Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inalgebra (View Post)
I still totally ship Gold/Emma - they have fab chemistry and make sense as a pairing in a hero/antihero way. They'll still have lots of cool scenes together. They still have a common enemy in Regina. I'll only be annoyed if the show makes Emma and Gold real out and out enemies, but I don't think that's likely.
I completely agree with you on this.

Quote:
Pairings not being canon means nothing to me & I'm well used to ignoring canon OTP because (with a few rare exceptions) I've always worn slash goggles
Oh I usually wear the slash goggles as well. This is one of the only shows that I do not

-Lisa-
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM
New Fan

Kendra : I thought he said cone but to be honest I may have been distracted by the cute facial expression he was giving Emma so...

I was upset with the way they wrote Belle. For show that writes such strong, independent women I don't think they wrote her that way. I was at least hoping that when she served him tea she would be all sarcastic at his demands (dust, wash my clothes, serve me, etc...). Instead she seemed resigned to be his servant. That rebellious streak we all remember from the fairytale was gone. The only time she showed some back bone was when he told her to leave and IMO she wasn't upset because he couldn't accept she could love him but rather because he was unwillingly to change.

To be honest, if the story had been told properly I might have found the episode bitter sweet. Instead it just fell flat to me.

On a brighter note, it did give me an idea for a sequel to Need . Haven't even finished plotting the rest of the chapters of Need but I have an idea for what will happen in the sequel.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Just reminding you guys to stay on topic please.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Back.. what did I miss 8)? Apart from having to stay on topic?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
New Fan

Does anyone have any Emma/Gold or Emma/Rumplestiltskin fic recommendations?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashira1786 (View Post)
I recommend Swan Dive and Opportunist, both on Fan Fiction Net.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:29 PM
New Fan

So, I just finishing watching for the third time. Absolutely love the episode, but mostly for the depth it brings to Rumpel/Gold. I read the chat with the writer Jane Eperson (?) who mentioned they had to cut 18 minutes from the episode, so maybe that's why it seemed rushed -- boy could I ever go for adding that footage back for the DVD! I thought Rumple/Belle had a sweet, tentative, affectionate love. Fondness based on familiarity, not the instant attraction chemistry that seems to permeate his interactions with Emma. Mostly, I want Rumpel/Gold to get a happy ending, so showing he is capable of loving Belle (even in his old bachelorish way) puts him much more firmly on that path.

Obviously, the writers need to rescue Belle, not so much for her sake as to get her out of the EQ's grip. As long as she's Regina's ace in the hole, Rumpel/Gold can be placed in checkmate (to mix metaphors). Then, she'd either have to be a recurring character or Rumpel would need to pack her off somewhere out of harms way. IMO, we have enough princesses running around (unless Snow and PC get their happy ending and depart the show or some other unlikely event). Maybe Rumpel can get her out of Storybrooke (or maybe even the Stranger could) and she can see the world and find her real beast and let Emma have at Gold! I really can't see them killing off a fan-favorite Disney princess, so I discount that option.

It's not like I ever expected Gold and Emma to really become a romantic couple anytime before (possibly) the last season -- and that's assuming he actually proves to be the antihero of our little drama (which I do think is possible). So, we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I plan to enjoy the show and read whatever Emma/Gold or Belle/Rumpel fanfic strikes my fancy.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

I girls!

I cannot wait to see the scenes between Mr. Gold / Emma

I have not seen the episode but there is no reason to be sad, Rumple / Belle could become the OTP only if Emilie series regulars, and I do not see this happen.
Spoiler:

Also Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitisis yesterday confirmed it's Emma's largest story they’re trying to tell about in OUAT and they call her Swan because she will become the future from ugly duckling to swan.
So all of the road go to Emma

Mr Gold / Emma stuff isn't random, ok actors have a chemistry with each other, but the scenes are written in this way by the creators (Jane Espenson in her live chat yestarday said creators drive storyline and take the big decisions and they know where they are going) so...I'm optimist
I don't think Mr Gold and Emma ever become a traditional couple (it would destroy their sparks chemistry, they are not the type of characters that can become a housewife couple for years but I have faith that the ship scenes between them will continue until the end )
And perhaps at least a kiss or sex will vent all the pent-up sexual tension for years

Last edited by suite; 02-13-2012 at 09:09 PM
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Extreme Fan

*shuffles miserably into thread*

*basks in the Gemma love and positivity*

Seriously, guys, ILU all.

