Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

Mr. Gold & Emma ~{Desperate Souls}~ #6: "He's a snake Miss Swan, you should be careful who you get into bed with"

Welcome to the 6th Mr. Gold/Emma Thread

Supporters:

ElizaSparrow
lisagslack14
~InMy♥4ever~
Rumpel Sylph's Kin
suite
JuliaForADay
Jamie Choate
Sara Caffrey
gravelgerdie
Renka21
KCJenna
Seda_Cuervo
Kendra Luehr
EmmaGold
Iamfez
dreamywriter19
khan81
Allegory
AllegraDante
DetectiveSaunders
Katiecastiel
Static-Waves
Kashira1786
RumpelGold
Sweet Charity
Candygirl9890
Jensen_girl22
Nyx

Scene of the Moment:

Wishlist:

- Emma and Mr. Gold sharing a dance during a ball
- Mr. Gold & Emma sharing more scenes
- Emma learning more about Mr. Gold's past
- Mr. Gold having an interest in Henry's well-being
- Mr. Gold and Emma being canon
- More bantering or mental sparring between them
- More moments of unspoken understanding between them
- People around town talking about their relationship
- For Emma to be defending Mr. Gold
- To have Mr. Gold tell Emma his first name
- For Emma to come to Gold's Pawn Shop just for a visit
- For them to have a meal together
- Emma and Mr. Gold touching each other, on purpose or not
- Mr. Gold being jealous of Emma's relationship with the stranger
- A running theme of Mr. Gold saying his price is forgiveness and Emma getting closer to forgiveness with each response
- Emma finding out from someone else after the fact that Mr. Gold has done something really good to help her
- Either one walking in on the other inadequately dressed

Previous Threads:

Future Thread Title Possibilities:

- Because "I Like You, Miss Swan"
- Because "Emma... How Lovely to See You"
- Because They Understand Each Other without Words
- Because "What's Your Price?" "Forgiveness."

queencalafia
"You should be careful who you get into bed with."
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt Eliza!
Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Eliza! I love the title.

And I'd be happy to create more art! I still have icons to make too, I've just been lazy. But sometime I will have a ton to post on Livejournal.

I might be able to like Belle, if they flesh her character out. What I'd never be able to do is ship her with Rumpel/Mr. Gold. They just don't have the same spark as Emma/Gold. So anything else will fall flat in my eyes. (Jennifer and Robert just seem to have more chemistry together, in my opinion)

And I agree with you all about giving him a happy ending. I mean I want him to be happy, I'd rather he not have to die in order to gain redemption, but it would be extremely hard to take if he were happy so early in the show. I'm sure it'll take much longer, if it happens at all.

Julia: As long as Emma and Gold share scenes together, I'll watch. Even if it's an extremely edited version of the show, or I half-heatedly watch the rest of the episode.

Isn't that video great? I don't know if she'll make any more though.

Kendra: Glad to see you back! You're welcome for the textures! I hope you find them useful!

It's not terribly hard to guess what might happen. I just don't usually want to, in regards to Emma/Gold because I know I'd just be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr
LOL It's almost like Emma possesses all the traits he WISHES he'd possessed while he was an ordinary man. Maybe THAT'S partially why Gold is so drawn to Emma? Because she exudes such strength and power?
Hey, I never thought of it that way! It makes sense. Rumpelstiltskin was a coward and felt powerless and Emma seems fearless. I look forward to hearing more about her back story. That could also be why he helps her along and gives her the will to fight at times. (like in Desperate Souls when she was going to give up)

And thanks for the link to the video! I can't wait to watch!

I don't think Emilie being a regular is set in stone or anything. Fans of Belle were wanting that to happen. I know she said she'd want to come back, and I know she's in a couple more episodes this season at least.

Shama: The person who made that video is: Femalephantomdimes5. (you were close Kendra ) I really loved her psycho love video too. Can't wait for another chapter of Need!

Hmm, I'm not too into canon pairings. Unless there's chemistry. I shipped Grissom/Sara on CSI before they were canon and they are the only couple who I've shipped (so far) that have ended up together. Not counting some small ships on shows, that I wasn't too into.

Nyx: Welcome! Like the others, I wish I didn't ship them romantically, but I can't help it. And that sandwich scene was my favorite! I love how she teased him. Thank you for the positivity about them! I would think the writers can't help but notice their chemistry on screen, so they should really just put them in more scenes together.

What do you guys think of Emma and the stranger? Have you seen the sneak peek? I haven't.

Can I just say, I'm glad to have you guys to talk to here! That has been as enjoyable as watching the show for me. I love how most of us feel the same way about the show and Emma/Gold. So thanks!

Edited to add: Have you seen this video:

I haven't yet, but I can't wait to watch!

Last edited by EmmaGold; 02-18-2012 at 07:20 PM
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Fan

THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!!!

