Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Our Decay {5.16} - Episode Discussion

Our Decay {5.16} Episode Discussion

“Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, April 3rd (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

AFTER LANDING IN THE UNDERWORLD, ZELENA ESCAPES AND BELLE RECEIVES SOME SHOCKING NEWS, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Greg Germann Guest Stars as Hades and Teri Reeves as Dorothy

“Our Decay” — Emma, Snow, David, Regina, Robin, Henry and Hook continue to search for a way to free everyone from the Underworld. At the mercy of Hades, Gold creates a portal to Storybrooke, which transports Belle, Zelena and Baby Hood to the Underworld. While Zelena and Regina get into a sibling squabble, Belle is reunited with Rumple only to learn some tremendously shocking news that will change her life forever. Meanwhile, Snow and David hopelessly attempt to send a message from the Underworld to their son, Neal. In flashbacks, Hades learns about Zelena’s very special spell and pays her a visit in Oz with the intention of striking an alliance, but finds himself with more than just a partner in crime, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, APRIL 3 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest stars include Keegan Connor Tracy as Blue Fairy, Emma Caulfield as Blind Witch, Teri Reeves as Dorothy, and Greg Germann as Hades.

“Our Decay” was written by Tse Chun and Dana Horgan, and directed by Steve Pearlman.

This program will be assigned a TV parental guideline closer to its airdate.

ABC

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • You may not like everything about the episode. Please try to be constructive when posting a critical comment.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Respect each other's ships.

• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by CityGal; 04-01-2016 at 10:41 PM
Old 04-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Once Day!
Old 04-03-2016, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Miss Cam.

Happy Once Day!
Old 04-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Happy Once day!

RoseBennett
Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

So Hades speaks of being jealous of an older sibling, must have forgotten that he is older than Zeus, and Zelena is older than Regina. I'm liking badass Dorothy, but really the Wicked Witch can't hold her? "Happy Haunting!" Also tempermental artist Henry is adorable.

Last edited by Captain Riterra Smith; 04-04-2016 at 06:58 AM
Old 04-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Zelena broke my heart
I hope she doesnt fall into Hades's game.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 04-03-2016, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh Zelena broke my heart
I hope she doesnt fall into Hades's game.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 04-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

For once Rumple spoke the unvarnished truth. Here's hoping Belle can accept it.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
For once Rumple spoke the unvarnished truth. Here's hoping Belle can accept it.
He sure did! He stated it very plainly and confidently. I was quite shocked. He spoke the truth, she did fall in love with the man and the beast. Can't wait for next week!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. So many great things for so many characters. Not too crazy about the Wizard of Oz and Zombies version of Dorothy but she was barely onscreen anyway. Loved Toto though!
Old 04-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toto was cute
Old 04-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Loyal Fan

A fun epi, enjoyed it! True love between Hades/Zelena? Hmmm seems kinda rushed to me, smart of Zelena to not jump in, Hades may well be conning her. But there are kinda cute together (can’t believe I’m saying that LOL).

I thought it was moving that she was willing to give up her baby for her babies safety.

Something seemed really off to me re: Rumple - he seemed flippant with Belle (instead of horrified that she was in Ubrooke). Two weeks ago he was crushed about their child “belonging” to Hades and now he nonchalantly quips, “Oh we can fix this”? Hmmm and suspicious to me that he was blackmailed into helping Emma but now isn’t concerned at all about Belle finding out he was the DO again? Why would he stick around the Uworld then? Why not just go back up to Sbrooke, find a loophole and protect his family? My current theory is that Hades was masquerading as Rumple, yes he could have just grabbed Zelena’s baby but he likes to have fun with his prey first, has eyes everywhere and can get baby in his domain any time he wants. (plus in the promo for next week, Hades tells Belle that he wants her baby, so maybe he wants their baby for the spell and not Zelenas, if he truly is in love with her?) What do you guys think?
Old 04-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

I did wonder if it was Hades not Rumple but am hoping it was Rumple choosing to tell the truth.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I did wonder if it was Hades not Rumple but am hoping it was Rumple choosing to tell the truth.
Could be, but I was just suspicious that Rumple was not more emotional with her

So now I am already for next Sunday to get here so we can find out LOL
Old 04-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
So Hades speaks of being jealous of an older sibling, must have forgotten that he is older than Zues, and Zelena is older than Regina. I'm liking badass Dorothy, but really the Wicked Witch can't hold her? "Happy Haunting!" Also tempermental artist Henry is adorable.
Just to be mythologically uptight, Zeus is both the youngest and the eldest, at least by some versions. Cronus/Saturn swallowed the others. Zeus snuck an emetic into his father, who promptly spewed forth his offspring, which is also counted as a birth. It's mythology, roll with it--or count the symbolic and metaphoric value of it over The Miracle of Birth video they made you watch in school.

Just remember, Cronus represents time. Time is the father who devours his own children. Gollum had a riddle about it in The Hobbit, "This thing all things devours."

Or, if you prefer, Zeus was born and grew up while Hades was in stasis. And digestive juices. Kind of like if Boba Fett was immortal but still trapped in the sarlacc. So, stasis or very painful until Zeus rescued them. The upside and downside of being immortal.