Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 08:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Who would have thought that despite being thrown into a clock tower, Regina managed to win that round? Very smart of her. Very smart.
It shocked me too.

She literally came in preparation to lose that fight. By preparing for a loss, she actually won.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
Why so many people at Neal's funeral? No one knew the guy, and he hardly mattered to anyone but Emma.
Hook knew him and cared for him to some degree as Milha's son.

Regina was probably there because it was Henry's father.

Tinkerbelle knew him.

Charming and Snow knew him and had fought alongside him. They were also probably there to support Emma and Henry.

Belle knew him.

Granny and Ruby seem to know everyone sooner or later, although there's no onscreen evidence for more than Neal eating at Granny's. Ruby might have been there because she's one of Belle's friends.

Robin knew him and feels he owed Neal's father for giving him more time with Marion before she died and for letting her live long enough for Roland to be born.

One of the background characters might have been a Lost Boy.

The Blue Fairy had better remember him, all things considered.

There were several others I couldn't identify, but they might have known him, too.

I would have liked to have seen Dove at the funeral.

Archie has probably been avoiding funeral's since his own.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

I actually really liked this ep but my Question is is Zelena supposed to be a cross between Dorothy And the Wicked Witch?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Why so many people at Neal's funeral? No one knew the guy, and he hardly mattered to anyone but Emma.
There was a few young looking boys that could be lost boys. Really, there should have been more boys. Although I guess the lost boys who were originally from earth were left there after Regina undid the curse and now they are scattered through the world (so much Emma giving them a home).

Still, the funeral seemed small to me. Some people were probably there out of respect for Emma, Henry, or Rumple.

Quote:
All of this, ALL OF THIS STORYLINE is about Zelena getting her mommy & Rumples affection? Is every single storyline going to be about someones messed up parent issues?
Probably. Every character has issues with one or both of their parents. Seriously... find a character who doesn’t (one that we know enough about to know their parents). 

Personally, I’d love to have a new character on OUAT that:

a. Doesn’t have major parent issues.
b. Isn’t related to Henry.

Quote:
As a general rule envy doesn't actually turn you green.
Obviously not for typical people, but maybe for magic users, envy does turn you green? 

I wasn’t thrilled for that being the reason for her turning green, but it works as an explanation, if just barely. There is some evidence that Rumple’s appearance was partly his own doing (his appearance only started to change after he killed the people and embraced the darkness, not at the moment he became the dark one).

On the other hand, if emotions can change a person’s skin, then why isn’t Regina red from anger?
Old 04-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

^It could be that Zelena's magic is so potent that even she has difficulty controlling it and it manifests itself in unintended ways (her skin turning green). Emotions drive magic, and the stronger the magic talent in a person, the more potent their emotions. Only envy is strongly associated with a particular color (green). The rest, like anger or love, are mixed. Red is for passion, love and anger. Black is for the darkest emotions (hate, malice). In fact, in the show black does manifest itself--in the heart. The heart turns black under dark emotions.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Mirror (View Post)
^It could be that Zelena's magic is so potent that even she has difficulty controlling it and it manifests itself in unintended ways (her skin turning green). Emotions drive magic, and the stronger the magic talent in a person, the more potent their emotions. Only envy is strongly associated with a particular color (green). The rest, like anger or love, are mixed. Red is for passion, love and anger. Black is for the darkest emotions (hate, malice). In fact, in the show black does manifest itself--in the heart. The heart turns black under dark emotions.
They also could have thrown in a line about the emerald city, although I don't know how that would connect with jealousy. Or Rumple putting some kind of spell on her to help her deal with controlling her emotions by showing when they got out of control.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hook knew him and cared for him to some degree as Milha's son.

Regina was probably there because it was Henry's father.

Tinkerbelle knew him.

Charming and Snow knew him and had fought alongside him. They were also probably there to support Emma and Henry.

Belle knew him.

Granny and Ruby seem to know everyone sooner or later, although there's no onscreen evidence for more than Neal eating at Granny's. Ruby might have been there because she's one of Belle's friends.

Robin knew him and feels he owed Neal's father for giving him more time with Marion before she died and for letting her live long enough for Roland to be born.