Just coming in to show my other favorite ship some love!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

EmmaGold: Funny that you posted that vid, because I came on here to post that link, too! I saw it on my Facebook profile, because a fellow RPer posted it. I was all *__* I love how the vidder (I actually know her! She used to vid Batman like I do/did) compared Emma to Belle. It was neat the way she had Gold look at Emma and see a flash of Belle beforehand. I've often thought she might remind Gold of Belle, too.

I agree. Belle wasn't as strong/empowering as the original, so I'm always all when people say she's such a wonderful/fleshed out character. I've also heard multiple people say that Carlyle and Emilie "sizzle," which makes me think I must've watched the wrong episode. Then again, they're probably biased since they ship Rumbelle over any other pairing. I guess technically I'm a tad biased too, but deep-down I can ALWAYS admit when a couple has chemistry (even if I don't like them), and I felt relieved since I didn't feel a connection between them. Maybe I shouldn't have been that way, considering how people love them regardless. xP It IS funny, though, because I remember squeeing after the sneak peek where Rumpel caught Belle in his arms. I actually re-watched it like 10 times, because I loved it so much. ...But then when I saw it added into the episode, I realized how absurd the timing was, and my "squees" disappeared. lol

I'm surprised I didn't think of that theory earlier, truthfully, considering how darn obsessed I am.

I'm FINALLY almost done with Swan Dive. Maybe I'll actually make it for my Sunday update for a change!

Eliza: I love that picture of Jen for the thread banner... Do you know which category it's under on her fan site? I hate digging through all those albums. XD
Old 02-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nice theory I read below 8')
Nice vid too <3

ElizaSparrow: I've heard the 10th Kingdom is a good watch. Perhaps I should give it a try instead of OUAT now 8') And I agree, there's not enough focus on Emma anymore, and I feel the show would work better if there was. As well as on Henry. The way they presented the characters suggests they should have more to say and do than they have now x'D

Kendra Luehr: Unruffled! Yes, I want that too -_- And your pairing comment I think counts for me as well.

And as for Regina having Belle... Perhaps Gold has to be strong in this and let go =') We all know if he doesn't he's going to be screwed. Then again, has he really lost all his control over that cup? He's been in prison before because he /wanted/ to. He was aware he would be tricked. Isn't he making Regina believe like he lost and she won? Wasn't his caning of Belle's father to find out more about her presumed death? And if not, there's always the story rule that heroes only have a right to fight when they have lost their love. If Belle's still alive he doesn't really have a reason except rescuing her. Think of Braveheart 8') Loss motivates characters. Hence, another good reason for the writers to...?

By the by, I was convinced at the start of the series it was intended for a more mature audience. I thought they had advertised it that way? If they can kill off the sheriff who seems to wind up most people (including my best friend) then they should be able to do that to world's most favourite princess as well. 8')

And before I stop ranting... Emma should have an Emma-centred episode with lots of Gold in it. She needs more depth.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Thanks everyone

I was kind of bored and depressed (again ) yesterday, and I just thought of another parallel between Gold/Emma:

Why doesn't Gold listen to his own advices? That's my question

EmmaGold: Thanks for posting the Desperate Souls vid!!! It's so beautiful, it made me want to cry

And, I'm glad you're all here to discuss about Emma/Gold as well, I would feel so lonely otherwise, thinking I'm and imagining things

And I'm with you, I might like Belle but I will never ship her with Mr Gold/Rumple, they just don't work together and will make each other miserable IMO, she'll always want him to be someone else (the real Beast )
I won't even believe he's really happy if he ends up with her

Kendra: I found that picture on google, so I can't tell you on which site it was

I'm probably biased too but I agree with all you said

RumpelGold: You should definitely watch it!! It's amazing It's funny too But Wolf and Virgina definitely are the best part of it And Virginia is a bit like Emma, such a strong, independant but fragile woman

I think the real closure would be for Gold to let her go but telling her this time that he could never make her happy. I don't want to hope too much though

And I WANT a Emma centered epi as well, with LOTS of Gold. Emma deserves to have her own story too! I want to see how Gold knew Henry was born in jail
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)

I want to see how Gold knew Henry was born in jail
In my mind (in which Gold would just be Henry's father) he has kept an eye on Emma ever since she was a young child and he had a hand in her being thrown into jail. He perhaps even bribed the people around her to convince her to give up the baby for adoption 8') Which would be a good thing to ask her forgiveness for as a final favour x'] After all, he brought Henry to Regina, which means he was able to leave the town, which means he knew about Emma having the child, which means he could have had a hand in the baby's... birth.. even 8') To quote Gold "One can wish"
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi again, Sweet Charity! Good to see you here!

