Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I agree with you girls I also want to see what hold he has on her I think it might have something to do with him seeing her future though

I'm still wondering why he wants Emma to break the curse. He doesn't seem pleased about her helping Cinderella well he surely won't be pleased about it (a deal is a deal)
Yeah, I still question why he wanted her to come to town in the first place. One minute, he's offering Regina to help take care of the problem (aka. Emma) and the next Regina is figuring out that he actually wanted her to come to town.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
You can call me Eliza Btw what can we call you? It means that for exemple if in this thread you like Mr Gold/Emma as friends or if you ship them your name will be added in the opening post. On other threads if you like a character you can be added on the opening post to show you support them
So then yes, for sure add me to this one, and thanks Eliza. Who decides/has the ability to add people? The creator of the thread? Bear with me as I'm a novice. I will ask to be added to the posts supporting other characters I like as well then.

What a friendly bunch you are here. Would you believe me if I told you my name is Mary Margaret? I know, but I'm still partial to Rumpelstiltskin at this point, although after Sunday's show, she and her counterpart have grown on me in leaps and bounds. So you can call me MM or Rumpel I'm good (or bad) with either.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpel Sylph's Kin (View Post)
So then yes, for sure add me to this one, and thanks Eliza. Who decides/has the ability to add people? The creator of the thread? Bear with me as I'm a novice. I will ask to be added to the posts supporting other characters I like as well then.

What a friendly bunch you are here. Would you believe me if I told you my name is Mary Margaret? I know, but I'm still partial to Rumpelstiltskin at this point, although after Sunday's show, she and her counterpart have grown on me in leaps and bounds. So you can call me MM or Rumpel I'm good (or bad) with either.
I can add you to the list now. The thread starter or a mod of the board is able to go to the OP and add supporters to the lists.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I can add you to the list now. The thread starter or a mod of the board is able to go to the OP and add supporters to the lists.
Ok, thanks Heather.

Yea, it seems confusing why Rumpl would want Emma to come and change things back. He's got a pretty cushy life here compared to where he was at, but I'm not at all convinced he couldn't have changed his circumstances had he wanted to. I'm intrigued, anyway.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ok, thanks Heather.

Yea, it seems confusing why Rumpl would want Emma to come and change things back. He's got a pretty cushy life here compared to where he was at, but I'm not at all convinced he couldn't have changed his circumstances had he wanted to. I'm intrigued, anyway.
You're welcome.

Yes, there's a lot of intrigue surrounding his character because he's not one we can fully figure out. Nor do I think we ever will be - he's going to keep the other characters on their toes.

He does appear to have a knack for playing both sides of the fence so to speak. He bartered for a better life in Storybrooke but then we have the question of him knowing about Emma and breaking the curse. Hm ... I wonder what else he might know about the 'future' that he kept from everyone else?!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A little late, but thank you for the new thread!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I agree knowing her name gives him power based on rumpl's story. Ya gotta give him that whether he's taking advantage of the weak or not, there is a certain honor in his mantra, a deal is a deal. I wonder if he may be behind the magic of the "wardrobe" brought to Emma's parents by the blue fairy. He did write the curse after all, and knew about, therefore included in it, the return of Emma to restore her people's world at age 28.
I'm curious though in what.. Rumplestiltskin 'weakness' will be? We know in his actual story, he made a deal that if the Miller's daughter can tell him his name then their deal will be broken, but in this series, it seems people know his name by now.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's alright, you're welcome, Tara.

Quote:
I'm curious though in what.. Rumplestiltskin 'weakness' will be? We know in his actual story, he made a deal that if the Miller's daughter can tell him his name then their deal will be broken, but in this series, it seems people know his name by now.

The circumstances might be different but the principle the same. For example, like Rumple brought up, love him or hate him - a deal is a deal with him. Not matter who he's taking advantage of, he sticks by that mantra. Now, in the future, that can still be his undoing. The Miller's daughter was crafty, in Rumplestiltskin's overzealousness, he thought he had the Queen beat - that she never would figure out his name. Thus, his carelessness in acting so freely when he dance and sung to his name. Maybe that will happen here, his pride might get the better of him because others can take advantage of their deals in the same way he does.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It's alright, you're welcome, Tara.

The circumstances might be different but the principle the same. For example, like Rumple brought up, love him or hate him - a deal is a deal with him. Not matter who he's taking advantage of, he sticks by that mantra. Now, in the future, that can still be his undoing. The Miller's daughter was crafty, in Rumplestiltskin's overzealousness, he thought he had the Queen beat - that she never would figure out his name. Thus, his carelessness in acting so freely when he dance and sung to his name. Maybe that will happen here, his pride might get the better of him because others can take advantage of their deals in the same way he does.
True. XD I hope we see a bit of his deals backfiring on him soon. I'm sure he's more careful now, especialyl knowing he was imprisoned last time probably due to that carelessness.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I hope we get to see some of the downfalls too. He is probably more careful but there is probably some times where he still slips up. It's getting caught that's the thing.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Though I don't see that downfall happening anytime soon. The rest of the characters, much less Emma, aren't even aware of the role he plays in the story, and are only focused on Regina.

Last edited by Sansa; 11-08-2011 at 08:20 PM
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that's because Regina is the immediate threat right now. It will be interesting to see what Emma thinks what she has more interactions with Mr. gold.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, everyone, including Regina hersself, thinks Regina is the threat, so who knows when we will see more of his weakness
Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It will take some time for them to learn it, but I think Emma is a smart gal and will figure it out.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa (View Post)
Though I don't see that downfall happening anytime soon. The rest of the characters, much less Emma, aren't even aware of the role he plays in the story, and are only focused on Regina.
It's a great strategy, let someone else be the focal point and pull the strings from behind the scenes. I think Emma's on her way to taking that stage center, taking on both Regina and Gold!

Can I please be added to this thread?