One of the background characters might have been a Lost Boy.

The Blue Fairy had better remember him, all things considered.

There were several others I couldn't identify, but they might have known him, too.

I would have liked to have seen Dove at the funeral.

Archie has probably been avoiding funeral's since his own.
I think your confusing knew with met. The Blue Fairy? I honestly can't believe she cares for him, he was just another pawn to her in this war of good vs evil.

The lost boys? Were the same lost boys, or new ones? We don't know enough about those preteen sadists, but I doubt any were moved after so many years.

Robin Hood's connection, a stretch.

Granny & Ruby? Its hard to keep up to were those two are and aren't. They pop up after not being seen for so many episodes, than are every where.

Belle barely knew him. And was moved to tears at hearing about his death, whom without the year's memory knew of him even less.

Henry, even with his memories barely knew him at all.

And you'd think after all Neal did that both Snow & Charming would be at least a little glad he was no longer in their child's life. Same goes for Regina.

That scene seemed to try and convoy that somehow Neal mattered, that he had purpose, that he'll be missed. None of which is true. Neal's whole storyline was a failure scene conception, it should have been aborted long before now.

Many things about The Vampire Diary's annoy me, but the one thing they continue to get right is when they finally kill off an annoying and useless character...they simply dig a hole and dump the body in.

Quote:
Probably. Every character has issues with one or both of their parents. Seriously... find a character who doesn’t (one that we know enough about to know their parents). 

Personally, I’d love to have a new character on OUAT that:

a. Doesn’t have major parent issues.
b. Isn’t related to Henry.
And with as much time as the writers spend on these storylines, I refuse to believe their anti-adoption stance is anything but on purpose.

I'd love if both of those things happened. It's obvious that since Zelena couldn't get Regina's actual heart, she'll take the same route she did with Charming and go after a symbol of her heart: Her nephew; Henry.

Quote:
On the other hand, if emotions can change a person’s skin, then why isn’t Regina red from anger?
Very true. Or why hasn't Snow simply turned pink? Magic or not, pink would be her color.

You know, Neal could have been a good character. Despite the short comings he'd had to suffer from before even coming on the show. If only the writers had given him something to do that wasn't obviously predictable from every single moment.

Writers, your pushing those ships hard. And they continue to fail. Hook gets his own episode next week? Another decent character that will be ruined by how predictable it'll all go.

I've come to the conclusion that much like every female ever paired with a Winchester, every male paired with Swan Queen will fail. Not because, as much as I'd love it, the writers have them as end game, but because they can't find a legitimate pairing that doesn't make people want to see them at the bottom of dug out holes.

): )
Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Oz looked interesting. Guess there's no reason for any of the main characters to go there since the wizard can't help them. He seems completely useless, actually.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think your confusing knew with met. The Blue Fairy? I honestly can't believe she cares for him.
I’ve been to funerals to people I’ve only met -- not really knew or cared for on a personal level. And if I was close to someone who lost someone, I might even go to that funeral if I didn’t know the person who died at all. 

Yes, I’m sure the filmmakers added people to try and make Neal’s farewell more meaningful, but the main character Emma is sad, so I don't think it is bad if viewers are effected as well. Regardless, I think Rumple is the only one who will have a long-term devastation from it. For Emma and the others, Neal’s death is more of a catalyst to get serious about beating Zelena.

Quote:
And you'd think after all Neal did that both Snow & Charming would be at least a little glad he was no longer in their child's life.
Actually, to my knowledge neither Snow or Charming ever found out about the jail thing, at least not on screen. But discounting that, they are good people and I can’t see them happy that someone dies. (And even if they were, they’d never show that when their daughter is sad).

Quote:
Oz looked interesting. Guess there's no reason for any of the main characters to go there since the wizard can't help them. He seems completely useless, actually.
Now he is Zelena’s lackey. Of course, the good news is that people can stop with the “Emma ****ed a monkey” thing. I said from the start that I thought Walsh was first a man - and now a shapeshifter. The fact that he was first just a regular person from Kansas, it makes sense why he could blend into NYC so well. I actually wonder if as a “reward” if he married Emma was that he would be free to live in the regular world as a human. It would make sense that even if he didn’t love Emma, he would have his own motivation for the arrangement (beyond “Zelena made me”).