Saw the episode, and now I feel like I've been slapped in the face... by a soft, silky handkerchief smelling of fresh straw and roses. IT IS THE MOST CONFLICTING FEELING EVER. I'VE BEEN IN THE WEIRDEST/MOST DISTRACTED MOOD SINCE LAST NIGHT.

Also, I would like to take this moment to vow that I will never, ever make boldface, large-print predictions about the show again. I don't think I have ever, in my life, been this wrong.

Nevertheless, I must admit that I do agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJenna (View Post)
Absolutely love the episode, but mostly for the depth it brings to Rumpel/Gold. I read the chat with the writer Jane Eperson (?) who mentioned they had to cut 18 minutes from the episode, so maybe that's why it seemed rushed -- boy could I ever go for adding that footage back for the DVD! I thought Rumple/Belle had a sweet, tentative, affectionate love. Fondness based on familiarity, not the instant attraction chemistry that seems to permeate his interactions with Emma. Mostly, I want Rumpel/Gold to get a happy ending, so showing he is capable of loving Belle (even in his old bachelorish way) puts him much more firmly on that path.
However, I CANNOT SHIP IT. Before the episode aired, I was fairly certain that I could ship them as long as the relationship didn't cross the boundary of FTL. Hell, even while the episode aired, I thought I could ship them as long as Belle didn't make it into SB. But the ending changed everything. This was my reaction watching the episode and then reaching the ending: "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" Ugh. So now I'm bitter about Belle, while simultaneously my love for Rumple has soared to extraordinary heights because of his scenes with her. THIS IS WHAT IS CONFLICTING ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJenna (View Post)
Obviously, the writers need to rescue Belle, not so much for her sake as to get her out of the EQ's grip. As long as she's Regina's ace in the hole, Rumpel/Gold can be placed in checkmate (to mix metaphors). Then, she'd either have to be a recurring character or Rumpel would need to pack her off somewhere out of harms way. IMO, we have enough princesses running around (unless Snow and PC get their happy ending and depart the show or some other unlikely event). Maybe Rumpel can get her out of Storybrooke (or maybe even the Stranger could) and she can see the world and find her real beast and let Emma have at Gold! I really can't see them killing off a fan-favorite Disney princess, so I discount that option.
I agree that Belle will be rescued, by Gold probably, but unfortunately I can't see her leaving the show by any means other than death. I hate to be one of those people who hates on a character and roots for his or her death because of shipping issues, but, honestly, Gold and Emma have more to offer me, and quite possibly the show, than Belle does at the moment, and the only way for Gold and Emma to get their chance is though Belle's tragic death, IMO. I give it a reasonable chance of happening, too, because if LOST in anything to go by, the writers aren't afraid to sacrifice lives for good storytelling, even the lives of fan favourites.

The only real criticism I can make of this episode from a purely artistic point of view is, as others have already mention, the speed at which the Rumbelle relationship progressed. SEEING THE ENTIRE DEVELOPMENT OF A RELATIONSHIP IN A SINGLE EPISODE IS NOT GOOD STROYTELLING. I could see it working for a one-shot flashback, but not for an OTP. The writers can't just be like, "Oh, hey, look! We're showing you the entire relationship in the span of thirty minutes, and it's the real thing. SHIP IT," because for the viewers to become truly invested in a relationship, it need to be developed over at least over several episodes, if not several seasons. To me, the brevity of the Rumbelle relationship just screams, "This is all there is to it." There is a tiny, teeny part of me holding on to the hope that that was the writers' actual intention, and that Rumbelle isn't in fact OTP, but just a single step in the development of Gold's character. Then, if Belle were to die, and with proper development and progression, Gemma could still be canon.

suite, that spoiler fuels my hope. Thank you.

