Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Editing this posting with some news I just saw. It appears that Disney World is adding a OUAT attraction. Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop!

The person who saw it said it was closed (probably for development) and a cast member said the sign was put up a week ago, but no further info. Hopefully it's the real deal and they didn't just put up the sign as a placeholder.

Image wouldn't post properly but here is the link.

http://beautyandtheimp.tumblr.com/po...oinferno#notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
Well, you know I'm not fond of the loosing memories prospect
As much as I love Spinner!Rumple and would have loved to see his interactions with Belle, Rumple is no longer that man. Just like Snow isn't that girl who wouldn't use the candle anymore, or Emma is not that lonely girl we saw in the FB, or Regina is not that girl-in-love she was before her first love was killed.
I don't want to go backwards with characters, I want to work with what we have
I agree and the truth is Rumple and Belle have a meaty enough storyline as it is with seeing if Rumple can and will redeem himself and make up for all the evil he has done and if Belle would even be willing to give him another chance either way.

But this is Once and I can't see A&E just leaving things like that. They are definitely going to throw some magical wrench in the way IMO. Plus maybe some time completely back to his roots, not even having the memory of being obsessed with power and being forced to come to terms with all the horrible things he did as the DO and all the ways he ruined his own happiness will FINALLY turn Rumple around.

He was at his absolute worst this last season and even losing Belle and his power did not deter him from ruining everyone's lives for his own means. Maybe some time spent with a completely different mentality (because obviously he would eventually regain his memories ) will help him really see all the damage he has caused.

I could see him not having his memories for 5A and then just as SpinnerRumple and Belle are starting to fall for one another (maybe right after they share their first kiss) another villain comes along and brings all of Rumple's memories to the surface hoping to work with the evil Rumple to defeat the heroes. Maybe that's one of the cliffhangers for 5B - will Rumple revert right back to what he was doing before he lost the DO curse and battle the heroes or has he learned anything.

Last edited by koodles; 05-16-2015 at 06:25 PM
Old 05-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting the Disney news.

Beyond cool.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Why can't they put that at DisneyLAND? Then I could go. LOL! That is beyond cool, though. Hopefully, they'll sell all kinds of OUAT product in there, too.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killianfan (View Post)
Why can't they put that at DisneyLAND? Then I could go. LOL! That is beyond cool, though. Hopefully, they'll sell all kinds of OUAT product in there, too.
That's exactly what I thought!

I live in LA so I would be totally down to see this in Disneyland. Oh well.

If it goes up I'm guessing it will primarily be a store (since it's in the shopping area) selling some ONCE merchandise as well as some of the more expensive Disney souvenirs like jewelry and fancy ornaments. Hopefully they strive to design it as a close replica of the real one.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ahhh, so cool!Thanks for posting, koodles. I really hope that becomes a real thing, because I will totally go out of my way to see it/buy all the merch there.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-17-2015, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killianfan (View Post)
Why not in Disneyland Paris? I'm in Europe

But so cool! i want them to have a Bobby look-alike behind the shelf

RoseBennett
Old 05-17-2015, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
He was at his absolute worst this last season and even losing Belle and his power did not deter him from ruining everyone's lives for his own means. Maybe some time spent with a completely different mentality (because obviously he would eventually regain his memories ) will help him really see all the damage he has caused.
You know, that would be a way to deal with it I would like, I think. I mean, this season he just... I had so many issues with him, because at least in previous seasons he did seem aware and sometimes even somewhat sorry for what he did. But I saw very little of that this season, so it would be good to have him have that sort of realization at some point.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
You know, that would be a way to deal with it I would like, I think. I mean, this season he just... I had so many issues with him, because at least in previous seasons he did seem aware and sometimes even somewhat sorry for what he did. But I saw very little of that this season, so it would be good to have him have that sort of realization at some point.
Same with me
Old 05-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks koodles for the info. We're going to Disneyworld in October. Hopefully it will be open by then.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Remember that Rumple was losing his humanity, his ability to to love. His heart was nearly black. I think he simply was no longer able to care about anyone else but Belle (I believe that small red spot in his heart was his love for her - or what was left of it). He even referred to Henry as "a boy" or "the savior's son" in 4b. But as he told Belle before he collapsed, he was trying to do what he thought was for the best. Yes, the main reason Rumple wanted that AU was to save his own butt, but he was also thinking what would happen if he turned into the full-Dark One without any moral compass. It would have been bad news for everyone, as he warned Regina and Belle. Yes, he definitely went the wrong way about it, but he had very powerful darkness tethered to his soul. Just like Lily, he was "hardwired for bad decisions". Or as he told Emma in 4a, "a man who makes wrong decisions. Selfish decisions". All that black goo kind of blinded him.

But now that darkness is gone. I believe Rumple is a quite different person when he wakes up.

Last edited by Seamstress90; 05-17-2015 at 06:23 AM
Old 05-17-2015, 06:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Remember that Rumple was losing his humanity, his ability to to love. I think he simply was no longer able to care about anyone else but Belle (I believe that small red spot in his heart was his love for her - or what was left of it). He even referred to Henry as "a boy" or "the savior's son" in 4b. But as he told Belle before he collapsed, he was trying to do what he thought was for the best. Yes, the main reason Rumple wanted that AU was to save his own butt, but he was also thinking what would happen if he turned into the full-Dark One without any moral compass. It would have been bad news for everyone, as he warned Regina and Belle. Yes, he definitely went the wrong way about it, but he had very powerful darkness tethered to his soul. Just like Lily, he was "hardwired for bad decisions". Or as he told Emma in 4a, "a man who makes wrong decisions. Selfish decisions". All that black goo kind of blinded him.

