible title for future threads

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

It's clear she's an obstacle, i just wish they came up with something else, not with long lost dead wife coming back. I don't care as long as they don't ruin OQ and don't drag it out for too long.

Quote:
listening to Sean say (once again) that Robin has fallen in love with Regina, is just SO DAMN GOOD!! Like I said in the Prince of Thieves thread, Sean just gave us one more possible title for future threads
It makes me happy because if he's already in love with Regina, there's no way he can stay with Marian for long. And even though Lana and Sean know nothing about season 4 they were clearly told to promote OQ and what to say.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

^ Yep. And if OQ are being promoted we know who'll end up together But it's not gonna be easy.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 07-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

It definitely won't be easy, but the fact that they keep promoting them is a good sign. They would be quiet or deflect from the subject if things were going to be a dead end.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorblind (View Post)

It makes me happy because if he's already in love with Regina, there's no way he can stay with Marian for long. And even though Lana and Sean know nothing about season 4 they were clearly told to promote OQ and what to say.
Yep, if Robin and Regina weren't "in love" yet, I'm sure Sean and Lana would've been advised not to mention it but it's quite the contrary. Convention-wise OQ has been the couple that has been most heavily promoted so far (namely thanks to Sean and Lana )
Old 07-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Interesting explanation about cons:

I think the confusion stems from the fact that people assume that every convention is affiliated with ABC, but there are two very different kinds of cons. Under the read more is boring cons explanation.

The small conventions (those include Spooky Empire, Fairy Tale Con in France, Oz Comic Con) are FOR-PROFIT businesses. They get to decide which guests to invite, and the actors are free to choose to attend or refuse the invitation. If they choose to attend, they get paid handsomely for it. The cons will invite actors based on 1) which ones they think will bring paying guests and 2) which actors are willing to go (for example, you will probably never find Robert Carlyle or MRJ at one of those). ABC has nothing to do with it. If a con thinks Sleepy is the one dwarf that will bring all the paying fans to their con, they’ll invite Sleepy and ABC can do nothing about it, even if they want to promote Grumpy because he’ll have a big storyline next season.

San Diego Comic Con (important: Oz Comic Con and SD Comic Con are completely different, even though they have the same name) is a non-profit. They don’t pay any actors to be there. The network pays to bring the actors there, pays for their airfare and hotel, etc. So since they’re paying for it, they will only pay for the actors they want to promote. Also, the actors don’t have a choice in being there (barring important issues, like Ginny staying home with the baby). Robert doesn’t like conventions but being at CC is part of his contract, so he has to be there.

Here’s how you can usually determine which cons are ABC-approved and which ones aren’t: the ABC-approved ones have press. San Diego Comic Con and New York Comic Con all have official press interviews. Oz Comic Con, Spooky Empire, etc. don’t. Also, at SD CC you don’t have to pay for an autograph with the cast, it’s free (but you may not get one, because it’s random)

Source

— Tyrion Lannister
Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

That is quite interesting. I knew that SDCC was affiliated with the network, because there are way too many formalities and they always go and even show new stuff. Judging by what comes up in SDCC and what the actors will say (mainly Lana, since she will be the only one representing our ship there) we will know if ABC truly wants to promote OQ or not. Bummer....

BUT, in all fairness, no matter what the event, from all I know, the actors always have to consult with their producers on what they can talk about. Darley had also given us some information about scripted answers in formal interviews etc. I want to hope that what was told during FT2 were not just empty words and that there is indeed hope for OQ (although, there is absolutely no doubt that both Lana and Sean are supporters of the pairing, which is a good thing by itself).

Also, I want to go to the SDCC so badly!! They say it's price is very reasonable and you even get to choose which day(s) you want to attend. And, like the article says, photos and autographs are free. Oh boy, if only I lived in the states....

