Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Despite the high and lows, I enjoyed the episode as a whole. There was a nice balance of happiness, sadness, and angst.

I think also that this is the first time we didn't have a flashback for a villain's backstory in the episode where said character dies.

Kudos to Greg Germann for playing Hades. He gave a knockout performance. He was cold, vulnerable, manipulative. He added just enough shade to his character to be wary of him.

I am happy for Captain Swan, but I'm also sad for Outlaw Queen fans and Robin's "Hoodies."

I understand what Adam and Eddy are trying to do with the story, seeing how Regina will react after losing someone she's loved after all this positive growth development. Will she become the Evil Queen again, and if she does, will it be permanent, temporary or just a struggle? If Regina becomes the Evil Queen permanently, then Robin's death will be in vain.

But I also think Adam and Eddy missed the opportunity to grow Robin as a character. I think that's probably the thing that bothers me the most. We never got to see Robin as a person or see him bond with his daughter.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Despite the high and lows, I enjoyed the episode as a whole. There was a nice balance of happiness, sadness, and angst.

I think also that this is the first time we didn't have a flashback for a villain's backstory in the episode where said character dies.

Kudos to Greg Germann for playing Hades. He gave a knockout performance. He was cold, vulnerable, manipulative. He added just enough shade to his character to be wary of him.

I am happy for Captain Swan, but I'm also sad for Outlaw Queen fans and Robin's "Hoodies."

I understand what Adam and Eddy are trying to do with the story, seeing how Regina will react after losing someone she's loved after all this positive growth development. Will she become the Evil Queen again, and if she does, will it be permanent, temporary or just a struggle? If Regina becomes the Evil Queen permanently, then Robin's death will be in vain.

But I also think Adam and Eddy missed the opportunity to grow Robin as a character. I think that's probably the thing that bothers me the most. We never got to see Robin as a person or see him bond with his daughter.
I agree with everything. I definitely think there was so much more character growth to be had with Robin himself and OQ's relationship.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:58 PM
New Fan

Did anyone read the interview Sean Maguire gave after the episode? He said there were scenes that didn't make it into the episode that showed him see Little John who was caring for Roland and Roland after he came back from the underworld. He said he wished those made it in to the episode and that shooting the scenes made it feel like a different episode than the one that was aired. I think those would have been great scenes. Would have made it more sad though. Hopefully an extra deleted scenes on the season 5 dvd and bluray. It's a good interview. Here is the link. https://www.yahoo.com/tv/once-upon-t...190153524.html

Last edited by sos75; 05-13-2016 at 04:31 PM
Old 03-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Poor Robin. Just when he and Regina could be happy.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Killian teaming up with the man who practically killed him, to get the pages to Emma and help save everyone was pure awesomeness. And Arthur's redemption was a nice surprise. Guess being faced with the choice of the better place or the worse place, finally made him come to his senses.

And then there's Zeus. It's true about the show's rules. Magic can't bring back the dead. But Zeus isn't magic. He's a god. And to be fair, Captain Swan did pass the test down in the underworld. It's not their fault the ambrosia tree was cut down. And even after they were separated he never stopped fighting for her. I would say they earned their second chance to be together.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm in an emotional wreck. I can't even....ugh.

Robin did not deserve that. Regina did not deserve that. Hell, she's lost a second true love. That's just....completely unfair. There are no other words to describe it. I feel so so so sorry for her. I know things can't always be rosy happy all the time in a show like this, but Regina deserved at least a decent amount of time being happy with Robin. She never got that chance, there was always something getting in the way. Like, Emma inadvertently bringing Marian back from the past, Zelena killing Marian and taking her place and having his baby... And what about poor little Roland?! He's lost his mother and father now. Robin was grossly underused this season, so his death, whilst absolutely heartbreaking (I bawled like a baby) just feels numb and very, very sudden. Right before his untimely death, it was very big of Robin to say Zelena deserves a second chance because Regina believes she does because she's her sister. I just don't think, that under the circumstances, Zelena really deserves that kind of forgiveness quite yet. She definitely seems determined to change, but her change of heart does seem a rather 90 degree turn, even with the bonding with Regina after Cora bought them back together.

I wasn't expecting Zelena to use the crystal on Hades. But she did the right thing. I kinda felt bad for her in that moment, and I liked how she went to console her sister over Robin's death. And at Robin's funeral, she even decides to name their daughter Robin, which I have to say is very sweet.

Under every cloud, there is a silver lining, as they say. I say that silver lining is excruciatingly unfair. I'm happy that Zeus sent Hook back to the real Storybrooke as a reward for ultimately helping defeat Hades by sending Emma the message on how to kill him. Hook and Emma's reunion at least wiped away my tears. But it still isn't fair that Hook gets to live and Robin and so many others that didn't deserve to die not given that second chance. Neal, for instance. I know it was shown he didn't have any unfinished business and so didn't end up in the Underworld, but still.

It was nice to see Snow again. And Merida. And Hades killing King Arthur was unexpected. I liked how he and Hook worked together to retrieve the book despite their differences, but didn't like his quick redemption ark. I can't really see Arthur ruling the Underworld...plus he's going to have to fight Cruella for it. But, I guess it would be nice for the people of the Underworld to have an understanding ruler.

And as for Rumple...can we all just agree that he should just stay as a villain now? I never know who's side he's going to be on next. What does he want the crystal for? To wake Belle? How would that work? And Belle's father Moe isn't very caring for his daughter if he'd prefer her to stay under the sleeping curse. I know he hates Rumple and doesn't want Belle with him, but even so.

This episode is definitely not going to be one of my favourites. Even though I loved many aspects of this season, there's a lot that I definitely could have lived without. Season 5 is my least favourite season so far. But I'm still glued to it, so that's gotta mean something about my love for this show.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Well, when talking about what's not fair. I could bring up all the losses Emma suffered in her life, and how she had to grow up an orphan, thinking nobody loved her.

Getting Killian back wasn't just fair, but it was right, especially after she lost both Graham and Neal. The hero got her true love back. That's as perfect a happy ending as this season can get, in my opinion.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

^ True, Emma's losses wasn't fair, her childhood wasn't fair and I totally agree she completely deserved to have her true love back. It's just, when dealing with death, and that one dead person gets a second chance in life, it's not fair on all the others that also deserve that second chance don't get it. Some are ok with moving on, like Cora, but others did not deserve to die. I'm not expecting a perfect happy ending for everyone, like I said, I know this show isn't always going to be that. But that doesn't mean I didn't want it to last at least a little longer for Regina and Robin.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was sad about regina/Robin but I was also happy that Cs were reunited. It was a bittersweet episode for me
Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

I still think Emma did Regina a favour by saving Marian. Did she really want to be the one responsible for Robin losing his wife in the first place?
Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

It's definitely a bittersweet episode.