Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

The Blu-Ray edition had more stuff last year, so it might this year as well. Maybe an extra commentary, a few extra deleted scenes and an extra feature - maybe some bloopers too. I guess we have to wait and see until August.

But I'll miss more cast commentaries
Old 07-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Personally, I think you ought to be basing whether or not to buy a DVD set on whether or not you enjoyed the episodes of the season themselves rather than on the Extras contained on the set, but to each their own, I guess.
I don't think I need to explain my reason for buying or not buying something to you but if you must know. Season 3 is not my favorite season. The list of episodes I know I will watch again is shorter than in previous years. But I enjoy the audio commentaries very much. So if I'm on the fence about buying a set extras can make a difference. But that's just me.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
I don't think I need to explain my reason for buying or not buying something to you but if you must know. Season 3 is not my favorite season. The list of episodes I know I will watch again is shorter than in previous years. But I enjoy the audio commentaries very much. So if I'm on the fence about buying a set extras can make a difference. But that's just me.
My comment wasn't intended to be confrontational, and I apologize if it came off that way.

JOOC, what it is about Season 3 that you didn't like in comparison to the previous two seasons?
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

The S4 "trailer" released at Comic Con. It isn't spoilery, as it just has S3 footage.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SDCC released "ratings" for day 3 of the event. Can I post here or is that spoiler-y news?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

I think it's fine. Ratings aren't going to give away their plan for the season.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
Season 3 wasn't my favorite season either. I'm not sure I'll be buying the DVDs, especially when most of the extras make their way online.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought S3 was great on the whole, much better than S2 I thought..
Old 07-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
SDCC released "ratings" for day 3 of the event. Can I post here or is that spoiler-y news?
That's fine to post here. Nothing spoilery about how many people watched a show or tweeted about it etc. You can post it in the ratings thread as well if you wish, even if it isn't traditional ratings
Old 07-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
That's fine to post here. Nothing spoilery about how many people watched a show or tweeted about it etc. You can post it in the ratings thread as well if you wish, even if it isn't traditional ratings
Well it does say that #Frozen (hence OUAT) was the #1 TV topic and easily dominated and won the day. (outside of two competing Superhero movies)

It seems ABC/Disney were the HUGE winners overall which bodes well for the show.

Bring it over in a bit.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well done OUAT Will be interesting to see if the interest carry over into the ratings at the start of S4 as well.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Nice one
Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

I hope so, but the trick for A/E is to not make it just about Frozen but the main cast .
Old 07-29-2014, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Exactly
Old 07-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I hope so, but the trick for A/E is to not make it just about Frozen but the main cast .
Yep, because a majority of the viewers (I would assume) watch the show for the main cast