Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OUAT Timeline Construction Project #1

WELCOME

Once Upon A Time

Timeline • Construction • P r o j e c t

This thread is an attempt to create a Once Upon a Time flashback timeline from our rewatches.
After watching the episodes, let's post when we think the chronology of the events took place. Let's see if we can attempt to place this in some semblance of order, and what do we make of it.

Comments and observations are always welcome. Should be fun!

1. Merlin creates "The Dark One" while losing a battle with evil entity the darkness. He teathers it to a human soul controlled by a dagger. (4.22)
  2. Rumple becomes the Dark One to save Bae from the Ogre Wars (1.08)
  3. Jiminy makes a deal with Rumple, and becomes a "Cricket" by Blue Fairy (1.05)
  4. Snow White’s father, King Leopold, frees the Genie from the lamp (1.11)
  5. The Genie falls in love with Regina. (1.11)
  6. Regina tricks the Genie into killing King Leopold (1.11)
  7. The Genie gets trapped in the mirror by his own wish to stay by the queen’s side forever (1.11)
  8. Snow White's father, King Leopold, dies (1.07)
  9. Evil Queen sends the huntsman to kill Snow and harvest her heart. (1.07)
  10. Belle agrees to be caretaker of Rumple’s castle to save her friends and family (1.12)
  11. Evil Queen convinces Belle to break Rumple’s curse (1.12)
  12. Rumple kicks Belle out, thinking she’s deceiving him (1.12)
  13. Evil Queen tells Rumple that Belle committed suicide (1.12)
  14. Shepard David discovers he's a twin. Saves family farm in deal with Rumplestiltskin and becomes "James", King George's son (1.06)
  15. "Prince James" forced engagement to Abigail, King Midas's daughter (1.06)
  16. Snow White meets Prince Charming (1.03)
  17. Charming breaks Snow's sleeping curse with True Love's Kiss (1.01)
  18. Snow and Charming wed (1.01)
  19. Rumple makes a deal with Cinderella for her first born child. (1.04)
  20. Cinderella meets Prince Thomas at a Palace Ball (1.04)
  21. Cinderella traps Rumple with magic quill and hands him over to Charming (1.04)
  22. Rumple imprisioned in the cell located below Charming's castle (1.01)
  23. Snow and Charming visit Rumple to discuss EQ's threat of a dark curse. (1.01)
  24. Evil Queen reclaims the Dark Curse from Maleficent (1.02)
  25. Evil Queen visits Rumple in his cell when the curse seems not to work (1.02)
  26. Evil Queen crushes her father, Henry Sr.'s, heart as the final ingredient "the heart of the thing you love the most" to cast the Dark Curse (1.02)
  27. Charming places baby Emma in the wardrobe. (1.01)
  28. The Dark Curse engulfs the Enchanted Forest residents and brings them to "The Land Without Magic" (1.01)

On her 28th birthday, Henry travels to Boston and brings Emma to Storybrooke. Of free-will, her choice to stay alters the curse and time restarts. (1.01)

Last edited by CityGal; 08-13-2015 at 10:25 PM
Old 08-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great thread idea

Although #4 seems out of place (unless you are referring to their Lake Nostos wedding) .. didn't Snow & Charming get pregnant on their honeymoon? They couldn't have wed before Cinderella meets Thomas ...

Plus they seemed so happy in that episode and after the wedding they were very wary of the Evil Queen.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Although #4 seems out of place (unless you are referring to their Lake Nostos wedding) .. didn't Snow & Charming get pregnant on their honeymoon? They couldn't have wed before Cinderella meets Thomas ...
Lake Nostos hasn't happened yet in the rewatch.

In episode 1.04 Cinderella hands over Rumple to Charming and they put him in the dungeon cell from the pilot. So Charming seems to be married at that point in time. He's wearing the same outfit as in the pilot dungeon scene with Snow.

ETA: Guess #5 could move up but there's nothing concrete in the story to note if the deal happened before or after Snow/Charming's wedding.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Good like with that

JK, hppy to help if needed

RoseBennett
Old 08-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The timeline makes my head hurt
Old 08-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Good idea - but yes, piecing together OUAT timeline can be a headache
Old 08-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

So do you want us to add in to your timeline or just give you flashback references for you to insert?

From episode 5, you get the story of Jiminy Cricket, which would become #2 on your timeline.

From episode 6, you get David's background story and how he became "James", so that would then be #3 in your timeline.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I envy you'll it's a tough project
Old 08-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
So do you want us to add in to your timeline or just give you flashback references for you to insert?

