Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I still don't get what changes in him with a beating heart. He was already able to travel to the real world, and he doesn't seem particularly nicer in next episode's promo
Wait,that's right-He went to Oz. I think he might be talking about Storybrooke. Maybe Oz is the only place he's ever been to. He's never mentioned being to FTL.

I think maybe having a heart is what makes him feel again. He gets to be a person on the surface,not some dready god everyone fears. I don't think he has any magic on the surface, b/c we don't see him using it.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Maybe

He's been to the FTL though because he talked to Liam, but you might have a point it could be different for TLWM

RoseBennett
Old 05-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Wait,that's right-He went to Oz. I think he might be talking about Storybrooke. Maybe Oz is the only place he's ever been to. He's never mentioned being to FTL.

Yes he has been to FTL when he made the deal with Liam.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Yes he has been to FTL when he made the deal with Liam.
That part confuses me so much. The Queen's royal Navy is in the real world,not FTL. I know Hook met Milah in FTL, but he's from the real world. It took me a minute, but I got it straight:

*Liam and Killian were born in the real world

*Liam and Killian were servants on the ship in the real world.

*Hades came to Liam in the real world as Death and offered him the chance to get his wish

*Liam gets sick

*Hook meets Pan and crosses the boundary between worlds

*Liam takes the solution in the real world and dies.

*Killian becomes a pirate and begins his dealings with Pan and everyone else.

Hades never appeared to anyone we know in FTL,he only appeared to Zelena.

The show has done this before and it's one of the reasons why I think Rumple is a Stu. I don't even get why the character of Dr. Whale is even necessary. Dorothy is part of the Oz fandom, but the show has never dealt with Frankenstein and never will.

Hades could have easily appeared in FTL as death,but he couldn't appear to just anyone. He could have come to Rumple to work together, but it only makes sense to appear to certain people.

His heart beating is necessary because he can feel again,he's a person and he's not confined to limited visits. He told Zelena that he had to go back because he was trapped and now he isn't.

In canon, Hades doesn't leave the Underworld. You come to him,not vice-versa. Persephone can't leave until Fall and I just realized something. He's being this way because Zelena is his Persephone. He would have loved for the 3 of them to stay in the underworld,but even if he's alive,he doesn't know how to interact with anyone. He's used to getting the short end of the stick.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I honestly don't believe so. The captain of of the ship was Captain Silver. There is no real life Captain Silver, and the only one I know of is Long John Silver from Treasure Island. Where else but in FTL can you sail into a eye of a hurricane and get a precious stone? (I know Hades gave it to Liam, but the crew was attempting to do it before the mutiny.) He also joins the King's Navy, not the Queen's .
Old 05-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Did Hook meet Pan before he met Mialh/Rumple? I honestly can't remember, I thought first time he went to Neverland was after Rumple killed Milah, so he'd have to find a way to ftl before in that case. And there's the point that anyone who was from FTL had to come back with Regina's curse 2.0 in 3x11. Even Bae who had lived in NY,

RoseBennett
Old 05-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did Hook meet Pan before he met Mialh/Rumple? I honestly can't remember, I thought first time he went to Neverland was after Rumple killed Milah, so he'd have to find a way to ftl before in that case. And there's the point that anyone who was from FTL had to come back with Regina's curse 2.0 in 3x11. Even Bae who had lived in NY,
Yes he did, with Liam, when they went to Nederland using Pegasus' wings to get the poisonous plant for the King. That is why he went back to Neverland after Mlah died. To get the plant to kill Rumple, but Pan kept him as a virtual prisoner, delaying his return.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Ok I see, sorry I forgot that

RoseBennett
Old 05-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
I honestly don't believe so. The captain of of the ship was Captain Silver. There is no real life Captain Silver, and the only one I know of is Long John Silver from Treasure Island. Where else but in FTL can you sail into a eye of a hurricane and get a precious stone? (I know Hades gave it to Liam, but the crew was attempting to do it before the mutiny.) He also joins the King's Navy, not the Queen's .
That's still confusing,though. In FTL, Regina is the ruler. If she's EQ,who's the King?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That's still confusing,though. In FTL, Regina is the ruler. If she's EQ,who's the King?
She was ruler of one part of FTL. I like to think of it like medieval Europe. A lot of little countries.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Ah, ok. That makes sense-It's hard to tell, since we only see one part so much of the time. The fact that Liam and Killian both have British names,British accents and British soldier's uniforms makes it even more confusing. What's the point in making it exactly like England if it's not England? I thought about and it wouldn't have been the Queen's Navy. The only queens were Mary, Elizabeth I,Victoria and Elizabeth II. It would most definitely be the king's Navy. They should have just made it their own.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

I think their geography is aw woobly as their timeline

But I think if Hook/Liam were the only one from "real past" it would have been mentioned in a strongest way. And there's still the problem of the curse taking him back in S3.

RoseBennett
Old 05-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ah, ok. That makes sense-It's hard to tell, since we only see one part so much of the time. The fact that Liam and Killian both have British names,British accents and British soldier's uniforms makes it even more confusing. What's the point in making it exactly like England if it's not England? I thought about and it wouldn't have been the Queen's Navy. The only queens were Mary, Elizabeth I,Victoria and Elizabeth II. It would most definitely be the king's Navy. They should have just made it their own.
I think the accents are just coincidence. Remember, you had King Goerge and King Midas, along with Cinderella and Prince Thomas, long with Prince Eric's Realm. Also Prince Henry's father was King of yet another "realm". All accessible to each other.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think their geography is aw woobly as their timeline

But I think if Hook/Liam were the only one from "real past" it would have been mentioned in a strongest way. And there's still the problem of the curse taking him back in S3.

That's true. It's always frustrating when shows lose track of their timelines and other things. I honest to god thought they were like the guys from Pirates of the Carribean. I know Colin said he was inspired by Cary Elwes,but his clothes, his appearance and his swagger all make him seem like Captain Jack. Liam seriously reminds me of those characters back in the East India trading company days.

They did better world-building for some places then others. A lot of my friends dislike this season, but the world-building is spectacular. Snowing are obviously going to have perfect world-building, but I still felt like Belle's world was fairly well-built. She lived close enough to run into the dwarves at a tavern, but she wasn't close enough to run into Regina on a frequent basis.

He's seriously in my top 5. Regina really was awesome in S1,Cora was great and I really liked Nimue. I liked Zelena,but like Pan, she overstayed her welcome. I like Hades better than Zelena. He has sibling issues too,but he doesn't whine about them and act like a little kid. Regina was a better villain because she was hardened and cold from losing Daniel and being treated badly by Cora. She held back on everything,even if it caused problems for her. Nimue also chose power over emotions.

I hope he doesn't leave as a softy. Psycho yes,but softy,no. I know he's in love with her,but it shouldn't make him weak,insecure to anything Zelena is.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

x