Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think there's always a serious question of how nationally legal that adoption ever could have been, but even if it was, if Storybrooke had access to even state laws, getting Regina's parental rights revoked would have been a cake walk after she poisoned him. Regina appears to have done the Storybrooke version of relinquishing custody to the Charmings in early S1 so if Storybrooke rules apply to her adoption, so must they apply to giving him to David. And no one was going to just hand Henry to Regina when they thought she murdered Archie- in the real world, he'd have been taken to Social Services before she ever had access to him. Following that, Regina disappeared and no one could find her until after Emma took Henry to NYC, so I'm still trying to figure out how she thought she could be consulted even had Emma wanted to.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I think there's always a serious question of how nationally legal that adoption ever could have been, but even if it was, if Storybrooke had access to even state laws, getting Regina's parental rights revoked would have been a cake walk after she poisoned him. Regina appears to have done the Storybrooke version of relinquishing custody to the Charmings in early S1 so if Storybrooke rules apply to her adoption, so must they apply to giving him to David. And no one was going to just hand Henry to Regina when they thought she murdered Archie- in the real world, he'd have been taken to Social Services before she ever had access to him. Following that, Regina disappeared and no one could find her until after Emma took Henry to NYC, so I'm still trying to figure out how she thought she could be consulted even had Emma wanted to.

I don't know how legal Regina's adoption of Henry was. Probably not that legal. However . . . even if Regina had legally lost Henry, Emma would have never gained custody of him. There are cases of birth parents regaining custody of the children they have given up for adoption. But due to Emma's criminal past, her stretch in prison and the fact that she had broken the law to stay in Storybrooke and be near Henry; I doubt that the state would had allowed her guardianship of Henry.

As we all now know, both Regina and Emma are better off sharing custody of Henry.

However, I do wonder why Emma allowed Henry to accompany her to New York in the first place.

Quote:
Regina's vengeance over Daniel aimed at Snow isn't an actual thing- it's something completely made up in Regina's head so she doesn't have to blame her mother.
Actually, Regina did blame Cora, as well. Which is one of the reasons why she had banished Cora to Wonderland in the first place.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

99 Episodes in 99 Days
Episode 2x16 | “The Miller’s Daughter” | #38
Written by: Jane Espenson
Directed by: Ralph Hemecker
Cora’s desire to rid herself of Rumplestiltskin in order to take his place as The Dark One takes one step closer to becoming reality as she and Regina try to overpower a dying Mr. Gold, and Mary Margaret is once again tempted by dark magic. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin agrees to offer his services to a younger Cora - for a price - when the king calls her bluff and orders her to actually follow through on her boast of being able to spin straw into gold.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved this episode. Cora's backstory with Rumple was so good!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rose does a good job with young cora
Old 01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that was perfect casting
Old 10-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

OK, up to this point I was only going to give my thoughts on S2 after I've finished watching the whole season, (to ensure I keep myself spoiler free and don't accidentally read any) but then I watched this episode and I can't hold in my emotions anymore. Damn this episode! WHY Snow??! Why didn't you listen to David's sound advice? I understand that it was the last straw when Cora killed Johanna, not to mention finding out that she also killed her mother in the last episode, but stooping to the evil level of cursing Cora's heart and then manipulating Regina to take her mother's heart back to her, knowing that Cora will die was messed up. And she knew that straight away, she felt deeply guilty. That guilt is going to stay with her now. This whole show is messed up!!! Now Regina has more reason to hate Snow. She will go back to being the Evil Queen. Rumple did manipulate Snow into doing it, he knew she wanted Cora dead and using that thing to save one life, his, in return for Cora's. That in itself is messed up. And on top of that, the possibility of Regina being Rumple's daughter?! Was Cora pregnant at the time when she broke off that deal with him? My head hurts thinking about it all. Up till this point, I was pretty much following this show ok, and now I feel completely lost and bewildered. There are so many things still need explaining. Like, how did Eva become so pure and good when as a teenager she was a spoilt bad princess?! She was mean to Cora, so was that just another sad reason Cora later killed her?

I loved seeing Rose Mcgowan as young Cora. Charmed was the last show I had watched and I hadn't seen Rose in anything else up until this point, so I still see her as Paige. She was great as young Cora though. I just love seeing actors from my favourite shows being in my other favourite shows.

Last edited by livstevi21; 10-11-2016 at 02:20 PM