Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that line, too, because you're thinking as an audience member: You are so wrong, Killian. Thanks for the gif.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes008 (View Post)
i never thought i’d be capable of letting go of my first love of my milah
to believe that i could find someone else that is, until i met you.

with tired eyes;
still not over Killian saying this in Neverland.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Meeting her changed his life ... and gave him something to live for ... and now he has so many things to live for
Old 11-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
still not over Killian saying this in Neverland.
Even though he was left with no choice but to say it, his intensity and vulnerability was too much for me. It made me uncomfortable that he exposed his feelings so much. So I was very much like Emma in that situation, but I agree it was a beautifully acted scene, and a great insight into Killian's character, that Emma gave him hope. And this show is all about hope.
From this week's episode, even though I predicted Emma would be at least a little pissed off/give him the silent treatment over the shears, I'm glad she didn't.

Because she knows what it's like to desperately keep the person you love alive: she's done it. What she did in Camelot was so much worse, in terms of betrayal, personal choice etc, yet I completely understood it. I feel Killian echoed her own thoughts back to her ''I couldn't loose the one thing that might help save you, even if that meant you hated me.''
And like some of you have said I'm glad that it was resolved quickly and peacefully... there was no screaming, no throwing things, no storming off. That shows the level of respect and strength of their relationship, that Emma & Killian can have these really hard conversations, regardless of how the other person might react. That need to communicate, to have the other understand, to voice their feelings, overrides the fear, or anger that might come with it. Because they are both in agreement that communication is so important after everything they've been through.

In other aspects of this episode....I loved the domestic morning scene the ''green hook?'' and cute smirk from Emma (although I could see Henry feeling slightly like ''are you gonna start making out? should I leave?'' with the side eye) and the ''you were up early this morning...'' that line was such a tease, although implies alot about their sleeping arrangements. Either Emma rolled over and found he wasn't beside her, or stumbled past the guest room half asleep and noticed he wasn't there. Obviously i think it's the first option because c'mon, Emma thinks she's gonna die, Killian literally has died, you think they'd recognise that time shouldn't be taken for granted, but a little confirmation would be nice.

I also loved the Henry/Killian bonding throughout the episode, and even the EQ's constant references to Killian as Henry's father....not to mention Rumple actually saying it at the end there. Loved that so so much. Also Rumple's probably jealous that fathering/step fathering comes naturally to Killian (even though like Emma was, he doubts his abilities to care for a child) and he instinctively puts his stepchild first, unlike with Balefire.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Well said Maddie.

Until i met you.... and when you meet the right person, everything changes...

These are the words Hook has said, and its so true.
Hook had to wait to meet that person to change everything for him, bring that hope, love and light - Emma Swan

Old 11-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

their story is so beautiful

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Timeless Love

Old 11-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

OH the feels so many emotions

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
their story is so beautiful
It truly is. Such a wonderful OTP
Old 11-03-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

they're amazing, everything made this show much much better

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I love how their love story has been

How they fit and how they had to meet at the right time too
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Old 11-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't imaging how they wouldve happen if Killian was in Storybrooke during the curse (season 1) but I love everything about them

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
I can't imaging how they wouldve happen if Killian was in Storybrooke during the curse (season 1) but I love everything about them
I do wonder what their plan would be, seeing as they wanted Hook since season 1 but didnt get the rights to him in time for the show.

But i think Emma not having a love interest in Season 1 was good, because for me Season 1 is Emma and Henry's relationship, her falling in love with her son, despite her keeping him at a distant, and breaking the curse. And then she breaks the curse, as we see in season 2 - we see her romantic arc as in past v present as she meet Hook in the Enchanted Forest.... etc

Old 11-04-2016, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazelEyes008 (View Post)
I do wonder what their plan would be, seeing as they wanted Hook since season 1 but didnt get the rights to him in time for the show.

But i think Emma not having a love interest in Season 1 was good, because for me Season 1 is Emma and Henry's relationship, her falling in love with her son, despite her keeping him at a distant, and breaking the curse. And then she breaks the curse, as we see in season 2 - we see her romantic arc as in past v present as she meet Hook in the Enchanted Forest.... etc
I agree. The fanfics I've seen where he is in season 1 never seem to work for me. As much as I miss him in that season, I think his introduction is so good, and works so well for the story.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree. Emma was so closed off and broken when we met her, that I don't think meeting Killian in Season One would've worked. Graham was the safe choice, in the fact that he was half in love with her already, but he didn't challenge her like Killian does. Emma & Killian work hard at their relationship, but they are both stubborn, fiery people. Neither back down easily, and part of that passion is what makes their relationship so electric - they have that instant connection and understanding. They force each other to confront parts of their pasts, which are necessary to heal, move on and become stronger, both as individuals and a couple.

Graham wanted someone to save him from his circumstances, although there was an attraction there, I get the feeling he would've let Emma continue down her path of self destruction. I saw it as an unequal partnership. Emma could get close to him physically, sexually, even a little emotionally, just enough to throw him off asking too many personal questions, but she would never be as emotionally open as we see her with Killian. In order to do that you have to be vulnerable, to step out of your comfort zone and Emma wasn't in the headspace to do that, her heart hadn't softened yet.

Graham taught her it was possible to try to let someone in again, to think about the future with a good man after what happened with Neal. And that was/is an important part of her character development. I think Emma needed to learn from Graham (and his death) in order to be in the place she is now with Killian. Also it was way more authentic that the first season be about Emma's relationship with Henry, breaking the curse, finding a family etc, as we were introduced to this walled off woman, with the troubled past.
Seeing her son probably brought up all those feelings around (what we now know to be) the foster system, her jail time, pregnancy, birth in prison and giving her son up. Not to mention the memories of Neal - I mean how could you look at your child and not be reminded of his father? Plus we wanted to know as an audience, why Henry came to find her, and to discover her role in this new town and see her tentative relationships take shape.

Emma barely knew who she was. She didn't know anything about her parents, no other family that she was aware of, not many friends...she said herself she was a bit of a loner, mostly likely to protect herself and or to make it easier when she needed to move. She was lost. And so it made sense that those first relationships were with family, who gave her those first inklings of trust, safety, love...things most of us learn as preschoolers - which Emma never had, because she was kicked around the foster system.

But if Hook had been in Season one, i'd imagine he would've been in Storybrooke like the others, with a cursed self (that would've been interesting to see actually). And the relationship would've burnt out or Emma would've run. She would've slept with Killian once or twice then skipped out. Both of them would've used each other to scratch an itch (as we know they've been prone to do, as part of walling themselves off from others) but seen it as nothing more than that. I like that we met him in the Enchanted Forest in all his spiteful vengeance. We see him in his element as the fearsome Captain Hook, plus it makes it all the more bizarre that they are in another land meeting people Emma only thought existed in fairytales. Wow that got meta real quick, sorry guys! Been a busy as hell work week, so it's nice to focus my mind on something else for awhile, a bit of escapism

Last edited by Maddie172; 11-04-2016 at 02:54 AM