Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

OMG! This episode was just... I have no words because so much happened.

I felt so bad for Rumple that I just wanted to hug him. I hate seeing him so sad and alone. He's trying so hard to do the right thing it feels like he's not good enough. I mean, I get where Neal is coming from. If my father was gonna kill my child I would run too but doesn't the fact that Rumple is risking his life for Henry mean anything? I honestly wanted to smack him upside his head for leaving Rumple like that. And now he's captured by the Lost Boys.

Also, the thing with Emma. She also deserved a hug. That speech she gave that she never stopped loving Neal broke my heart. I wish Neal will work things out with his dad so that they can save Henry and than he can get back to Emma before Hook makes the moves on her.

I am excited for next week where we finally get to see Hook's story. Should be interesting.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why is it that Bae demands that Emma forgives him, yet seems to have great difficulty in forgiving Rumpel? Considering how he used Robin Hood's son to get to Neverland, are we really supposed to believe that unlike his father, he has developed?
Where is Neal demanding that Emma forgive him? His canon reason for not looking for her after curse break is that he thought she would never forgive him. It's only AFTER she tells him that she loves him that he has any hope, and even then he tells Robin he's not sure he's getting his family back.

As far as his using Roland, I think we're supposed to see that desperate men make desperate choices and yeah, he's not as different from his father as he hopes to be.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

My emotions are all over the place with this episode. I so can't describe it because so much happened and now I'm scared for next week! Please let Henry be found...*fingers crossed*
Old 10-20-2013, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncer4Ever (View Post)
he can get back to Emma before Hook makes the moves on her.
Funny. By the looks of the promo she's the one putting the moves on him.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Maybe it was the heat of the moment kind of thing. Plus she just said in the last episode that she never stopped loving Neal and now she's kissing Hook? No. I think she's just on the rebound.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was not a fan of this episode

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oncer4Ever (View Post)
OMG! This episode was just... I have no words because so much happened.

I felt so bad for Rumple that I just wanted to hug him. I hate seeing him so sad and alone. He's trying so hard to do the right thing it feels like he's not good enough. I mean, I get where Neal is coming from. If my father was gonna kill my child I would run too but doesn't the fact that Rumple is risking his life for Henry mean anything? I honestly wanted to smack him upside his head for leaving Rumple like that. And now he's captured by the Lost Boys.

Also, the thing with Emma. She also deserved a hug. That speech she gave that she never stopped loving Neal broke my heart. I wish Neal will work things out with his dad so that they can save Henry and than he can get back to Emma before Hook makes the moves on her.

I am excited for next week where we finally get to see Hook's story. Should be interesting.
I agree. I was annoyed by both young Bae and Neal this episode for their treatment of Rumple. Also, why do these characters hate their past names so much? Not just referring to Neal but the others, Snow would rather people call her Mary Margaret now aswell. Stupid concept.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
So just watched the episode, my emotions are all over the place. Rumple is my favorite character so this episode was heartbreaking for me <----- that was me during it . The acting was top-notch and wow so Rum was a lost boy wasn't really expecting that. I'm intrigued in seeing how his father made Rumple turn out like this, his issues on abandonment are as big as the Grand Canyon(bigger, but you get the idea )...
Pan is a master at what he's playing, I want to know what made him this way and wow where Rumple & Pan friends as little boys????? Can't wait to find out more about their history.
Can't comment on the Neal/Rumple stuff I understood it but it was heartbreaking to watch as hard as the last Belle & Rumple scene was, although I get that he believes that even though she loves him, she's gonna leave him just like everyone else in his life has because he's not good enough. and also all the stuff he's done: he's not worthy of love cuz he's a monster.
I'm with you on everything you said.
Rumple is now further down that darkened path.I think he's having a breakdown after the last scene with his son. He's in NVL where Pan is a master at mind games and is probably preying on all fo Rumple's deepest fears. That also explains why he was telling hallucination Belle that she would just leave him once she realized what he was. His deepest insecurities and thoughts of himself are magnified 1000X's and Bae verified them all.

