Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't cover this in my review, but the vibe I got from Aurora and Phillip's private conversation is that they were contemplating warning Snow and Co. about the WWotW but were worried about the consequences to themselves were they to do so, not that they were in collusion - forced or otherwise - with her.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor

Last edited by DigificWriter; 03-09-2014 at 09:20 PM
Old 03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

This is a very interesting episode. It established the Fairy Tale characters return to the Enchanted Forest and a possible conflict with the WWW. It also established Emma and Henry in New York, along with the former regaining her memories, her return to Storybrooke and the establishment of a new curse.

But we don't know what happened during that year. And I guess we'll find out . . . in flashbacks. In fact, I suspect that most of the flashbacks for the rest of the season will be about how Snow, Charming and the others returned to Storybrooke.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I didn't cover this in my review, but the vibe I got from Aurora and Phillip's private conversation is that they were contemplating warning Snow and Co. about the WWotW but we're worried about the consequences to themselves were they to do so, not that they were in collusion - forced or otherwise - with her.
Could be. I may need to rewatch. I thought Aurora was deciding whether or not to tell "her" about them being back and was afraid of the consequences if she didn't, but I could have easily misheard that (sound doesn't always record clearly on my machine).
Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
Could be. I may need to rewatch. I thought Aurora was deciding whether or not to tell "her" about them being back and was afraid of the consequences if she didn't, but I could have easily misheard that (sound doesn't always record clearly on my machine).
I also felt like she was contemplating selling out the SB gang to "her" (I assume the Wicked Witch).
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Am I the only one who is like, Emma was sleeping with a Flying Monkey!

Man, she really does have bad luck with men.

Ship: Spuffy | Outlaw Queen | JavaJunkie | Prudence & Prejudice | Literati | Evil Regal
“I simply regard romantic comedies as a subgenre of sci-fi, in which the world created therein has different rules than my regular human world.”-Mindy Kaling
My Fic | Icon Credit
Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The way Aurora and Phillip were talking seemed to be pretty clearly implying that they were worried about what might happen to them if they told Snow and Co. about the WWotW, rather than telling her about them.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the episode.so glad its back

its a bit confusing,i thought they would forgot but the end scene emma visited them snow and charming knew? im thinking we will find out in future episodes

lol walsh was a monkey

im curious why the wicked witch wants revenge with regina

{}
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyegirl84 (View Post)
Am I the only one who is like, Emma was sleeping with a Flying Monkey!

Man, she really does have bad luck with men.
The thought crossed my mind. But, I can give an alternate theory.

First, let me say I'm not sure if Walsh comes under the intelligent alien heading (like a very hairy Spock), who are OK to date, or animal-native-to-Earth-and-off-limits heading (even if he is sentient. And has wings not found in normal members of the species).

However, for those uncomfortable with what may or may not have happened, let me point out that Emma had her memories messed with by Regina.

Regina's primary concern was Henry. I can see her deciding it would be better for Henry if Emma had some very strict rules about what she would and wouldn't do with guys. If Emma's memories tell her that she spent ten years living by the rule that she wouldn't sleep with a guy she wasn't at least engaged to rather than set a bad example for Henry or give him a string of here today, gone tomorrow father figures, that's probably how she'd deal with the first guy she actually dated for real.

Regina might not have cared to live by such rules herself, but part of being the evil queen is never having to say you're sorry for not demanding of yourself what you demand of others.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm pretty sure Walsh was under a 'glamour' that nothing could've penetrated, so IF he and Emma were sleeping together, nothing would've been ' off' about him.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The thought crossed my mind. But, I can give an alternate theory.

First, let me say I'm not sure if Walsh comes under the intelligent alien heading (like a very hairy Spock), who are OK to date, or animal-native-to-Earth-and-off-limits heading (even if he is sentient. And has wings not found in normal members of the species).

However, for those uncomfortable with what may or may not have happened, let me point out that Emma had her memories messed with by Regina.

Regina's primary concern was Henry. I can see her deciding it would be better for Henry if Emma had some very strict rules about what she would and wouldn't do with guys. If Emma's memories tell her that she spent ten years living by the rule that she wouldn't sleep with a guy she wasn't at least engaged to rather than set a bad example for Henry or give him a string of here today, gone tomorrow father figures, that's probably how she'd deal with the first guy she actually dated for real.

Regina might not have cared to live by such rules herself, but part of being the evil queen is never having to say you're sorry for not demanding of yourself what you demand of others.
It's possible, but Henry spent the night at a friends, effectively giving Emma and Walsh the entire night together. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it would strike me as strange to invite a guy she is almost engaged to into your house at 8:00 at night and not sleep together. It's the hour and situation. Generally speaking though, Emma doesn't seem like the type who would fool around with someone when Henry in the house. I don't know what Regina would think or how much influence she could have at that point.

However, as far as what (species) Walsh is.... according to the promo for next week, the wicked witch can turn people into flying monkeys, so it's possible that Walsh is in fact just a human who has been given a shape-shifting ability.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Walsh was without Regina influence her memories of their courtship were real I think he was human but morphed into a monkey. like Jacob on Twilight. At least that what ill think
Loved the Cs and OQ and everything
Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

Regina / Snow bonding family issues.. I really enjoyed that.