As for the Gemma scenes in this episode, I hated half and loved the other half. I hated the scenes in which Gold was snappy to Emma when she was trying to help him or lift his spirits, all the more knowing that he was snappy because of Belle. It kind of felt like the writers were trying to tell us Gemma fans something. I did enjoy that it was Emma this time trying to initialize the flirtation. It was a fun little role reversal, and it seems that the attraction may not be as one-sided as we had thought. However, if Emma/Gold/Belle turns into a stupid love triangle, I'll be very annoyed.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Gemma scenes that were already mentioned. I loved her offering him half of her sandwich and him asking her to grab an ice cream cone for him! And the handcuffing scene! They were smirking so much, it was obvious that they both enjoyed it. However, my favourite scene out of the entire episode, and it hasn't really been mentioned so far, is when Emma walks in on Gold beating Moe, and her reaction to it. She doesn't scream in horror, yell in anger, take out her gun, or tackle Gold to the floor. She's not angry at Gold or afraid of him. Instead, she is very calm and almost empathetic in that scene. It's almost as if she understands the state he's in and can't condemn him for it. This makes me wonder if she's been in Gold's situation before.... On Gold's part, notice too that all it took from Emma was to rather gently catch his arm to get him to stop. He didn't try to fight her or protest, even though he was in a pretty unstable state by then. To me, this only speaks of a meaningful connection already existing between them.

Whew. I think I've shared every single thought that I needed to spill about this episode. Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep with a clearer mind tonight. Before I go to bed, I'd just like to say welcome to all of our new arrivals (the whole bunch of them)! And I'd also like to keep the Gemma love burning with this new icon that I made:

Good night!

Last edited by JuliaForADay; 02-14-2012 at 12:05 AM
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra Luehr (View Post)
Wait, did Gold tell Emma to bring him back an ice cream cone?? I thought he said "a cold one," meaning a beer. XD Still, it's kind of funny if it's the latter since that town drinks like a fish... lmao
LOL! Sorry but cold one made me crack up! I don't think he said cold one...I'll have to watch again. I didn't really catch what he said until other people were talking about a cone...

I can't wait to see your vid! I'm glad you're still doing videos!

Shama: I agree with what you said completely! If Belle was written better, maybe I would have liked it better.

I don't think adding 18 minutes to the episode would have helped me any. It needs more than one episode, I need to feel the characters develop, so that's what I have a problem with. If they want me to believe that Rumpel/Belle are OTP, they're gonna have to do better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashira1786
I recommend:

Consequence and Curiosity by Lady Predator Not really romantic, but very good!

Tied Up In Red by Kathrynthegreat

Possesion by Storybookpen

Simple Pleasures by Storybookpen

Necessary Sacrifice by Storybookpen

Need by Khan81

Hidden Desires by Kendra Luehr

Julia: I feel the same way as you! I pretty much nodded in agreement, reading your post. I also like what you mentioned about the scene where Mr. Gold was beating Belle's father and how Emma reacted. I need to watch that again! Also, I love the icon!

Here's the art I did the night before the new episode aired. It's not the best, since I made it on the laptop without a mouse, but I was thinking of submitting it to that Once Upon a Time contest thing they were having on Tumblr.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can't see her leaving the show by any means other than death.
Quote:
the only way for Gold and Emma to get their chance is though Belle's tragic death, IMO
Spoiler:
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm writing my frustrations away from me right now 8') *chuckles*

There are still so many possibilities left.

For once I think Mr Gold's involvement might not have started romantically or with 'kind' intentions, but purely out of selfishness. The thing that makes me love the two is the way this seems to evolve in more. They have great potential in working together, in becoming closer than any of the other characters so far in the series, and well..
Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 AM
New Fan

Julia: I looooooove your thoughts on the scene where Emma stops Gold from beating Moe up. It also adds more weight to the idea that Emma can actually understand Gold - and accept him.

EmmaGold: EFGWEGFLWEGFILWE OMG THAT ART LOOKS AMAZING! Oh please submit it!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stopping in to comment that while I do like Rumple/Belle, and I am not opposed to them being together at all, I liked what this episode did in the wake of fleshing out Rumple some more. I don't think this undermines Emma/Gold or any future scenes with them either. His connection to Belle allowed us to see that beneath the dark one curse, the real rumplestiltskin is still in there. However, with that said, I also still think it's possible that a real 'beast/prince' character might reside out there somewhere who is really meant to be with Belle. Belle's purpose might have been to show that Mr. Gold can love one day, be saved from his curse, and will get the happy ending. But she might not be the girl to ultimately do it herself.