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 07-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)

BUT, in all fairness, no matter what the event, from all I know, the actors always have to consult with their producers on what they can talk about. Darley had also given us some information about scripted answers in formal interviews etc. I want to hope that what was told during FT2 were not just empty words and that there is indeed hope for OQ (although, there is absolutely no doubt that both Lana and Sean are supporters of the pairing, which is a good thing by itself).
Yes I would think that they would need to go to the big bosses and tell them that they're attending a Con for the show (regardless of whether or not they're ABC-affiliated) and are given jurisdiction on what they can or cannot say. Especially with A&E who are known to keep things tight-lipped.

Chris - I'm saving money to attend next year's SDCC. All the tickets have been sold out the last time I checked so I can't even attend at the last min if I wanted to Hopefully, by next year, Sean will be attending because he would've been promoted to regular before the end of Season 4
Old 07-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Master Fan

I am very interested to hear what Sean has to say in his interview next week. I know he won't be able to really tell us anything, but at this point he has seen at least one, possibly two, scripts. So if his tone reamains unchanged and he continues to talk about how Robin is in love with Regina, I will feel very encouraged knowing he is still saying that after having seen a couple of scripts.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

They normally get the script for the next episode a couple of days before wrapping up the previous one, so by Tuesday I don't think he will have read ep.2, since they will finish shooting 4x01 on Friday. But you are correct, judging by what he will say now that he probably has read the script for the premiere, we could get a glimpse into his knowledge. I already mailed the girls a couple of questions, did you guys do it as well?

Jade, my plan is to go to Vancouver next year, possibly around this time, and travel to San Diego as well for the CC. That is if I, like Chandler says, start crapping money . But really, I will try my best to get the money to be there. And yeah, let's hope that Sean will have been made a regular by then! There is a priority thing going on with the tickets, but I will have to ask a friend of mine for further details.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Correct. Even if a Con is not promoted or affiliated with a network the actors still have to obtain permission for what they can and cannot speak about.
One thing that writer left out, which is the most likely reason for Sean attending so many Cons, is the actors are encouraged by the Network and the Creators to attend the Cons. It gives the actors, as well as the show, publicity. Publicity that they are paid for. So in all likelihood they were encouraged to talk about Robin Hood and Regina's relationship, because right now that is a topic that is on everyone's mind, lips, etc.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I am very interested to hear what Sean has to say in his interview next week. I know he won't be able to really tell us anything, but at this point he has seen at least one, possibly two, scripts. So if his tone reamains unchanged and he continues to talk about how Robin is in love with Regina, I will feel very encouraged knowing he is still saying that after having seen a couple of scripts.
Yes, even if he won't be giving away much, we'll probably be able to glean some insight from his tone of voice when talking about OQ. Perhaps he'll sound even more excited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darley1101 (View Post)
One thing that writer left out, which is the most likely reason for Sean attending so many Cons, is the actors are encouraged by the Network and the Creators to attend the Cons. It gives the actors, as well as the show, publicity.
Good point!

Chris, Vancouver too!? Maybe I'll save up money for that as well.. Not quite sure how the priority thing works either. I tried going to the Comic Con in New York last year but same thing happened..was sold out and the ones on Ebay were crazy expensive.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dark_Angel*4eva (View Post)
Yes, even if he won't be giving away much, we'll probably be able to glean some insight from his tone of voice when talking about OQ. Perhaps he'll sound even more excited...

Good point!

Chris, Vancouver too!? Maybe I'll save up money for that as well.. Not quite sure how the priority thing works either. I tried going to the Comic Con in New York last year but same thing happened..was sold out and the ones on Ebay were crazy expensive.
I like the idea of a trip to Vancouver. It might actually be more fun than a Con if we are able to time it so we can see them filming!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

lol I also plan to go to vancouver next year maybe we could all meet up and go together. If I had known about some friends plans I would be on the plan right about now they are on their way for 3 weeks now. sniff. but yes next year. although comic con would also be pretty damn great but I heard that the tickets are sold out the day they are online lol

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 07-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Evil Regalღ (View Post)
lol I also plan to go to vancouver next year maybe we could all meet up and go together. If I had known about some friends plans I would be on the plan right about now they are on their way for 3 weeks now. sniff. but yes next year. although comic con would also be pretty damn great but I heard that the tickets are sold out the day they are online lol
Yes, you almost have to know someone to get the tickets.