Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Interesting finale! I was not expecting the Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde introduction. At first, I thought Snow, David, Hook and Zelena had somehow ended up in Dracula's realm. But then I later realised I got the wrong Bram Stocker book. I've never read Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde, but I had read Dracula years ago. I think it's neat that the OUAT writers are thinking of branching out into other stories than just the fairytales and the twists on the Disney films, because sooner or later, they are going to run out of those characters to bring in.

I'm gonna have to keep this review short and sweet as I don't have much time. So, back to the bullet point style.

~ The beginning of the episode Only You with Regina was heartbreaking.

~ Henry was awesome throughout the whole finale. I totally understand why he thought that getting rid of magic once and for all would be what's best for his family because magic ruins everything. I like how he asks Violet to go with him on his quest to New York to destroy magic. They're so adorable together. And when he succeeds, he learns that his grandparents, Hook and Zelena are trapped in another realm. And so he realises they need magic back to bring them back. His speech at the fountain to get everyone to believe in magic just for a moment so that all the wishes made bought back the magic was awesome. Even Rumple was impressed with his grandson.

~ All the Neal mentions from Henry was nice.

~ Regina and Emma talk in Neal's (and then Robin's) old apartment. Regina's speech about how she felt trapped between trying to be good and trying so hard not to let the evil come back was heartbreaking. She feels that every time she tries to be happy and good something awful always happens to her. Oh, and Robin's letter. And Regina mentioning how unfair it was that Robin's dead and Hook's alive! I said it was unfair!

~ Sam Witwer as Mr Hyde! Doomsday! Smallville connection.

~ All I can say is poor Belle. Not only is she in a sleeping curse (I know that's her own doing but still) she gets put in Pandora's box by Rumple, and then sent to Mr Hyde's realm.

~ Magic storm looming over hotel by Rumple and not one person in New York could see it? Is it because they didn't believe in magic?

~ I hope Snow isn't going to regret her idea of helping Regina rid of the Evil Queen once and for all by using Dr. Jekyl's serum. I thought it seemed far too easy when Regina just took the EQ's heart and crushed it. I knew it wasn't going to be that easy, even before Mr Hyde said to Regina you can't rid of that darkness that easily.

~ I'm looking forward to seeing the EQ back, and seeing how she reacts to Storybrooke and the fight with Regina. It'll be interesting to see where it leads. Obviously I hope Regina will win and somehow put the EQ back inside herself. She's just going to have to learn that the EQ will always be a part of her. She just has to make the hard choices of how to keep her at bay. I know it's going to be hard for her and I look forward to see how she'll handle it. I just hope she can find peace once more. And I hope Emma and the others will be able to help her in some way. It got me thinking, though. Is that why they killed Robin, so Regina would have to go through this conflict? Couldn't they have done it another way? Regina losing a second true love is too much...but then, it does show how far she has come for not giving in to evil so easily this time round.

That's all I can remember to say right now. There was a lot going on to go over everything in such a short amount of time.