Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

Turns out though she couldn't just kill her darker side. It survived. Which only proves that there are no quick fixes to this problem. She's gonna have to take that side of herself back just to keep it from destroying everything, and learn to live with it.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Turns out though she couldn't just kill her darker side. It survived. Which only proves that there are no quick fixes to this problem. She's gonna have to take that side of herself back just to keep it from destroying everything, and learn to live with it.
There is good and bad in all of us. It is the good in us that keeps the bad in check. The original Star Trek addressed this issue in "The Enemy Within." Due to a transporter accident, Kirk was split in two. A good Kirk and a bad one. Basically Kirk was a good captain because of the good and bad in him. Never could live without the other. Regina has to accept that both exists within her and she gains strength from both sides of her personality. I believe Regina's HEA isn't true love, but learning to love and accept herself.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
There is good and bad in all of us. It is the good in us that keeps the bad in check. The original Star Trek addressed this issue in "The Enemy Within." Due to a transporter accident, Kirk was split in two. A good Kirk and a bad one. Basically Kirk was a good captain because of the good and bad in him. Never could live without the other. Regina has to accept that both exists within her and she gains strength from both sides of her personality. I believe Regina's HEA isn't true love, but learning to love and accept herself.
Anything to excuse the ridiculous decision to bump off Robin.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Anything to excuse the ridiculous decision to bump off Robin.
I wasn't excusing it. I was just discussing the split. As a matter of fact, if I was angling for anyone to be bumped off, it would be a carpal impaired hero.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
there was way way way too much going on

Dr Jeckll / Hyde story
Regina story
Henry's story

it just felt too rushed within less than 2 hours worth of tv time

if ratings are bad next fall/ spring season...we may see the Final Battle between good and evil next spring...
omg...I hate the Dr. Jeckll/Hyde thing so elfin much. I Sam Witwer,but Disney has never made Frankenstein or Jekyll and Hyde,which is usually why they add in random stuff. These two aren't fairly tales. I'll give them credit for at least explaining it,but it's yet another Gary Stu villain. How the hell did Hyde magically know about Rumbelle so soon after he talked to the others? Jekyll is written much better and a lot more naturally than Hyde is.

I know they had 2 episodes to accommodate, but they shouldn't have rushed it in the end.

I actually loved Rumple in this episode. Henry amazed him and Henry was plain with Rumple. They need to have scenes more often. I wish Rumple had tried to understand why Henry was doing it. It wasn't to be a hero or because of some delusion. It was because he was his father's son. He was doing the exact same thing Bae wanted to do and Rumple should have recognized the pattern. Henry was angry and bitter about Neal's death and Robin's death made the wound fresh. Rumple is so busy on his quest for power that he forgot that magic already cost him his other child and made his father Peter Pan.

His scenes with Regina and Emma were fun,too. All of them trying to open the portal and work as a team is what the show is about more than the other stuff that tends to sideline things.

I loved all the stuff where everyone was working as a group and the funeral. I hate Hyde and the storyline with a firry vengeance. I'll admit that I thought Regina getting rid of her dark side was interesting,but I didn't think the serum was a good idea. However,the end bugged me. Why the hell did EQ kill the Dragon? What did he do to assist Regina? He didn't give her the serum, nor did he help everyone with the portal. It was beyond his magic and all he did was point out that magic is everywhere. EQ seemed really,really Sue in that moment.

I'll be back when they wrap up this stupid storyline. I'm just glad they aren't ruining Dorian Gray. Victorian Literature isn't the same as a fairytale, a myth or a folktale. There are still Disney movies they haven't used. What about Tiana? Rapunzel needs to make a reappearance. I really,really don't see how they needed to kill Robin for this.