As far as OZ goes, I doubt we’ll see main characters go there anytime soon, but it is a whole world. Even if the wizard can’t do anything for them, there could be other characters (Glinda, and actually... any number of random people).
Old 04-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was pretty good episode, but the previous ones that has aired since the show got back from the hiatus was better.

I LOVE the Robin/Regina scenes And she gave him her heart to keep it safe

The fight between Regina & Zelena was awesome, Regina is so clever

The flashbacks could have been better but it was good to see why Zelena became like this.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 04-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah im glad we got to see how zelena came to be,and walsh lol
yeah this episode was not bad
I really enjoyed the fight too,and glad regina knew better

{}
Old 04-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought this was a really good episode, enjoyed it, love the camera shots in the episode

- Aww Bae’s funeral and Rumple not being able to be there
- Glad we saw the Regina/Tinkerbelle friendship again, I do enjoy that
- Tinkerbelle giving advice to Regina about Robin was good to see and the introduction
- So it seems Zelana is DOROTHY!!!, blimey that was a curveball
- Regina/WW spat was good
- So we still don’t know Zelana’s father
- Ahh the Wizard and Zelana meet
- FTL RUMPLE!!!, how I’ve missed you and your snark
- Belle being a hero and going to save Rumple
- RUMBELLE!!! bawl: oh their scenes
- Ok Zelana is Annie Wilkes from the book ‘Misery’ !!
- Love the smack Regina gave Wicked Witch
- Can people stop wrecking the library clock please!
- Lovely scene with Robin and Regina, literally giving him her heart
- So it seems that Wicked Witch wants to reverse time!
- Ahh Walsh is the Wizard.....

Bring on the next...
Old 04-07-2014, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I thought this was a really good episode, enjoyed it, love the camera shots in the episode

- Aww Bae’s funeral and Rumple not being able to be there
- Glad we saw the Regina/Tinkerbelle friendship again, I do enjoy that
- Tinkerbelle giving advice to Regina about Robin was good to see and the introduction
- So it seems Zelana is DOROTHY!!!, blimey that was a curveball
- Regina/WW spat was good
- So we still don’t know Zelana’s father
- Ahh the Wizard and Zelana meet
- FTL RUMPLE!!!, how I’ve missed you and your snark
- Belle being a hero and going to save Rumple
- RUMBELLE!!! bawl: oh their scenes
- Ok Zelana is Annie Wilkes from the book ‘Misery’ !!
- Love the smack Regina gave Wicked Witch
- Can people stop wrecking the library clock please!
- Lovely scene with Robin and Regina, literally giving him her heart
- So it seems that Wicked Witch wants to reverse time!
- Ahh Walsh is the Wizard.....

Bring on the next...
Old 04-07-2014, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg I'm so excited to finish this episode when I get home
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel Leigh (View Post)
I’ve been to funerals to people I’ve only met -- not really knew or cared for on a personal level. And if I was close to someone who lost someone, I might even go to that funeral if I didn’t know the person who died at all. 

I have too. Plus it's a tv thing having a bunch of people going to a funeral even if all the characters were not the one that dies best friend,

Actually, to my knowledge neither Snow or Charming ever found out about the jail thing, at least not on screen. But discounting that, they are good people and I can’t see them happy that someone dies. (And even if they were, they’d never show that when their daughter is sad).

Now he is Zelena’s lackey. Of course, the good news is that people can stop with the “Emma ****ed a monkey” thing. I said from the start that I thought Walsh was first a man - and now a shapeshifter. The fact that he was first just a regular person from Kansas, it makes sense why he could blend into NYC so well. I actually wonder if as a “reward” if he married Emma was that he would be free to live in the regular world as a human. It would make sense that even if he didn’t love Emma, he would have his own motivation for the arrangement (beyond “Zelena made me”).

As far as OZ goes, I doubt we’ll see main characters go there anytime soon, but it is a whole world. Even if the wizard can’t do anything for them, there could be other characters (Glinda, and actually... any number of random people).
I agree with this I always Walsh was human who could turn into animal form not a actual monkey