Bringing this into Emma/Gold, it's still possible that Emma, as the Savior, is Mr. Gold's second and final chance. Emma might be the one to ultimately save Mr. Gold, depending on what happens and what this future favor is all about. I still think there is a reason why it was so important in the pilot episode for Rumple to want to know what Emma's name would be.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

suite: That DOES give me some hope, but the past tense may just be because they've already filmed it? So you're saying Belle comes back in episode 14?? Wow, that was fast. Emilie says she comes back and that she'd love to come back AGAIN, though, so to me that doesn't mean she's dead. :/ I could see Gold letting her go just as Rumpel did...or perhaps because this time around he realizes he can't give her what she needs to live a normal, happy life. He's probably more convinced than ever that he doesn't deserve love (D, so yeah...

I saw some say that the true love's kiss didn't work because Rumpel didn't believe in it/that she could love him. If this is true, DISLIKE!

RumpelGold brought up how Operation Cobra is named after a snake, and that's what Gold is compared to. :'D 'Cause remember when Regina called him a snake? OH C'MON, OF COURSE YOU DO -- THAT'S WHEN SHE TOLD EMMA TO BE CAREFUL WHO SHE GOT INTO BED WITH. *has that line memorized* :heart: I'm hoping this means he's still the father... I'll agree that if he IS the father, it probably started off as selfish reasoning behind it. I doubt he could learn to love Emma before her arrival to Storybrooke.

EmmaGold: SUBMIT IT SUBMIT IT SUBMIT IT. I LOVE IT. What are the song lyrics you used? For a second I thought you were using Corrupt. xP

And I agree... Even if it was turned into an hour long with 18 mins on the side, I couldn't accept them as OTP. :/ As someone else was saying, pairings need to be developed (for me) over the course of a series, not a couple episodes. I guess that's why I couldn't get into Snow x Charming, because their relationship jumped around too much. Although I DID enjoy their chemistry before they became an item.

And ditto on Belle. She seemed almost selfish, because she wanted to save Rumpel/be his heroine. She also seemed more upset by the fact she couldn't change him... She wanted him to love her (selfishly) because she couldn't accept him for who he is. She even said she could love him, if it weren't for the evil streak inside. THIS IS NOT MY BELLE. ;__;

Julia: I thought I might be able to ship them, too, but as it turns out? They didn't do anything for me. :/ I'll admit I thought the bit with the cup was tragically beautiful, but it's not enough to move me to ship them. It's more of a memory thing... Like, he upholds her memory via that cup. I'm waiting for the day when it'll break/he'll be free of the shackles that one little cup restrains him with. Even better if Emma breaks it. :') LOL Because she's his savior, in my mind.

Perhaps Emma will rescue Belle, instead, and reunite her with Gold? If that happens, I'll cry. -.- Emma is very selfless...I think she's a stronger/better version of Belle. GOLD HAS TO SEE THAT, OR ELSE HE WOULDN'T WANT HER ON HIS SIDE.

Love your icon! :heart:

KCJenna: I don't know...something about seeing Gold being all emo over love wasn't appealing to me. I also didn't like seeing that side of Rumpel, because he acted differently almost IMMEDIATELY! I need SOME build-up...at least have him be disdainful for a little while. Even though Belle mentioned being there for months, that's not enough for me. I NEED time proof via ACTUAL time/episodes.

This episode's put me in such a funk, I can't even explain it. XD On the plus side, I'm almost finished with CH 7 of Swan Dive, so I guess it fueled me to work on it. :') My Rumbelle vid was INSANELY popular, which made me want to cry. Over 300 views in one day! ;_; So yes, everyone loves Rumbelle. *dead* Initially I could see why (before I saw the episode), because they seemed adorable in that curtain scene, but now it's just......forced. And Belle was a total flirt. o_O ME NO RIKEY. lol

khan: Yaaay, so glad it gave you ideas for a sequel! SOMETHING has to come from this crap!

Someone actually suggested we rally a bunch of people to go onto the OUAT fanpage on Facebook, and state how we won't watch unless Belle's nixed from the main cast...or if Rumpel doesn't start getting "Rumpel-y" again, we're done.

Although initially I was tempted, if Belle comes back in the 14th episode, I'm willing to wait and see what they do.

GrhmLz: That's a lovely thought, and I hope it's true.

P.S. WHO IS THE DOVE???? I saw him listed on the cast list on imdb, but do NOT remember him in Skin Deep! ...I was hoping he'd be the Beast. -.-