I wish Regina had said goodbye to Roland,but Zelena did raise him for that period of time. She cared about him, she just wanted to break up Robin and Regina. Regina got to have children,so Zelena wanted a son of her own.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey don't recommend people to be bumped off. I agree they shouldn't have killed robin off
Old 05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Why the hell did EQ kill the Dragon?
We don't know if she's killed the Dragon or not. The episode ends with her simply holding his heart in her hands. Her intent may be to control him, it's really hard to say at this point.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt the whole neal had a plan to distroy very shoehorn. Like wouldn't Tamara recruit him to work with her
Old 05-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnki (View Post)
We don't know if she's killed the Dragon or not. The episode ends with her simply holding his heart in her hands. Her intent may be to control him, it's really hard to say at this point.
Even if it's interesting,I can't bring myself to watch. No Stu out there is as insufferable as Pan, but Hyde is just awful. They learned from the mistakes they made with Whale and Frankenstein,but Disney doesn't own any movies or tv shows that have to do with Frankenstein or Jekyll and Hyde. It's a weird fit and I would have preferred they kept it with just people's dark sides the way they did with Emma being the Dark One. I love Sam Witwer,but the fact that they bumped off Robin for this miserable excuse of a story is insulting. I haven't been OQ in eons,but it's still such b.s.

EQ may have found Robin aggravating,but he had so much chemistry with Regina in Storybrooke. I hated them together in FTL,but I shipped them in Storybrooke. The show is better when it had more internally-based stuff, not when they have stuff like this that's so out there.

Meh...Im sure 6B will be better.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 05-16-2016 at 10:15 PM
Old 05-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I wasn't excusing it. I was just discussing the split. As a matter of fact, if I was angling for anyone to be bumped off, it would be a carpal impaired hero.
Looks like Zeus disagrees with you.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I watched the last 3 episodes to know how it "ends" for my favorite characters. I lost interest before and was not invested as much as other fans I know, but my heart aches for those here whom I talked to about Robin, Outlaw Queen, and so on.

Never has OuaT written one of their fairytales or other stories more disrespectfully than they wrote Robin Hood imo. The whole Robin Hood story not only his character. Look at what they did to Maid Marian. I wish they had at least said that she had moved on to the happy afterlife like Daniel and others did. They could not even write 1 line about her. She mattered that little to them. Now Robin will be forgotten just as quickly because there are new characters for the writers to play with.

I don't understand what the writers thought the message of the goodbye scene was when Regina and Henry were not there, but Roland hugged the woman who murdered his mother and raped his father goodbye. They can act like Zelena is now a good person all they want, I don't care. But when she has a goodbye moment with Roland and Regina and Henry don't there is nothing else to say.

Robin didn't have to die for the Split Queen. That's a lame excuse of the writers to claim that. Camelot was okay. But Underworld only showed the writers obvious favoritism of some characters over the whole big rest. But I'm not mad. It makes it easier for me to leave and remember only the good days when I loved this show and all its characters.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't understand what the writers thought the message of the goodbye scene was when Regina and Henry were not there, but Roland hugged the woman who murdered his mother and raped his father goodbye. They can act like Zelena is now a good person all they want, I don't care. But when she has a goodbye moment with Roland and Regina and Henry don't there is nothing else to say.
The stuff with Zelena is absurd.

And I agree about Robin. What a waste.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

That kid is going to need some serious therapy if he ever learns all the details.

I honestly can't wait for the next Mommy and Me class with Zelena and baby Robin.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe its the hopeful romantic in me, but I dont think they are done with Robin's story or the people who are in the River of Lost Souls

I think for now, since we know there is Regina and now the EQ floating around, that probably EQ will cause all kinds of problems. She might masquerade as Regina or go off to other lands, who knows. But I think they want Sbrook citizens to believe that Regina has reverted to being EQ again and she has to have a reason to in their minds, hence the "need" for Robin to be lost forever.

I think once that is resolved, then we may (I hope, I hope!) find that King Arthur of the UWorld contacts them and lets them know that Robin was rescued by Zeus and moved on to his better place, he may even have a goodbye message for his loved ones. And perhaps Arthur will say he was able to rescue those in the River of Lost Souls, since it was probably never supposed to exist in the first place? (I got the impression that the dead were given a chance to finish their "unfinished business" and the choice of the better or worse places after that was ultimately up to them. The river took that choice away from them). Anyways, just my musings on that. I really can't believe that they would just drop such huge issues and never resolve them
Old 05-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Not bad. Felt totally disconnected from the rest of the season. But still a nice little finale.
But is that a bad thing? It's probably why I enjoyed this finale when I was totally bored with the rest of the season.