From episode 5, you get the story of Jiminy Cricket, which would become #2 on your timeline.

From episode 6, you get David's background story and how he became "James", so that would then be #3 in your timeline.
Both!

Should we break up the Charming story or does it all fit in #3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Watched it again.

Snow and Charming are shown attending Cinderella's wedding. Not sure if they are married though???

Should I move it?

Last edited by CityGal; 08-10-2015 at 11:32 PM
Old 08-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I wish you the best of luck with that Christine

I can only get so far, and then it's a jumbled mess

Old 08-11-2015, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

You have to remember the time travel bits when fitting in the chronology! Also, when Rump and Belle first met. Also you can replace EQ with Regina cause she's always been Regina and everyone likes to say her name for some reason in fun ways.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Watched it again.

Snow and Charming are shown attending Cinderella's wedding. Not sure if they are married though???

Should I move it?
I have no idea. Based on Snow's birth and Ashley's birth they should have only been a month apart so maybe Snow and Charming were just married at the ball but they were trying to just be happy?

I'd say just leave it the way it is
Old 08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)

Should we break up the Charming story or does it all fit in #3?
I think for now it should all go in as #3. If we see another flashback later that seems to belong in that time frame, then maybe consider breaking it up.

I agree with other posters, trying to do a Once timeline is daunting, but I think this is a good approach to build it with flashbacks as we're rewatching the episodes.

Adding in flashbacks from episodes 7 and 8. I bolded the items I added. Feel free to edit if you feel they need to be expanded upon.

1. Merlin creates "The Dark One" while losing a battle with evil entity the darkness. He tethers it to a human soul controlled by a dagger. (4.22)
2. Rumple becomes the Dark One to save Bae from the Ogre Wars (1.08)
3. Jiminy makes a deal with Rumple, and becomes a "Cricket" by Blue Fairy (1.05)
4. Snow White's father dies (1.07)
5. Evil Queen sends the huntsman to kill Snow and harvest her heart. (1.07)

6. Shepard David discovers he's a twin. Saves family farm in deal with Rumplestiltskin and becomes "James", King George's son (1.06)
7. "Prince James" forced engagement to Abigail, King Midas's daughter (1.06)
8. Snow White meets Prince Charming (1.03)
9. Charming breaks Snow's sleeping curse with True Love's Kiss (1.01)
10. Snow and Charming wed (1.01)
11. Rumple makes a deal with Cinderella for her first born child. (1.04)
12. Cinderella meets Prince Thomas at a Palace Ball (1.04)
13. Cinderella traps Rumple with magic quill and hands him over to Charming (1.04)
14. Rumple imprisioned in the cell located below Charming's castle (1.01)
15, Snow and Charming visit Rumple to discuss EQ's threat of a dark curse. (1.01)
16. Evil Queen reclaims the Dark Curse from Maleficent (1.02)
17. Evil Queen visits Rumple in his cell when the curse seems not to work (1.02)
18. Evil Queen crushes her father, Henry Sr.'s, heart as the final ingredient "the heart of the thing you love the most" to cast the Dark Curse (1.02)
19. Charming places baby Emma in the wardrobe. (1.01)
20. The Dark Curse engulfs the Enchanted Forest residents and brings them to "The Land Without Magic" (1.01)

On her 28th birthday, Henry travels to Boston and brings Emma to Storybrooke. Of free-will, her choice to stay alters the curse and time restarts. (1.01)

Last edited by linnki; 08-11-2015 at 05:55 PM Reason: added pieces into timeline
Old 08-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
I think for now it should all go in as #3. If we see another flashback later that seems to belong in that time frame, then maybe consider breaking it up.

I agree with other posters, trying to do a Once timeline is daunting, but I think this is a good approach to build it with flashbacks as we're rewatching the episodes.

Adding in flashbacks from episodes 7 and 8. I bolded the items I added. Feel free to edit if you feel they need to be expanded upon.
Great placements and updating the list. I'm still on track with the viewing,but don't have time to post until the evenings.

I'll make sure to post my thoughts tonight. And I like the way you placed the two on the list.

BTW, I keeping the "Evil Queen" moniker because that is where the character is at the story for now. When it changes such as in the "Stable Boy" then it's Lana's "Regina" . I'm hoping the timeline will show some kind of slow evolution for many of the characters and if there are any gaping holes or retcons..it should become quite apparent.

At least I hope that's the case.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

This will be a confusing thread