AS much as it pained me as a RUmbelle fan to see him dismiss Belle at the end. I think he's going to have to fight his own inner demons and right now he's at his lowest ebb. So I understood it.

As for Bae I understood completely. He suffered, he's been a child that was abandoned twice, saw his father go from good man to Dark ONe. Was handed over to Pan for more mind games. Spent who knows how long alone on the island probably going crazy.
BUt I still wanted to smack him. His father admitted to him about that prophecy and what he had planned to do. That was huge. Rumple admits things to himself, but never to anyone else. Belle has been the only one and that's just been recently.

As for Pan and RUmple knowing each other as kids. I can't wait to see what Pan did to him as a child. He was frightened of him as the DO.
Pan is a great villain.

As usual Robert's acting was fantastic. and warpaint Rumple

Best episode so far this season! Loved it..
Old 10-21-2013, 03:28 AM
Elite Fan

I'm curious how Hook knew about the Bae Cave (I think it's catchy).
Old 10-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode! The characters were great and the action was great too. Everything was right on cue and the emotions were excellent. I hope Henry is the one to give Pan the great beating he deserves. I remember someone here once saying that Pan and the Lost Boys was a bit like Lord of the Flies. I find this is true; but I think there's a bit of Apocalypse Now thrown into Pan and the Lost Boys as well. Has anyone seen that homage too? I liked the paint Rump put on. I thought at first it was for him to go and meet the native tribe in NL. I don't know if it exists in this version of the tale; but we saw it was to mask himself. I can't wait till next week
Old 10-21-2013, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

Found it to be a pretty dark and depressing episode. Emma said the only way for the group to succeed was to believe in each other. And sadly Neal couldn't believe in Rumple. He was so close to saving Henry and he lost him again. That kinda sucks.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Found it to be a pretty dark and depressing episode. Emma said the only way for the group to succeed was to believe in each other. And sadly Neal couldn't believe in Rumple. He was so close to saving Henry and he lost him again. That kinda sucks.
And Neal, Rumple's reason for living, turned his back on him. Belle wouldn't have done that. Just saying.

Honestly, a very well acted episode but difficult to watch. I can't say that I would watch it again. I feel like they've killed Rumbelle.

I oddly enough didn't have a lot of sympathy for either Rumple or Neal last night, and usually I do.

The PP/Rumple connection is interesting.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

this episode and oh my what an emotional rollercoaster

Loved the flashbacks and interesting dynamic between Pan and Rumple..

The father/son reunion and then it all went south

Henry getting saved then not and Henry becoming part of Pan's group, Henry what are you doing!

Rumple shutting himself off now , he needs Belle to put him back on the right track

PS don't think they killed Rumbelle at all, that's not Belle he's talking to...it could be the island playing tricks on him...

amazing acting by Robert and MRJ was great also
Old 10-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
this episode and oh my what an emotional rollercoaster

Loved the flashbacks and interesting dynamic between Pan and Rumple..

The father/son reunion and then it all went south

Henry getting saved then not and Henry becoming part of Pan's group, Henry what are you doing!

Rumple shutting himself off now , he needs Belle to put him back on the right track

PS don't think they killed Rumbelle at all, that's not Belle he's talking to...it could be the island playing tricks on him...

amazing acting by Robert and MRJ was great also
I agree about the acting. But even if it isn't Belle, it's his subconscious saying she's not worth living for and his happy ending with Bae is what matters, not Belle. It was really sad. I'm not sure what they're thinking with this.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

How do we know that it's his subconscious, we don't know that for sure ... we are taking things at face value atm, like Rumple, and I wouldn't be too quick to judge, something is up..

Also I think Henry isn't the boy in Rumple's prophercy, I think it's Bae or even Pan (at a stretch)