But now that darkness is gone. I believe Rumple is a quite different person when he wakes up.
Dunno, he has 300 years of bad decisions. Bad habits are hard to break. Besides, I don't want him to be a goody-two-shoes. That's boring as heck. Leave him with a little bad boy in him.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Dunno, he has 300 years of bad decisions. Bad habits are hard to break. Besides, I don't want him to be a goody-two-shoes. That's boring as heck. Leave him with a little bad boy in him.
I don't think Robert would want that, either. He likes conflicted/dark Rumple. But getting all that darkness removed from his heart should change him a bit. It's a big deal, IMO, just like Emma becoming the Dark One is..
Old 05-17-2015, 07:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Remember that Rumple was losing his humanity, his ability to to love. His heart was nearly black. I think he simply was no longer able to care about anyone else but Belle (I believe that small red spot in his heart was his love for her - or what was left of it). He even referred to Henry as "a boy" or "the savior's son" in 4b. But as he told Belle before he collapsed, he was trying to do what he thought was for the best. Yes, the main reason Rumple wanted that AU was to save his own butt, but he was also thinking what would happen if he turned into the full-Dark One without any moral compass. It would have been bad news for everyone, as he warned Regina and Belle. Yes, he definitely went the wrong way about it, but he had very powerful darkness tethered to his soul. Just like Lily, he was "hardwired for bad decisions". Or as he told Emma in 4a, "a man who makes wrong decisions. Selfish decisions". All that black goo kind of blinded him.

Well, part of the problem is that we don't know how much is Rumple and how much is the Dark One. Even in the rewritten AU world, Rumple was still prepared to kill a child - Henry - and that was without the darkness. So I don't know. I would actually like the show to get into that, just what the curse does, because so far a lot is left up to speculation.

But honestly, if Rumple was that worried what would happen when he turned into the full-on Dark One, he could have stayed outside the two line. No magic there. He said in S2 when he was poisoned that him dying outside of SB would mean the curse wasn't passed on and maybe it was for the best. Or he could even have requested that Isaac wrote a world where everyone got a happy ending and everyone were heroes. Because honestly, that world that was written was clearly bad news for pretty much everyone as it was, Dark One or no Dark One. I do think the rewritten world was mostly Isaac, but Rumple set it up to happen and caused a lot of harm making it happen as well. And that's not even getting into all the stuff of 4A or what he did to Belle, whom he clearly did still love.

I guess my point is that the harm was done. However much on it lies on the Dark One and how much is Rumple and how much is a combination of the two, maybe the show will establish more firmly. But a lot of people really suffered because of what was done, and if Rumple does want to be a good person now and start anew, he has to face that those actions caused harm or he may risk continuing to make bad decisions out of habit.

I'd really like Rumple to do better, don't get me wrong. He's a very interesting and complex character and Robert plays him brilliantly. I just don't want the harm that was done to be dismissed as if it doesn't matter, if that makes any sense. Or see any sort of victim blaming of those who did suffer or any implication that it's ever the victim's responsibility to fix who harmed them.

So, I'd love to see a storyline where Rumple gets a chance to start anew and manages to take it properly, but not by dismissing the pain of those who did suffer because of everything that happened, Belle included.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Well, part of the problem is that we don't know how much is Rumple and how much is the Dark One. Even in the rewritten AU world, Rumple was still prepared to kill a child - Henry - and that was without the darkness. So I don't know. I would actually like the show to get into that, just what the curse does, because so far a lot is left up to speculation.

But honestly, if Rumple was that worried what would happen when he turned into the full-on Dark One, he could have stayed outside the two line. No magic there. He said in S2 when he was poisoned that him dying outside of SB would mean the curse wasn't passed on and maybe it was for the best. Or he could even have requested that Isaac wrote a world where everyone got a happy ending and everyone were heroes. Because honestly, that world that was written was clearly bad news for pretty much everyone as it was, Dark One or no Dark One. I do think the rewritten world was mostly Isaac, but Rumple set it up to happen and caused a lot of harm making it happen as well. And that's not even getting into all the stuff of 4A or what he did to Belle, whom he clearly did still love.

I guess my point is that the harm was done. However much on it lies on the Dark One and how much is Rumple and how much is a combination of the two, maybe the show will establish more firmly. But a lot of people really suffered because of what was done, and if Rumple does want to be a good person now and start anew, he has to face that those actions caused harm or he may risk continuing to make bad decisions out of habit.

I'd really like Rumple to do better, don't get me wrong. He's a very interesting and complex character and Robert plays him brilliantly. I just don't want the harm that was done to be dismissed as if it doesn't matter, if that makes any sense. Or see any sort of victim blaming of those who did suffer or any implication that it's ever the victim's responsibility to fix who harmed them.

So, I'd love to see a storyline where Rumple gets a chance to start anew and manages to take it properly, but not by dismissing the pain of those who did suffer because of everything that happened, Belle included.
I agree with everything in your post.
I think the only way Rumple can redeem himself is by taking ownership of what he has done and trying to make it up to everyone.

Except for the bolded part. As the Apprentice said, the AU is just fiction and the real story is the truth and nothing can change that. Hook was still willing to die for Emma even though he just met her, Regina felt a connection to both Henry and Robin and you could tell Snow and Charming felt for each other even though they were evil. Even though Rumple was the "Light One" in the AU, he was still the DO. The darkness was still within him because that was the truth of things. So yes, I think the darkness was still affecting him when he made that decision to kill Henry.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's why I don't think Gold will be in a coma for more than s episode whom he is will be a cliffhanger