Regina sass and Robin sass.. match made in heaven..

Not what I thought the episode would be, but pleasantly surprised. Belle had 3 lines but looked gorgeous saying each one of them. And I think her refrence to the dagger (she called it knife, why would they have her do that?) I think was the important line she had.

I was unimpressed by Walsh. More impressed by Hook. Always impressed by Bae. Loved the hug and bonding with Robin, Bae, and Belle
Good build up for the rest of the season.

I took Charming's smile as more of a good natured "I know you're really a hero and more than a pirate than you are pretending to be" than he knew Hook would go after Emma.
Right now, the Charmings like Neal enough that they wouldn't have told him to stay in the EF and let EMma/Henry have their happy life, and let Hook go after her. They aren't at that point. So I really saw that moment as more of a smile that he knows Hook is more than a pirate.

I also don't think it was Hook's intention to go after EMma once he got to the Jolly Roger. Regina said there was no way.

I don't think Neal will cast any curse. Mainly because A/E keep implying that, and it seems everytime they make an implication that someone will could do something it ends up not happening, or not being as big a deal as implied. Snow's dark heart, Rumple being the darker one.. etc

I am looking forward to the next episode and more of the Belle/Bae adventure to finding Rumple
Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thought it was a very good strong episode, a great set up for the season ahead..

- Nice Philip/Aurora scene to start us off with...and it seems that they know about the WW..

- So we see Emma's new boyfriend and he had a shifty look about him soon as I saw him..

- I see Regina's sass hasn't left her

- Lovely scenes with Snow and Regina, talking about Henry..

- Emma got Hook arrested

- the Belle and Bae scenes, step-mum and step-son cooking up a plan

- Ahh Robin and Regina finally meet..

- Robin and Belle hug

- I knew it! knew Walsh was shifty, oo it's gone Planet of the Apes!

- Love the Emma/Henry scenes

So know Emma knows about everything, but Henry doesn't...I wonder if that will damage their relationship somehow with Henry not knowing..

Great entrance by the Wicked Witch, and now with this new curse, I'm very intrigued about why the 1 year memories erased....

All stuff to ponder and I can't wait for next week's eppy
Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode did not disappoint!

My thoughts are gonna be all scattered but that's because it was such a great episode

Snow/Regina. Damn the scenes with these two were incredible! Snow telling Regina that they would go home together, them referring to the castle as "our" castle instead of 'my'. I loved how Snow reassured Regina over the entire heart thing. That was the most beautiful scene between them ever!

Emma. Though I do have my ship, like Henry what I want most is for Emma to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted.

Such great Emma storylines. I knew from the moment we saw him that I didn't trust Walsh. Let's face it, Emma unfortunately doesn't exactly have the best taste in men And sure enough he turned out to be a creepy flying monkey!

I was so glad that she drank the potion and that her false memories didn't drag on.

And her reunion with her parents- gah!!!!!!

Henry. It will be interesting to see how he gets his memories back.

Storyline in General. Dude I love this! Regina cast the original curse to get them out of the EF to give them a life without magic, and now a new curse has been placed to get them back to SB so the Wicked Witch can have the kingdom to her self

And no the flying monkeys! I've always hated WOZ but of all the characters those damn things always terrified me the most and now they continue to do so. Great job on their part in making them look menacing!

Overall Thoughts. Way to start off the second half of the season

~*~*~

Oh and of course how could I forget about the red jacket scene?! That part was epic! It was like a superhero putting on the cape after having retired it for a while
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Regina / Snow bonding family issues.. I really enjoyed that.

Regina sass and Robin sass.. match made in heaven..

Not what I thought the episode would be, but pleasantly surprised. Belle had 3 lines but looked gorgeous saying each one of them. And I think her refrence to the dagger (she called it knife, why would they have her do that?) I think was the important line she had.

I was unimpressed by Walsh. More impressed by Hook. Always impressed by Bae. Loved the hug and bonding with Robin, Bae, and Belle
Good build up for the rest of the season.

I took Charming's smile as more of a good natured "I know you're really a hero and more than a pirate than you are pretending to be" than he knew Hook would go after Emma.
Right now, the Charmings like Neal enough that they wouldn't have told him to stay in the EF and let EMma/Henry have their happy life, and let Hook go after her. They aren't at that point. So I really saw that moment as more of a smile that he knows Hook is more than a pirate.

I also don't think it was Hook's intention to go after EMma once he got to the Jolly Roger. Regina said there was no way.

I don't think Neal will cast any curse. Mainly because A/E keep implying that, and it seems everytime they make an implication that someone will could do something it ends up not happening, or not being as big a deal as implied. Snow's dark heart, Rumple being the darker one.. etc

I am looking forward to the next episode and more of the Belle/Bae adventure to finding Rumple
I liked Walsh, well the actor! He is great playing the good guy on Covert Affairs and he was wonderful playing the psychotic guy on Harper's Island! I was wondering what he would do here and I loved that he was the monkey, because it made sense. He had to get close to her and him being a villain just reminds the savior that she needs to be careful about who she lets into her life and how vulnerable she was w/o her memories!

I don't think Neal casts the curse, but I think he and/or Rumple hijack it in order to give the citizens a fighting chance, but something went wrong?