Salad trident

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 11-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Add me please!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
Salad trident
I thought that was funny also
Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for the add
Old 11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

You can add me!! Totally loved her!!! One of the rare Princesses OUAT didn't ruin at all (for now at least ^^)
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OP has been updated with everyone that asked to be added Welcome.

Thanks for all the art, and their source links. It makes it so much easier to reblog on tumblr.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Add me?

I zoomed forward past the EF flashback mostly, but watching Ariel stab Regina in the neck to save snow was EPIC!

Also, Regina did give Ariel her voice and a chance to find Eric again

Now our little mermaid is off to Storybrook to find Belle and be a hero!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Total Fan

lol: I posted in the wrong thread.

But I really did love Joanna as Ariel
Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Master Fan

It was strange, Arial was a stalker then meets Eric, who falls blindly in love with her out of the blue for no apparent reason. Then straight up prison shanks Regina.

Arial's first episode, and she forks Regina.

And OUAT says their anti Regina/female.

): )
Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
It was strange, Arial was a stalker then meets Eric, who falls blindly in love with her out of the blue for no apparent reason. Then straight up prison shanks Regina.
I think the explanation is that Ariel and Eric are a couple predestined by a goddess. After being rescued, Eric dreamt of Ariel and believed both that these were dreams of his rescuer and that these were visions sent by Ursula. Since what he fell in love with were true visions, I think he has a right to be instantly in love when he meets the girl of his dreams.

I'm going to guess that Ariel may have had similar dreams, also from Ursula. Her love at first sight, then, may count as a revelation (instead of something stalker-ish) as well.

Assuming for the moment Ursula is a benign goddess (I could make several arguments several ways, but let's assume benign for now), the merfolk are clearly her people. Humans like Eric, however, also acknowledge and respect her.

The mermaids we've seen seem to prey on humans. They don't even see them as enemies so much as beings to be killed when they show up at sea.

So, let's assume Ursula doesn't like this. To counteract the hostility between the groups, she gives mermaids the ability to walk on land among humans one day a year--but, from what Ariel said, it sounded like she'd never tested this before. Since Ariel is unusually sympathetic to humans, that suggests most mermaids have never used Ursula's gift.

So, Ursula decides on something else. A human prince who believes in Ursula will fall in love with a mermaid (it's unclear if Ariel's a princess or not in this world). This was supposed to help bring their worlds together.

Then, Regina went and messed everything up.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxmisery (View Post)
Salad trident
that was funny!

Diana
Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Can't wait to see Ariel next week and her scenes with Belle and the rest of SB..
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
I think the explanation is that Ariel and Eric are a couple predestined by a goddess. After being rescued, Eric dreamt of Ariel and believed both that these were dreams of his rescuer and that these were visions sent by Ursula. Since what he fell in love with were true visions, I think he has a right to be instantly in love when he meets the girl of his dreams.

I'm going to guess that Ariel may have had similar dreams, also from Ursula. Her love at first sight, then, may count as a revelation (instead of something stalker-ish) as well.

Assuming for the moment Ursula is a benign goddess (I could make several arguments several ways, but let's assume benign for now), the merfolk are clearly her people. Humans like Eric, however, also acknowledge and respect her.

The mermaids we've seen seem to prey on humans. They don't even see them as enemies so much as beings to be killed when they show up at sea.

So, let's assume Ursula doesn't like this. To counteract the hostility between the groups, she gives mermaids the ability to walk on land among humans one day a year--but, from what Ariel said, it sounded like she'd never tested this before. Since Ariel is unusually sympathetic to humans, that suggests most mermaids have never used Ursula's gift.

So, Ursula decides on something else. A human prince who believes in Ursula will fall in love with a mermaid (it's unclear if Ariel's a princess or not in this world). This was supposed to help bring their worlds together.

Then, Regina went and messed everything up.
Even though I like this theory it strikes me odd that Ursula didn't mention this when she threatened Regina

If Eric/Ariel was her doing then wouldn't she be upset about Regina ruining it?
Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

This weeks episode broke my heart, especially the end. I hope the next one she is reunited with him.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Hope so