Kendra: I guess I beat you to it... Sorry, I get so excited when I see a new Emma/Gold video or anything else for that matter. I know her too, well, I follow her on Tumblr anyway.

There's people who've said they sizzle? I don't see it...cute I can see. Sweet too. But not sizzling. I am biased though.

Yay! I'll look forward to a new chapter of Swan Dive!

Is this the picture you're talking about: House Promo

RumpelGold: I would love it if you were right. This show isn't exactly made for children but it's family friendly, I suppose. Sometimes I wish it were on HBO, then maybe it could be darker.

I would think that by how much they mention Lost that they would not be afraid to kill characters off, since they did it so much on that show. I agree on the Emma-centric episode! With lots of Mr. Gold of course, in fact an episode with just them would suit me fine.

Eliza: Aww, don't be depressed! We need to stay positive...

You are right, Mr. Gold should follow his own advice.

If he ends up with Belle....I'd be unhappy, but by then I'd probably have stopped watching the show. I just can't see it happening too early on.

And you're welcome about the video! I'm sure you would have found it on your own soon enough.

I think this song would make a good Emma/Gold video. Yes, it's another Nine Inch Nails song. But the lyrics remind me of Mr. Gold.

Sunspots by Nine Inch Nails

Last edited by EmmaGold; 02-19-2012 at 07:20 AM
Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

Eliza, i hope it´s okay for me to respond here since the other thread is closed
Here in Portugal, i see Once Upon a Time on Fridays, so i haven´t see that one (Desperate Souls).

By the way, i want to use a icon and i was gonna make one for me but i´m afraid of making one that someone already did or has . I´m also making some fan art about them, so can i posted here when i´m done?

I know that i already said this but sorry for my english. Sometimes i´m a little confused about some words
Old 02-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGold (View Post)

I think this song would make a good Emma/Gold video. Yes, it's another Nine Inch Nails song. But the lyrics remind me of Mr. Gold.

Sunspots by Nine Inch Nails
Omg.. Nine Inch Nails =O <3
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Eliza, TFTNT!

EmmaGold, that was probably the best Gemma vid that I've ever seen. Just amazing.

Jensen girl, you can absolutely post your art over here. I can't wait to see it!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaForADay (View Post)
Eliza, TFTNT!

EmmaGold, that was probably the best Gemma vid that I've ever seen. Just amazing.
You're welcome

Wait before you see my vid!!! Ok, it probably won't be THAT good

RumpelGold: Yeah, in my mind, Gold just met Emma before and they got Henry together, and he's used magic so she can't recognize him anymore. But it won't happen I know That said, we're almost sure he knew she was in jail when she had Henry and he "got" Henry for Regina so I want to see how THIS happened

EmmaGold: Yeah, I wish I could stay positive, but I feel like there has been NO good news for us lately

I thought that if he ended up with Belle it would be well... At the end of the show. So no need for stopping to watch it anyway, it'll just feel like all the Gemma scenes we had made NO sens

I'm going to listen to that song

Ilda (that's your name right? ): We must post here now, we've made it to a new thread

I can't wait for you to see Desperate Souls!!!!! Best OUAT episode so far, at least for us

And you can only use an icon you've made once you've reached 101 posts hun, but PLEASE post your fanarts!!!!! We definitely need more Gold/Emma fanarts over here

Once again, your english is fine
Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
Yeah, in my mind, Gold just met Emma before and they got Henry together, and he's used magic so she can't recognize him anymore. But it won't happen I know That said, we're almost sure he knew she was in jail when she had Henry and he "got" Henry for Regina so I want to see how THIS happened
If you think about it everything would make so much more sense if this would be true. Not only the scenes now but wouldn't it be extra bitter that Rumple, who has lost his son, now had to lose another to the hands of the Evil Queen And doesn't he remember everything because he 'kissed' with Emma 8')?

This is why I wouldn't like it if Baelfire was for instance the father of Emma's kid. Baelfire is said to be a bastard by the Dark One. And the Dark One seems to know almost everything :') Sad to say but Baelfire wouldn't even be Rumple's real son. Which only shows how good Rumple was to raise the child of another and to want to go to any length to protect him. I guess I just want to see Henry related to Gold.

And wouldn't it be so much sweeter if Rumple is the only char Henry can't place, and it would turn out he's his father. Owww boy 8') The feelings! How would Henry react to it? Not only would his father be Rumplestiltskin, the evil man of his book, and not only would he be the man feared by almost everyone in town... he'd also be the one who had given him to Regina...Who had planned it all for him to be adopted 8') You can fill an entire episode about that last detail alone. How Regina could comment on that to Gold or abuse such knowledge And how would he win Henry back? It's obvious Gold wants to help Emma, he wants to help 'Henry's' side. Such a situation would complicate their relations and this would work in favour for Regina 8)

I've obviously been thinking too much about this all x'D